Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent St. @ #25 UB (2/22 - 7pm EST)

Jeseph

I'm not able to attend tonight's game but hope to be able to watch on TV.  I'm counting on the crowd to be extra loud tonight (certainly louder than usual) so that I can hear it on the boob tube (can we still call it "tube?").  When the cheerleaders hold up their signs that say Make Noise or Get Loud, do it like it's your job.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I'm not able to attend tonight's game but hope to be able to watch on TV.  I'm counting on the crowd to be extra loud tonight (certainly louder than usual) so that I can hear it on the boob tube (can we still call it "tube?").  When the cheerleaders hold up their signs that say Make Noise or Get Loud, do it like it's your job.

There will be 6k+ there for sure. Friday night against Kent State? It'll be fun. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

They'll come around eventually. The student section lost it's fire too.

Unfortunately things don't look/feel like this anymore:

11043276_10102286816064228_6705473399888

(2015)

Fun times. I was in this pic. To be fair, not every game was like this. 

Maybe they should try to start chants before the game starts. I remember we were doing a chant on every possession in the past. Also, feed off what the players are throwing at you. Music should stop during warm ups when they are jumping around getting hype before McCrae slams down a dunk. They have done that the past 2 or 3 home games. 

20 minutes ago, BullsFan14 said:

Maybe they should try to start chants before the game starts. I remember we were doing a chant on every possession in the past. Also, feed off what the players are throwing at you. Music should stop during warm ups when they are jumping around getting hype before McCrae slams down a dunk. They have done that the past 2 or 3 home games. 

It's tough. I think a lot of the seats are getting sold to people who want to come out and watch good basketball and root for Buffalo, but don't know college culture or the changes. They kind of treat it like a minor league sport. The Sabres have the same issue. That place is silent.

We used to mock the public for not coming. However, now they are, and the students aren't making noise now. 

At the CMU game, I think we counted 50 people standing in that endzone.

I'll be there tonight with @Big 4 Hoops Blogger giving content. If there is anything you guys want to see/hear/be asked post game, let us know.

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

However, now they are, and the students aren't out

I disagree with that statement. Public and Students are out. It is that people aren't getting into the game. I agree that culture is tough to shift from Public (agreed with Sabres games). Sorry to steer this into a different direction. 

Back to Kent, is there any word that Avery is playing tonight?

4 minutes ago, BullsFan14 said:

I disagree with that statement. Public and Students are out. It is that people aren't getting into the game. I agree that culture is tough to shift from Public (agreed with Sabres games). Sorry to steer this into a different direction. 

Back to Kent, is there any word that Avery is playing tonight?

Tough to think he'd be back, and if he is, hard to see him at 100%. I'm trying to follow some Kent people to see.

36 minutes ago, BullsFan14 said:

Your not the guy way in the back on your cell phone are you???? Just joking!!  Do agree when we were first starting to take the conference by storm maybe there was more chanting and total jubilation. But now we are getting so many more fans that have not been here for years that the dynamic is a little different. Still a great time and looking around the packed arena is a sight to behold. Go Bulls!!!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John said:

Your not the guy way in the back on your cell phone are you???? Just joking!!  Do agree when we were first starting to take the conference by storm maybe there was more chanting and total jubilation. But now we are getting so many more fans that have not been here for years that the dynamic is a little different. Still a great time and looking around the packed arena is a sight to behold. Go Bulls!!!!!

Caught me! Having a boost in fans is certainly a problem that I wouldn't mind having in the arena!

1 hour ago, BullsFan14 said:

If I’m not mistaken that was the game we needed to secure a top 2 seed in the MAC tourney which meant having to win two rather than four games to make the big dance. There was a ton riding on that game.

3 hours ago, Jeseph said:

They'll come around eventually. The student section lost it's fire too.

Unfortunately things don't look/feel like this anymore:

11043276_10102286816064228_6705473399888

(2015)

To be fair - a 66-62 game with 2:58 is naturally going to spur more crowd interaction than when the team is up 40+ points.  Close games will bring out the crowd noise and bring people to their feet.  We've had a string of blowouts at home this year, so naturally people are going to sit back and watch the show if Buffalo is up late rather than when they are fighting it out until the end.  

In conference this year, our average margin of victory at home is 25 pts.  I can't decry the lack of coordinated crowd enthusiasm too much based on that.

Edited by ubxcretired
  • Like 1

48 mins to tip and student section is packed. They've been showing up. I was also in the pic posted above and it's difficult to replicate the feeling of a team fighting for their first NCAA appearance when we're destroying everyone on our way to an at Large. It'll get there and packing alumni is a good first step, fan involvement should follow but I don't expect it to occur overnight.