Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Men's Seeding in Cleveland

BrooklynBull

37 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Yeah, 9 wins in a row, including 5 double digit wins, isn't good enough for some people around here.

Moving forward in tourney play: winning by 1 is plenty, it’s all that matters. Winning by 15 is more fun and is a reflection of the caliber of team we have this year. I’m happy with both, I’d rather have the 15. I’m not sure how that’s a controversial stance lol

6 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Moving forward in tourney play: winning by 1 is plenty, it’s all that matters. Winning by 15 is more fun and is a reflection of the caliber of team we have this year. I’m happy with both, I’d rather have the 15. I’m not sure how that’s a controversial stance lol

I agree with that statement. I wasn't necessarily referencing you with my comment, just making a blanket statement for some on here. If at the outset of the season, we could've been asked if we would've been happy being 28-3/16-2, healthy entering the post-season, and being ranked every week for the last 4 months, every person with any association with UB would've signed up for it in a heartbeat,  even without knowing how much any of those game would've been won (even though this UB team won by double digits in 18 games).

Edited by skrabukes

I am ecstatic with the season even with the ugly/sloppy play at times. While that is so I still get upset with stupid play, dumb turnovers, less than 100% effort, taking bad shots, not passing to the open man, not blocking out, not crashing the boards etc. No matter how good or successful you are you must always strive to improve and have to guard against complacency/developing bad habits because if you don’t you can regress or allow others to pass you by. I know each and everyone here is on the same page here no matter your individual approach, GO BULLS!!! Let’s kick some butt in Cleveland!

Edited by UB85
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, UB85 said:

I am ecstatic with the season even with the ugly/sloppy play at times. While that is so I still get upset with stupid play, dumb turnovers, less than 100% effort, taking bad shots, not passing to the open man, not blocking out, not crashing the boards etc. No matter how good or successful you are you must always strive to improve and have to guard against complacency/developing bad habits because if you don’t you can regress or allow others to pass you by. I know each and everyone here is on the same page here no matter your individual approach, GO BULLS!!! Let’s kick some butt in Cleveland!

Of course, we all want to strive, and that is the coaches and players job to keep pushing for it. Additionally, no team in the country goes stretches or games without "stupid play, dumb turnovers, less than 100% effort, taking bad shots, not passing to the open man, not blocking out, not crashing the boards etc.". Obviously we hope that our stretches are kept to the minimum and the fact that it is "go-time" now allows the guys to really play with a higher sense of urgency, much as they've shown at times during the season. It's hard to have all five guys on the floor be 100% "on" for every single second during a 40 minute game, and it would be irresponsible for us to think that it's possible to play as such. I love when Nate gets all over the guys for doing (or not doing) those things that you stated above. He holds the players accountable for mental/effort errors, not for missed shots. He's a tremendous coach. He's a teacher. He's everything I'd want in my coach.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Of course, we all want to strive, and that is the coaches and players job to keep pushing for it. Additionally, no team in the country goes stretches or games without "stupid play, dumb turnovers, less than 100% effort, taking bad shots, not passing to the open man, not blocking out, not crashing the boards etc.". Obviously we hope that our stretches are kept to the minimum and the fact that it is "go-time" now allows the guys to really play with a higher sense of urgency, much as they've shown at times during the season. It's hard to have all five guys on the floor be 100% "on" for every single second during a 40 minute game, and it would be irresponsible for us to think that it's possible to play as such. I love when Nate gets all over the guys for doing (or not doing) those things that you stated above. He holds the players accountable for mental/effort errors, not for missed shots. He's a tremendous coach. He's a teacher. He's everything I'd want in my coach.

Now you know why I love Nate. We think alike when it comes to basketball. We see the same things. His approach to the game is what I was taught when I was going to overnight basketball camps at Canisius back in the early 70s as the way the game is meant to be played. It’s all about the team. Nate cleared out the me first knuckleheads that Hurley had on the team. That’s why the present version of UB  basketball is such a treat to behold. GO BULLS!!! Kick butt in Cleveland!!

Edited by UB85
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, skrabukes said:

I agree with that statement. I wasn't necessarily referencing you with my comment, just making a blanket statement for some on here. If at the outset of the season, we could've been asked if we would've been happy being 28-3/16-2, healthy entering the post-season, and being ranked every week for the last 4 months, every person with any association with UB would've signed up for it in a heartbeat,  even without knowing how much any of those game would've been won (even though this UB team won by double digits in 18 games).

Its definitely true. Happened to the football team too. People with the high expectations, actually start having less fun following the program! I noticed it more this year than ever.

Even with the drop off in play at times I never lost sight of how truly amazing this season has been. Like being ranked still hasn't really sunk in. Maybe its following the team for 2 decades you appreciate this stuff more, or at least you should. Even really really good mid major teams never get ranked. Never thought it would happen to us. Not even just being ranked. I would have taken #25 for one week then not ranked again. I would have never forgotten that. But to be all the way to 14, and ranked all year has just been unforgettable. Also beating SYR on the road? Year was great before Xmas break. Excited to see how we finish the year now.

• Like 4