Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Men's Seeding in Cleveland

BrooklynBull

As of today, we (1. Buffalo) would play the winner of 8. Eastern Michigan and 9. Northern Illinois for the Thursday Quarter Final at Noon. Wouldn't mind playing NIU again. 

Friday we would play the winner of 4. Central Michigan and 5. Kent State/12. Western Michigan

The other side of the bracket has all the Ohio teams beating up each other. I like seeing that.

Edited by BullsFan14

1 hour ago, promotherobot said:

I'm only in Cleveland Friday and Saturday so it would be nice if they get past the quarterfinal.

Same here.  We have 8 going down.  Usually only get a room for Friday night and then add Saturday night if needed, but decided to do Friday and Saturday this year.  It's a good city to spend time in even if, God forbid, our teams aren't playing on Saturday.

7 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? You? I’m so confused.

When still working and raising a family it was tough to make Cleveland but did watch as much as possible on tv. These last few years our family have not missed going to Cleveland and the memories will last a lifetime. Especially when both men and women won the MAC and celebrating with fans, players, coaches and all the UB supporters. It is great when you have both the time and money to make events like this. Go Bulls!!!!!

11 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:
On 3/1/2019 at 8:48 AM, BrooklynBull said:

Why I never go to Cleveland.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? You? I’m so confused.

Cleveland is not an easy trip, long drive or flying in.  Think back two years ago, UB lost Thursday night.  There is only so much of the Rock and Roll Hall fame to do in two days or to pay a fortune to change flight s back to New York.

EMU and Akron are the two teams I’d prefer to stay away from in cleveland. I know there are better teams to worry about but they’re the only ones whose defense can really slow down the game for us. If we have a bad shooting night and can’t get out in transition we can be beaten.

18 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Cleveland is not an easy trip, long drive or flying in.  Think back two years ago, UB lost Thursday night.  There is only so much of the Rock and Roll Hall fame to do in two days or to pay a fortune to change flight s back to New York.

Actually I got R/T fares from Boston to CLE for $100. My airport parking at Logan will cost more than my flight to CLE.  Also got a nice deal on a rental car and hotel by the airport.

16 hours ago, BasketBull said:

EMU and Akron are the two teams I’d prefer to stay away from in cleveland. I know there are better teams to worry about but they’re the only ones whose defense can really slow down the game for us. If we have a bad shooting night and can’t get out in transition we can be beaten.

Completely agree 100%. I’d like to avoid playing Akron specifically. They match up well with us defensively and have been a hassle to play both times 

Does anyone know what time the 1 seed plays on Thursday now that UB has it locked up? I’m assuming it would be the late game but I can’t find any information on it.

edit: I see that last year we played at noon as the 1 seed

Edited by UB05

The #1 seed plays the early set of games to afford them the most rest leading into the championship game.

UB will play at Noon on Thursday against the winner of the 8/9 seed game (as of today - NIU/Miami).  The winner advances to play the winner of the 5/12 vs. 4 seed (as of today - CMU/WMU vs. Kent) at 630 on Friday.  Championship is at 730 Saturday.

D08WeN2WwAEnPFd.jpeg.c974192eaf86b1c487ea4b69eb2a475c.jpeg

2019-03-06 10_01_25-.png

Edited by ubxcretired
  • Like 1

I think we got the tougher side of the bracket. Akron is really good defensively and if they hit 3s (which they take a ton of) they can keep it close. Miami is solid defensively too and has played us tough. CMU may be the hottest team besides us and Toledo right now. Kent is Kent. We are gonna earn this championship.

2 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

I always thought it would be cool if after the first round of campus games the top seed could pick who they play, then 2nd seed chooses, etc..  kinda like a red rover, red rover like situation, then the bracket is set.  Would make for good TV and some motivational bulletin boards.

I just think it should reseed after campus games. That's my only change that teams who earned top seeds deserve. 

18 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Wofford wins their QF game by 29. We need to start building momentum toward Saturday and beyond!

Who cares about Wofford? We just need to take care of our business. What Wofford does doesn't affect us much at all. They are having a great season, that's awesome for them.

I don't see us losing any of the next 3, so the seedings will just fall where they fall. At 31-3, there's not much more they could've done this season, no matter how people will knock them on this board for one subpar game against NIU, or a loss at a (then) hot BG & Marquette. If that's not good enough for people, then tough luck. I'll sure as heck take 31 wins prior to NCAAs, this year or any upcoming year!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Who cares about Wofford? We just need to take care of our business. What Wofford does doesn't affect us much at all. They are having a great season, that's awesome for them.

I don't see us losing any of the next 3, so the seedings will just fall where they fall. At 31-3, there's not much more they could've done this season, no matter how people will knock them on this board for one subpar game against NIU, or a loss at a (then) hot BG & Marquette. If that's not good enough for people, then tough luck. I'll sure as heck take 31 wins prior to NCAAs, this year or any upcoming year!

Of course this season is incredible. Can’t I hope for the team to play to their potential and get some blowouts in Cleveland?

14 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Of course this season is incredible. Can’t I hope for the team to play to their potential and get some blowouts in Cleveland?

Well, obviously we all would love 9 blowouts at this point. At the same time, I'd gladly settle for 9 nail biters where UB ends up with more than their opponent. They all count the same. If they play like they did prior to BG's first timeout yesterday, they would blow anyone out! Man, they were fired up.

• Like 1