Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Ohio @ #25 UB (2/19 - 7:00pm ET)

Jeseph

Wow graves is shooting the lights how. Glad to see him get some more points. Keep riding the hot hand! Thank god at least one of Harris’ 3s went in. He looked out of sorts on that last shot before half. Just keep playing Jeremy it’ll come back. Very solid first half. Ohio just really doesn’t look good at all..

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

BTW, i love this crew. Just let them play basketball, its really not hard to only call 6 fouls each per half. 

Yes! I forgot to mention this. Really just letting them play the game. Haven’t even noticed the refs this game and it’s nice. They’re doing a nice job 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UB92 said:

While nothing is a given, I would hope we see some Fagan, Bertram, Segu and Williams.  Collectively, they average 8.3 minutes a game.  I would like to see this foursome combine for 40 minutes tonight.

Go Bulls.

From your lips to Nate’s ears. Please whisper into his ears that he is staying at UB. 🙂

Here’s the obvious Mr. Graves was scorching hot tonight. That is superb. Great for his confidence. He and the team needs that. Good sign going forward. Harris still struggling though. Still has time to figure it out. He shot poorly OOC last year before flipping a switch. He’s still looking for that switch. I remain hopeful he finds it. 

Onto Kent State who is coming off a loss tonight against the chips. Let’s blow them away like we did in 2015 when the game got moved from Saturday to Friday night like this year. Go Bulls!

Just what the doctor ordered. Still hoping Harris can get his shot back but at least he got one 3. Also had a nice assist and dunk so he’s still contributing. Just a couple of rough shots that’s atypical of what we remember. 

Glad to see a bunch of other players get some time. Great win. Let’s go beat Kent 

49 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Graves deserves more credit for the season he’s had. He’s making a case that this is his team next year.

He’s had some great games. But he’s been more or less absent in some games. With his athletic ability he should never be a non factor especially now that he’s basically a college junior. There’s an excellent video on Twitter with the post game presser where Nate said Jayvon had his two best practices of the year Sunday and Monday. I think it was posted by ub Athletics  check it out. 

For most of this season we've wondered, "what's going to happen when they start shooting as well as we know they can?"  So many games they won but we thought, they didn't play well (for them).  Tonight we saw what happens when those shots dropped.  An absolute barrage that buried a poor, overwhelmed Ohio team.  I haven't forgotten 2005 or 2013 - for that and more, you deserved this tonight, Ohio.

UB seemed to concentrate on taking away the perimeter from the Bobcats, which meant they were going to allow some aggravating baskets underneath. Ohio ended up 3 for 11 from three, and those three were probably all late in the game. Until then Ohio hadn't even taken many from outside.  UB has had so many nights where they weren't hitting from behind the arc, that when tonight got going I hoped they would save a few for Friday.  The Bulls went to a small lineup (even for them) at some point in the first half and didn't look back.

Graves - he was on fire, and rolled with it.  He always looks like a focused, fired up competitor
CJ - the baskets started dropping for him too, plus a couple of his customary plucky rebounds underneath. There are times when he beats his defender with a quick move by the perimeter, has an open jumper...but proceeds to keep going.  Take the open jumper!
Dontay - got burned in the second half by his mark on a long pass towards the basket, and you could tell this lit a fire under him.  He rattled off several baskets after that.
Harris - he uses his long reach so well going to the basket, whether to get separation past a defender or for a reverse layup.
Williams - a plucky put-back in the first half and actually made a three tonight
Segu - so many point guards at this level can dribble and play defense but can't shoot consistently from outside.  Clark could do all of that last year, and Segu might be the next one who can.
Jordan - a stronger game from him than some of the previous ones

Ohio looks like a team devoid of confidence right now.  #0 may be good someday, but he looks like a 13-year-old out there. I wonder what #4 said to get a technical - if he was taunting, well when you're down 41 points in the second half, the time to gloat has long passed.  Ohio got some slick buckets underneath early but couldn't cope with a barrage of three's from the Bulls.  Saul Phillips is the highest paid coach in the MAC, and based on tonight, you wonder what if anything is going on there.

Crowd - another bumper crowd on a weeknight.  I heard there were a lot of traffic backups out front.  I know it's tough to keep the noise up when the team is up by so many points.  And there are so many new people there these days.  But enough have been there enough times already, can they please at least start with: horns up on foul shots, and cheering along with the 'Let's Go Bulls' cowbell routine.  There are entirely not enough people taking part in these, and these are pretty easy things to go along with.

29 minutes ago, enrique14150 said:

For most of this season we've wondered, "what's going to happen when they start shooting as well as we know they can?"  So many games they won but we thought, they didn't play well (for them).  Tonight we saw what happens when those shots dropped.  An absolute barrage that buried a poor, overwhelmed Ohio team.  I haven't forgotten 2005 or 2013 - for that and more, you deserved this tonight, Ohio.

UB seemed to concentrate on taking away the perimeter from the Bobcats, which meant they were going to allow some aggravating baskets underneath. Ohio ended up 3 for 11 from three, and those three were probably all late in the game. Until then Ohio hadn't even taken many from outside.  UB has had so many nights where they weren't hitting from behind the arc, that when tonight got going I hoped they would save a few for Friday.  The Bulls went to a small lineup (even for them) at some point in the first half and didn't look back.

Graves - he was on fire, and rolled with it.  He always looks like a focused, fired up competitor
CJ - the baskets started dropping for him too, plus a couple of his customary plucky rebounds underneath. There are times when he beats his defender with a quick move by the perimeter, has an open jumper...but proceeds to keep going.  Take the open jumper!
Dontay - got burned in the second half by his mark on a long pass towards the basket, and you could tell this lit a fire under him.  He rattled off several baskets after that.
Harris - he uses his long reach so well going to the basket, whether to get separation past a defender or for a reverse layup.
Williams - a plucky put-back in the first half and actually made a three tonight
Segu - so many point guards at this level can dribble and play defense but can't shoot consistently from outside.  Clark could do all of that last year, and Segu might be the next one who can.
Jordan - a stronger game from him than some of the previous ones

Ohio looks like a team devoid of confidence right now.  #0 may be good someday, but he looks like a 13-year-old out there. I wonder what #4 said to get a technical - if he was taunting, well when you're down 41 points in the second half, the time to gloat has long passed.  Ohio got some slick buckets underneath early but couldn't cope with a barrage of three's from the Bulls.  Saul Phillips is the highest paid coach in the MAC, and based on tonight, you wonder what if anything is going on there.

Crowd - another bumper crowd on a weeknight.  I heard there were a lot of traffic backups out front.  I know it's tough to keep the noise up when the team is up by so many points.  And there are so many new people there these days.  But enough have been there enough times already, can they please at least start with: horns up on foul shots, and cheering along with the 'Let's Go Bulls' cowbell routine.  There are entirely not enough people taking part in these, and these are pretty easy things to go along with.

I'll give Mcrea some love too. He was hitting 'em too. 

Let's do this for the next couple of games, have a closer one back at Ohio, and put BG in their place come end of MAC play. I am fully torqued