Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Kent St. @ #25 UB (2/22 - 7pm EST)

Jeseph

16 hours ago, squire17 said:

Again, to each his own. I admire your resolve, but when the game has reached the point where the outcome is obvious, I’m gone. The Kent game saw an 8 -3 spread in the final 5 minutes. Not worth staying for...Unless you must pay homage to your idols. Not me.

Again everyone has  their own personal perspective on what is important. Paying homage is a unique way of putting it. We appreciate athletic talent for what it is but don’t put anyone on a pedestal. We just enjoy the sport for what it is. Giving us some enjoyment and forgetting about the everyday happenings in life. Go Bulls!!!!

The ESPN app makes leaving early more attractive than ever. You can pop your phone out and keep up with the final few minutes. 

As an "event" if you value keeping people there for the full game, you have to do something to make that more attractive than the time saved getting out of the lot. (i.e. Marvel found a way to make you sit through the credits.)

Is staying till the end a benefit for the Athletic Department? I'd argue probably not, the early leavers help ease parking lot congestion, you probably aren't selling too much in concessions in the final minutes, and people hanging around annoy facilities people who have to start their cleanup.

• Jeseph unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

The ESPN app makes leaving early more attractive than ever. You can pop your phone out and keep up with the final few minutes. 

As an "event" if you value keeping people there for the full game, you have to do something to make that more attractive than the time saved getting out of the lot. (i.e. Marvel found a way to make you sit through the credits.)

Is staying till the end a benefit for the Athletic Department? I'd argue probably not, the early leavers help ease parking lot congestion, you probably aren't selling too much in concessions in the final minutes, and people hanging around annoy facilities people who have to start their cleanup.

Just staying to the end benefits the fan that wants to enjoy the entire game and even after atmosphere. Seeing it on the app is if you are not there in person. But to each is own and different strokes for different folks. Just happy we are getting more fans than ever to attend games and support our team. Go Bulls!!!!

15 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Dodger fans.

It is like that all over the sports landscape. Again there are fans that put more importance on getting out of the parking lot. Look what has happened at Sabres games for years. Of course they have been terrible for years. But no matter what the score fans leave early. Again different strokes for different folks. Just enjoying the entire atmosphere at our games and soaking it all in. Go Bulls!!!!