Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Keishawn Brewton (JUCO)

Kevin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I saw that another poster brought up coach Jamie liking one of his recent tweets, and I did a little digging. We offered him last year but he chose coastal Carolina.He is back in the transfer portal. He follows  Antwain Johnson on Twitter and Instagram. Would be a HUGE get. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UB fan 7 said:

I saw that another poster brought up coach Jamie liking one of his recent tweets, and I did a little digging. We offered him last year but he chose coastal Carolina.He is back in the transfer portal. He follows  Antwain Johnson on Twitter and Instagram. Would be a HUGE get. 

41 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Big fan of Brewton.

Sit one to play one?

Unfortunately I think so. Looks like he could take over Grave’s role in 21-22

4 hours ago, Kevin said:

Big fan of Brewton.

Sit one to play one?

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article239928183.html

He left CC after 22 team games, but I'm not sure how it works in terms of him transferring mid-year for eligibility. I think he would have had to leave earlier to keep his spring semester from counting.

Let's get this kid. Put up strong numbers as an older freshman.

12 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article239928183.html

He left CC after 22 team games, but I'm not sure how it works in terms of him transferring mid-year for eligibility. I think he would have had to leave earlier to keep his spring semester from counting.

Let's get this kid. Put up strong numbers as an older freshman.

Saw him in an article by espn, he was listed under the sit one, play one transfers.    

he seems to also be friends with Malik. They retweet each other tweets and both went to Chipola. 

1 hour ago, UB fan 7 said:

Saw him in an article by espn, he was listed under the sit one, play one transfers.    

he seems to also be friends with Malik. They retweet each other tweets and both went to Chipola. 

Good catch on the Chipola connection with Malik. They would have been teammates in 18-19 it appears.

• 4 weeks later...

Love it, we are stacked at the guard position and deep. Multiple scorers and ball handlers will keep us with same uptempo pace. My only concern really is our frontline, once you get past Mballa there is some uncertainty there. Hopefully Hardnett puts on some muscle so he can play a bigger role. 

Edited by Ubbulls84

3 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Love it, we are stacked at the guard position and deep. Multiple scorers and ball handlers will keep us with same uptempo pace. My only concern really is our frontline, once you get past Mballa there is some uncertainty there. Hopefully Hardnett puts on some muscle so he can play a bigger role. 

Huge pickup for the bulls, amazing talent and sharpshooter. I noticed he has a very large following on Instagram, any chance he was one of the Segu like players in HS?

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

Huge pickup for the bulls, amazing talent and sharpshooter. I noticed he has a very large following on Instagram, any chance he was one of the Segu like players in HS?

Seems to be a popular kid, lots of high major talent showing him love on Instagram. Looks like he knows Zion being from Spartanburg, SC. And we know he played JUCO with Malik, which I'm sure helped seal the deal.

It's a really good get. I imagine he'll be at minimum Antwain Johnson, which you take all day as senior depth. Potential for more.

Great commit! A perfect fit for 2021. It feels a bit like Will Regan, who we loved but went elsewhere. He could have a similar impact on the program as Regan's return produced, a key piece to an NCAA bid.

His Coastal highlights show a little CJ in him, with his confidence from 3 and unorthodox shooting style from deep, but it works...no fix needed. If he is even 75% of what CJ brought, I'll take it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

With Malik looking like he will no longer be a part of the team this year, could we see Keishawn being granted a waiver to play? Many transfers around the NCAA seem to be granted the opportunity. It would be nice to have another playable guard on the court, Graves, Segu and Gallion are the only guards we have with NCAA experience. Robinson was a highly rated guard in HS but who knows how he will be able to handle the D1 level