Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Akron @ #21 UB (2/26 - 7pm EST)

Jeseph

Impressive plus/minus and Corsi rating (any link to how Corsi is determined?) for Harris. Let’s say UB wins on Friday. I would try like heck to get some plays specifically for getting Harris some looks from 3 against Ohio next Tuesday. Let him shoot 15 of them if he feels comfortable doing that. If he gets hot, just the threat of him shooting from there will open it up on offense.

2 hours ago, weareub46 said:

I still have faith in Harris getting back to form. I think we need to let him keep shooting and he shouldn’t be afraid to shoot. So many times now he has an open 3 and it feels like he second guesses it due to his struggles. I say let it rip and eventually they’ll start falling again 

Like I said he really is second guessing himself now and hesitating just a second or two enables the defense to close. Up to this point I agree it has not hurt the overall team because of other players contributing. Still hope he can find his shot but it does not make sense for him to start putting 3’s up at great numbers. He still needs to pick and choose when to take the 3’s. He has been such a good player for us it really is hard to see him struggling. Go Bulls!!!!!

8 hours ago, John said:

Like I said he really is second guessing himself now and hesitating just a second or two enables the defense to close. Up to this point I agree it has not hurt the overall team because of other players contributing. Still hope he can find his shot but it does not make sense for him to start putting 3’s up at great numbers. He still needs to pick and choose when to take the 3’s. He has been such a good player for us it really is hard to see him struggling. Go Bulls!!!!!

Been saying it for months, there's more to Harris than the 3 pointer and my god the coaching staff needs to beat that into his head.

18 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

But nothing to indicate that Harris' shooting is affecting the other aspects of his game, as we get more shots up when he's on the court and score more points when he's there...(argument can be made that his poor shooting is masked by our rebounding and a replacement player would be better for us, but that should show up over the course of a full season of games in the plus minus numbers, and they haven't)

Thank you for your research into this. It completely proves me wrong in my off the cuff observation. 

• Jeseph unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, BullsFan14 said:

Thank you for your research into this. It completely proves me wrong in my off the cuff observation. 

Research and analytics are great for us fans. I am not saying he should be out of the lineup but it points to his personal stats and his struggles compared to last year. The rotation that Nate has used is not going to change because of our overall success and I am not saying he should be replaced. There are so many others of his game that has helped us be successful. We really do not have a replacement for Harris and/or Nate does not have enough confidence in other players. Williams is no where near ready to play significant minutes and he looks no where near what a 4 star recruit looks like. The big key for him is how he will improve over the summer because what he did at the high school level has not equated to the college level. Still have faith that he will develop. Go Bulls!!!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

I hope he’s not super attached to #11.  Young’s number will be retired during senior night. 

Have you heard when the festivities for senior night are? With the 6PM game I think it might be after the game like last year. The only problem with that is a lot of fans left and did not stay . The senior night for the women I think is the Sat game this  week. I would think it is before the game. Has anyone heard the times for the festivities???With Dillard and all our Endor men I would think many fans would want to see that??? Go Bulls!!!!

5 hours ago, BullsFan14 said:

I will say, something that the numbers can never capture is the "Game Feeling"

I feel like when the game is close, Harris is conceding or driving, because he's not feeling his shot. But when we start to go on a run,  and defensive focus goes to DC or CJ or Perk, he'll find himself wide open on the corner, and he pulls up. The crowd draws a huge breathe waiting to explode, the shot looks good, and clank. All the air leaves the building. 

When that happened last year, he was the dagger man, especially Arizona where he was the difference between a tenuous lead and a blowout. I still think we need him confident if we're going to make a run in the tourney.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

I will say, something that the numbers can never capture is the "Game Feeling"

I feel like when the game is close, Harris is conceding or driving, because he's not feeling his shot. But when we start to go on a run,  and defensive focus goes to DC or CJ or Perk, he'll find himself wide open on the corner, and he pulls up. The crowd draws a huge breathe waiting to explode, the shot looks good, and clank. All the air leaves the building. 

When that happened last year, he was the dagger man, especially Arizona where he was the difference between a tenuous lead and a blowout. I still think we need him confident if we're going to make a run in the tourney.

Right on the money. We can feel the anticipation in the crowd when Harris shoots. As long as he continues helping in other aspects of his game all should be good. Still hope he can find his touch and hit some 3’s. He is such a polite and respectful kid and as long as he continues to work hard we will be in good shape. Go Bulls!!!!!

15 hours ago, rma said:

And when Jordan shoots a 3 it feels like football season when it's FG time.

Jordan is another player who has been up and down since the middle of the year. He started out promising as far as his 3 point shooting but his 3 point shots the last few games have looked ugly and his free throw shooting is still around 29%. On the plus side he has cut down on his turnovers and he has to continue his assist numbers on the kupswing. Also he has had some nice drives to the basket. His point production is just a plus for us and continue to run the point with minimal turnovers. Go Bulls!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

I found 5789 in the Akron recap. 

This brings the Bulls home season average up to 5290. 

What’s up with the UB website? The box score after the game always had the attendance. They show no attendance for our 3 home games when you go to the attendance icon. Go Bulls!!!!!~