Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Alumni Arena (You can't win here)

bull_trojan

In the 16 seasons of competitive UB Men's Basketball (since 2003-2004) Our MAC and Big 4 Opponents are a combined 45-111 (28.85%) at Alumni Arena.

Only Bona has a winning record at Alumni over that period, and Ohio is the only other team with a non-losing record.

Bona 3-1 (.750). Last win: Dec. 2, 2017 (448 days ago)
Ohio 8-8 (.500). Last win: Jan. 10, 2017 (774 days ago)
WMU 4-6 (.400). Last win: Feb. 1, 2010 (3,309 days ago)
Akron 5-10 (.333). Last win: Feb. 24, 2017 (729 days ago)
Kent 5-11 (.313). Last win: Feb. 21, 2017 (732 days ago)
Miami 5-11 (.313). Last win: Mar. 1, 2016 (1,089 days ago)
Ball State 3-7 (.300). Last win: Jan. 14, 2017 (770 days ago)
Toledo 3-7 (.300). Last win: Feb. 9, 2016 (1,110 days ago)
Canisius 2-5 (.286). Last win: Nov. 24, 2009 (3,378 days ago)
CMU 3-9 (.250). Last win: Feb. 14, 2015 (1,470 days ago)
Niagara 1-5 (.167). Last win: Nov. 25, 2008 (3,742 days ago)
Bowling Green 2-12 (.143). Last win: Jan. 8, 2011 (2,968 days ago)
EMU 1-8 (.111). Last win: Feb. 4, 2004 (5,498 days ago)
NIU 0-11 (.000). Last win: Feb. 6, 2003 (5,861 days ago)

• Like 2

That is some impressive research and work. Bravo!

I’ll take this one step further. Remember when Reggie was fired. Keith Dambrot and many others said, “you cannot win. It is extremely difficult to win at UB!”  I knew that was nonsense then just as it has been proven to be. We have a huge university. We have tons of alums all over the country. We have a sports crazed market here in WNY. There have been all sorts of first time fans out this year. I’ve seen their commentary on social media. I’ve seen and talked to them in person at AA. The students were fired up last night. All it takes is having the right people in place to have success and then to maintain and build on that success. Which is way it is of massive importance that we retain Nate so the maintenance part of that equation continues. Go Bulls!

Edited by UB85
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, UB85 said:

That is some impressive research and work. Bravo!

I’ll take this one step further. Remember when Reggie was fired. Keith Dambrot and many others said, “you cannot win. It is extremely difficult to win at UB!”  I knew that was nonsense then just as it has been proven to be. We have a huge university. We have tons of alums all over the country. We have a sports crazed market here in WNY. There have been all sorts of first time fans out this year. I’ve seen their commentary on social media. I’ve seen and talked to them in person at AA. The students were fired up last night. All it takes is having the right people in place to have success and then to maintain and build on that success. Which is way it is of massive importance that we retain Nate so the maintenance part of that equation continues. Go Bulls!

Agree 100%. Very important to express to Mark Alnutt either in person, email or other forum to retain Nate and this coaching staff. The amount of revenue increase from the last number of years in ticket sales, concessions and apparel sales has to be unprecedented and we need to keep this momentum going. Go Bulls!!!!

I was there for the largest crowd pre-renovation and it was great...can only imagine what yesterday was like. Two more home games left. I suspect senior night will break yesterday’s post renovation record. I also love that you guys are all making plans for Cleveland. Soon we can make some big dance plans too!