Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent St. @ #25 UB (2/22 - 7pm EST)

Jeseph

Going to be a fun one on Friday night. Game is selected as the "Black Out" game for fans. So those going to the game, make sure to wear black. 

The main thing I am looking at for this game will be how Jordan/Caruthers/Rondo work on Walker. Walker put up 21 points and his right hand man Avery made 13. Our offense is rolling and we will find a way to score but I am more concerned about defense now. 

During the Ohio game, you can tell some upperclassmen were frustrated with some of the freshman when they would switch on ball screens when it was unnecessary. Williams and Rondo were caught a couple times. (I am pretty sure Caruthers was also). I get what Oats and Co. were thinking. Make Ohio beat you down low (because they can't). The only shot Ohio had was putting up threes. But I want to see that fleshed out before the MAC tournament. 

5 minutes ago, rma said:

Top moments vs Kent State (all in the same game)

Kent State pregame rap 

UB Mop Guy

Shannon Evans stepback 3

Hope that we destroy them in front of a rowdy student crowd on Friday.

“Where is the cheerleaders?” WTF!! Idiots. Ridiculous idiots!

We know about Avery and Walker (and have to limit their scoring/outside shooting) but I think one of the keys to the game will be our approach to Whittington who went for 18pt 13reb against us in the last game. Play tough inside, rebound well and keep those home rims friendly!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

We know about Avery and Walker (and have to limit their scoring/outside shooting) but I think one of the keys to the game will be our approach to Whittington who went for 18pt 13reb against us in the last game. Play tough inside, rebound well and keep those home rims friendly!

Avery did not play against the Chips last night. I believe he injured his ankle perhaps knee in the previous game. Walker shot horrendously last night going 2-16 from field while scoring 14  Whittington had 18.  Both Akron and the Chips D’ed Walker up very well. No reason we shouldn’t. 

19 hours ago, Jeseph said:

Agree. Will have to continue our defensive mindset and rebound the ball. Again how is the game going to be officiated?? Did anyone notice the Bona game last night. It was a tough, physical game with only 21 combined fouls called??? Looking forward to another great, loud and supportive crowd. Go Bulls!!!!

2 hours ago, John said:

Agree. Will have to continue our defensive mindset and rebound the ball. Again how is the game going to be officiated?? Did anyone notice the Bona game last night. It was a tough, physical game with only 21 combined fouls called??? Looking forward to another great, loud and supportive crowd. Go Bulls!!!!

I think this is really important. Kent loves to play bully ball and just hacks away at anyone inside the paint. It can be frustrating when they just let it go in Kent's arena but should be interesting what kind of game the refs call. You can assume Perkins is going to get mauled on the inside. Let's see if he can hold on to the damn ball and not let his emotions get the better of him.

53 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Don’t let them get in our heads, play our game, make FTs, send them home angry.

We have to play our game and keep our composure against this group. Their starters and top 5/7 are all upper class men who have been thru the MAC wars. Although not sure if Avery is going to play due to injury? Really not to shabby of a record 19-7 and 8-5 in MAC. Still look for another big win in front of a enthusiastic crowd. Go Bulls!!!!! 

59 minutes ago, yussi1870 said:

You mean if they win this but lose the rest of their games they’re still top seed in the MAC tourney?

Us and BG are essentially even except they have the head to head tiebreaker right now. They haven’t shown any sign of fading so the number one seed could come down to our game against them on senior night. But us and BG have a 3 game cushion on the 3 seed. 

The tiebreaker rules: I wonder if this is still current.

https://getsomemaction.com/sports/2015/3/4/MBB_0304150307.aspx

5 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Us and BG are essentially even except they have the head to head tiebreaker right now. They haven’t shown any sign of fading so the number one seed could come down to our game against them on senior night. But us and BG have a 3 game cushion on the 3 seed. 

If we beat Kent, we will have a top 2 seed. Meaning we are guaranteed to be on the other side of BG. 

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Yep! 

If UB beats Kent and BG, they will have the tiebreaker on every team in the conference (NIU cant be tied with UB now)

For purposes of seeding, the 2 can be locked up tomorrow. Which is CRAZY this early. 

Edited by Kevin

28 minutes ago, Kevin said:

If UB beats Kent and BG, they will have the tiebreaker on every team in the conference (NIU cant be tied with UB now)

For purposes of seeding, the 2 can be locked up tomorrow. Which is CRAZY this early. 

We’re coming for that number 1 spot! Seriously though this is great. But if BG doesn’t fade that game March 8th will be for it all.

Need the team to come out and focus on the "one possession, one media time out, one half at a time" approach. All of this talk about March is important but we can't lose focus on the task at hand. Stop your man from scoring, get out in transition, take care of the ball, beat your man/find the open shooter on offense, focus at the line. We do these things and we beat another huge spread at home.

20 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

It will probably come down to the BG/UB game for 1st in conference. The remaining BG schedule is Miami and Kent State at home. Away games at Ohio, Akron and UB with Miami the only team to beat BG so far. Go Bulls!!!!!

33 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Need the team to come out and focus on the "one possession, one media time out, one half at a time" approach. All of this talk about March is important but we can't lose focus on the task at hand. Stop your man from scoring, get out in transition, take care of the ball, beat your man/find the open shooter on offense, focus at the line. We do these things and we beat another huge spread at home.

True! True! And true yet again!!