Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB WBB taking it to Ohio

verandaman

1 minute ago, bull_trojan said:

That bounce pass Dillard just threw to get the 57th point was maybe the most impressive thing I've ever seen her do.

So we now have Hawaii and Florida in on the topic...anyone in New York -)  I was getting lonely...

Dillard is really putting on a show; and UB has a very nice 24 point lead after three...

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Needed this one. Let's get some butts in the seats on Saturday. Every game is big to close out the season in order to get a top 4 seed and be in any kind of position to make an NCAA push for at-large.

Congrats to the entire team. A great bounce back game against a very good Ohio team. What a turnaround game from the last three games. Dillard has been a tremendous player for us and her no look passes are a sight to behold. Hemphill had another double double with 18 rebounds.She has to play with that kind of intensity every game. Hope we get a good crowd for the Sat afternoon game against a very good Miami/Ohio team. Only two more games to see Dillard in person at home. Go Bulls!!!!!

Dillard over 2000 career points.  Just passed Steph Reid in scoring at UB.  We haven't had her here for two full seasons and she's 11th in points scored in UB history.

If she keeps up her pace, she'll pass (future Dr.) Loesing, and Coach Sharkey to be 8th by the end of the regular season.  Potential to be top 5 or 6 depending on our seed and which tournament we end up in.

Big time win. I guess Cierra was really was sick last week and coach was right. Some big games coming up for the ladies. Miami (who lost last night) at home over the weekend is another huge one. Let’s keep the big mo going. Hopefully we can get to 20 wins and clinch a top 4 seed for the tourney.

I wonder if this win moved the needle for us in terms of getting an at large bid? Imagine what beating the two “best” teams in the conference back to back could do for us and our resume. Go lady Bulls!

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Big time win. I guess Cierra was really was sick last week and coach was right. Some big games coming up for the ladies. Miami (who lost last night) at home over the weekend is another huge one. Let’s keep the big mo going. Hopefully we can get to 20 wins and clinch a top 4 seed for the tourney.

I wonder if this win moved the needle for us in terms of getting an at large bid? Imagine what beating the two “best” teams in the conference back to back could do for us and our resume. Go lady Bulls!

I would think they would have to win the rest of their games and go to the MAC finals again to get an at large. Just take it one game at a time and hope to see a big crowd on Sat. Go Bulls!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, John said:

I would think they would have to win the rest of their games and go to the MAC finals again to get an at large. Just take it one game at a time and hope to see a big crowd on Sat. Go Bulls!!

Agreed, and the way things seems to shaping up with CMU and Miami now tied for first overall, a semifinal win over CMU may be just enough to push them onto the bubble, assuming no more regular season losses.

29 minutes ago, TML1000 said:

Heading into last night, our RPI was 43 and Ohio was 32. Miami was 42 heading into last night but their loss to Kent will drop them some but if we can win Saturday, back to back wins over top 50 teams would be very helpful.

We will need to win at least the next 2 games and get to the final, in my opinion. The latest projection has 3 MAC teams getting in. Making the finals would likely be necessary, unless there were some upsets along the way of the "top 3".

18 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

We will need to win at least the next 2 games and get to the final, in my opinion. The latest projection has 3 MAC teams getting in. Making the finals would likely be necessary, unless there were some upsets along the way of the "top 3".

Projections are great for us fans but you are only as good as your next game meaning if you lose the polls change on a game to game basis. There will have to be some upsets of the top three teams and UB will have to win in order for UB to be considered. In some respects they have been projected in polls based on the last couple years success and I am happy about that. But at the end of the season it is all about your record and resume so in a nutshell they just have to win their remaining games and let the chip fall where they may be. Go Bulls!!!!!

6 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

MACWBB has earned the right for 3 seeds, maybe 4.  We are in one of the premier women’s conferences in all of the NCAA.  

As a conference we really have made great strides and it is an accomplishment to be proud of. Where are we rated conference wise??? Go Bulls!!!!

7 minutes ago, John said:

As a conference we really have made great strides and it is an accomplishment to be proud of. Where are we rated conference wise??? Go Bulls!!!!

Currently the MAC is 8th in terms of conference RPI...but have been flip-flopping with the WCC for 7th/8th recently as the margins are razor thin. Only the big 6 are above with the Big East at 6 being propped up close to the Big 10 and SEC largely by Marquette's tremendous season.

4 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Isn't it amazing that we're having this conversation?  After all of last year's seniors graduating, who honestly thought we'd be in a position to be having this discussion.

Coach Jack is already in my Mt Rushmore of UB athletics.  Not going to highjack the thread with the other 3 but we are extremely lucky to have her.  I don’t live in the area so not going to throw attendance shade but fans only watching the men are missing out.

2 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

Coach Jack is already in my Mt Rushmore of UB athletics.  Not going to highjack the thread with the other 3 but we are extremely lucky to have her.  I don’t live in the area so not going to throw attendance shade but fans only watching the men are missing out.

The attendance at the CMU game was strong, over 3k, but unfortunately that number is still an outlier. Here's hoping the fans will come out to the last two home games, and last two chances to see CD at Alumni. She is up there with the best athletes ever in UB history...other than Mack and Jonathan Jones I can not think of any better.

52 minutes ago, TML1000 said:

The attendance at the CMU game was strong, over 3k, but unfortunately that number is still an outlier. Here's hoping the fans will come out to the last two home games, and last two chances to see CD at Alumni. She is up there with the best athletes ever in UB history...other than Mack and Jonathan Jones I can not think of any better.

Do agree although I think the attendance this year has been a little better than the last few years. But still do not understand why more fans do not come out and see this very competitive team with especially Dillard and Hemphill to name two. Especially the student attendance is still very poor for the quality teams we have had. But I know the women’s attendance can not be even close to the men’s. Case in point is this year’s Ohio team that has had a great season so far and I looked at their attendance the last few games. It has been below the 1,000 mark????Even CMU women do not draw very well and they have had very good teams and even better quality players. It would be great to see 2- 3 thousand at Sat game or more. Go Bulls!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

The Ohio announcers yesterday treated UB like they were last place in the MAC. Basically conceded they were out of the at-large conversation with the loss to UB. It was kinda insulting, but then again we shouldn't have lost to Akron and BG

Ohio's non-conference slate was awful...their only notable opponent was Purdue who is currently 17-13 and 9th in the Big Ten. Their wins over UB and CMU are by far their best of the season.

3 hours ago, TML1000 said:

Ohio's non-conference slate was awful...their only notable opponent was Purdue who is currently 17-13 and 9th in the Big Ten. Their wins over UB and CMU are by far their best of the season.

Par for the course for Ohio athletics.  Their football team plays either garbage G5 teams or weak P5 teams.  Once in a while there's an outlier, but it's the exception.