Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Who's going to Cleveland?

10 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

I’m planning on covering the final two days of the MAC Tournament.

I’m very excited! I’ve covered the event once in the past and attended twice as a fan in college.

It’s one of my favorite weeks of the year!

I would love to be there but with a little one that is gonna make it tough. 

Our family will be there. We started out as a group of two back in 2005/06. Now that some of the family is retired our group has been expanded since the Bobby Hurley/Nate Oats coaching hires. We are now up to a group of six and counting with brothers, brother-in-laws and my sons who are UB alumni. We are booked from Wed-Sat at the Radisson and looking forward to the Harry Buffalo UB party. Go Bulls!!!!

• Like 1

I am a lucky charm.  All three times I have made the trip to cleveland to see UB in the finals, they have won.  The other times...I didn't go...and we lost.

As it stands now, I am free that Saturday night.  Barring something unforeseen, I will be there (with my son...he is also a lucky charm) to root the Bulls on to a conference tournament championship.

I still think back to that first championship, by the way.  Only until they had it up by a good number under 1 minute did I feel safe.  I enjoyed that minute...that's a memory I will hold forever (like the MACC win vs. Ball State).

I really, really, really hope everyone is enjoying this "season for the ages".  Sure...we want to be Gonzaga of the East, but I hope everyone is enjoying what we have now and this historic season.

Go Bulls!

Edited by UB92

1 hour ago, UB92 said:

I am a lucky charm.  All three times I have made the trip to cleveland to see UB in the finals, they have won.  The other times...I didn't go...and we lost.

As it stands now, I am free that Saturday night.  Barring something unforeseen, I will be there (with my son...he is also a lucky charm) to root the Bulls on to a conference tournament championship.

I still think back to that first championship, by the way.  Only until they had it up by a good number under 1 minute did I feel safe.  I enjoyed that minute...that's a memory I will hold forever (like the MACC win vs. Ball State).

I really, really, really hope everyone is enjoying this "season for the ages".  Sure...we want to be Gonzaga of the East, but I hope everyone is enjoying what we have now and this historic season.

Go Bulls!

I still think back to when both the women and men won the MAC in Cleveland and being on the floor celebrating with both teams and fans and staying around afterword talking to fans and media . Our family still gets chills reliving those games. Enjoying every minute of these last few years and this year with more to come. Go Bulls!!!!!

5 hours ago, rma said:

Kinda disappointing we aren't at Harry Buffalo this year if that is the case

Hopefully some kind of informal gathering at Harry Buffalo will still take place, but I'm excited for Southern Tier. Would have gone there anyway at some point, excellent beer. And food at the Pittsburgh tap room was pretty good too as I recall.

Edited by MDBullsfan89

For those that were there last year, I think it is understandable why they want to move it. In the rare occurrence that Toledo and Buffalo make it to the finals. It is a mad house. Last year I went to HB then to Flannery's because I couldn't get the drink at the bar. 

HB is the Toledo bar. They just haven't been good enough to make it to Semis or Finals so we didn't have an issue. I like the idea of Southern Tier being the new location especially since it is brand new and I heard it is more spacious than HB

On 2/22/2019 at 8:59 AM, BullsFan14 said:

For those that were there last year, I think it is understandable why they want to move it. In the rare occurrence that Toledo and Buffalo make it to the finals. It is a mad house. Last year I went to HB then to Flannery's because I couldn't get the drink at the bar. 

HB is the Toledo bar. They just haven't been good enough to make it to Semis or Finals so we didn't have an issue. I like the idea of Southern Tier being the new location especially since it is brand new and I heard it is more spacious than HB

It makes sense that we should have our own separate bars and I'm sure Southern Tier will be a fine venue but I loved that layout at Hairy Buffalo with the private room upstairs, the proximity (yeah I know, Southern Tier is only like 200 feet down the road) and the fact that it has Buffalo in the name. 

As Michael Bolton from Office space put it, why should we have to change when they're the ones who suck.

Edited by UB_Prush
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Shit, if we were a bad team and the tournament were in our backyard, I'd probably still show up.  Gotta represent.  When we lost to that one school in Illinois I wasn't even mad at their students posting on reddit that they were pumped that they pulled off the upset.  Even if the chances are low that you're team pulls off an upset, it just makes pulling off the upset that much better.  2016 WBB comes to mind (again).  I know somebody who skipped Cleveland that year because they wanted their last Cleveland trip as a student to be a MBB championship.  They missed out on a WBB/MBB championship.

Think of it like this.  There were a bunch of us this year that went down to New Jersey to watch UB play Rutgers.  Rutgers fans knew that they had little chance at actually winning, yet they showed up in thousands to watch their team play a couple quarters before heading back to the tailgate to pound more beers.  If they hadn't shown up for those couple quarters and managed to pull off an upset against a MAC school, imagine how devastating it would have been for the fans that said "we have zero chance at winning" and stayed home.

Edited by rma

1 hour ago, ChubbyHubby said:

It has been confirmed.  Southern Tier Brewing is OUR gathering spot this year.

So I assume it's the folks at Trainwreck Sports who are promoting their own (sponsored) "official Bulls HQ" at Panini's on Huron?  I get they have a business to run but it's confusing to push a second Bulls bar and only splits the crowd. (Then again maybe enough people come out to fill two places?)