Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Rooting interest final weeks

So for UB to get the best seed possible going into the tourney, teams to watch:

please add, there’s probably dozens 

Wisconsin.  They have Penn St today and also Iowa at home coming up.  A home loss in either would be great.  An early B1G tourney exit as well.

Kansas St.  please lose at home to Baylor today.  Hell, lose out!

Florida St. Two home games coming up as well (NCSt today).  Getting upset in either would be nice but maybe better, a loss at Wake who is god awful and early ACC tourney exit.

Maryland.  My gut says they lose at home to Mich on Sunday and are less of a threat but still need to root for that loss and no B1G tourney run there either.

Miss St.  tough road week for them, hope they don’t pull any upsets.  Then finish with TA&M at home.  A loss there next Saturday would be nice.

LSU, Cincinnati, Wofford, LSU, Auburn, Iowa ST, Louisville, Nevada are all on my radar.  The B1G and B12 tournaments in particular will definitely have a huge impact on weather UB is a 4 or a 7.  Love this time of year.  

1 hour ago, hurley said:

16 in net, 9 in RPI, 16 in Kenpom. 21 in AP poll.  If we win out and don’t get a at least 5 we’d be getting totally screwed. 

Just a great time of the year and for us to be in all the conversations. As they say “This is the best of times.” Glo Bulls!!!!

1 hour ago, hurley said:

16 in net, 9 in RPI, 16 in Kenpom. 21 in AP poll.  If we win out and don’t get a at least 5 we’d be getting totally screwed. 

I agree with you and I don’t.  This is a strange year for trying to rank the field.  Almost every midmajor low major conference is down, outside a few teams (Zags, Nevada, UB, Wofford, Furman).  We are looking at only the top 7 conferences getting multiple bids.  Now those top 7 conferences don’t play anyone else when they can avoid it, or at least limit that exposure, so now when the seeding committee is looking at SOS, the Nevada’s, UBs and Woffords of the world can get buried because those conference tourneys are now all neutral court Q1 games.  A team looking at a 7 seed from the ACC, B1G, BE, etc can make a conference tourney run and find themselves suddenly a 3 seed.  Until the NCAA steps in and forces those teams to play OOC road games, this will always be the case.  So we need there to be no surprises.  if UB does get screwed on its seed, It will be fun to hear some P5 coach whine that they have to play US.  “Not fair!  How was a 30 win team a 6 seed?”... Because you had no business being a 3 dumbass....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hurley said:

Agreed. I said it before...if we win out and enter the tourney at 31-3 as MAC regular season and tournament champs we can be rewarded with as high as a 4 seed IF the committee rewards us. Realistically if we win out we SHOULD be a 5. If we lose one more game I can’t see us dropping lower than an 8-9 (which are basically the same). But something tells me we are going to be a 6 or 7 seed. 

Off topic a bit but anyone know if UB gets a bigger piece of the revenue dollars if they go deep into the tourney. For example, if they make it to the sweet 16 can they make a profit so that it can be used to elevate the basketball program even more. Maybe use it to pay Oats, better travel etc.

Slightly off topic and a rant/vent by me but why is Wofford all of a sudden a thing??? I’m seeing them seeded 8th or higher. How!!!! Sure they went undefeated in conference play but they have literally beat nobody. They played high major teams in the non conference but lost those games. They have Q1 wins only bc the next 3 teams after them in their conference have lofty records. Teams like Furman, ETSU and UNC Greensboro.  The latter two have beat nobody. It’s like Wofford is getting credit for losing to high majors. Wofford’s best win is against Furman, twice. Furman’s best win is against Nova. I get that Wofford is undefeated in conference and I respect that they are ranked, but an 8 seed!? Gotta be kidding me. To me our body of work is more impressive and we are barely a 7 seed. 

46 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Slightly off topic and a rant/vent by me but why is Wofford all of a sudden a thing??? I’m seeing them seeded 8th or higher. How!!!! Sure they went undefeated in conference play but they have literally beat nobody. They played high major teams in the non conference but lost those games. They have Q1 wins only bc the next 3 teams after them in their conference have lofty records. Teams like Furman, ETSU and UNC Greensboro.  The latter two have beat nobody. It’s like Wofford is getting credit for losing to high majors. Wofford’s best win is against Furman, twice. Furman’s best win is against Nova. I get that Wofford is undefeated in conference and I respect that they are ranked, but an 8 seed!? Gotta be kidding me. To me our body of work is more impressive and we are barely a 7 seed. 

They win every game by 30 lol

As much as I want to give the current students a hard time for not getting rowdy I can see how it’s not always easy when you don’t face much adversity. We’ve been pretty spoiled at home thus far and I hope it continues. I know in my day (I feel old) we yelled our heads off all game but at the same time we were commonly the underdog trying to either edge out a win or slay a giant. We no longer get home games against giants and have been lucky enough to go most home games with little to adversity against teams we are expected to beat. When we have needed crowd support we’ve gotten it but we’ve been lucky enough to not really need it. The tourney will be a grind and I expect us as a fan base to do our part.

1 hour ago, UB_Prush said:

As much as I want to give the current students a hard time for not getting rowdy I can see how it’s not always easy when you don’t face much adversity. We’ve been pretty spoiled at home thus far and I hope it continues. I know in my day (I feel old) we yelled our heads off all game but at the same time we were commonly the underdog trying to either edge out a win or slay a giant. We no longer get home games against giants and have been lucky enough to go most home games with little to adversity against teams we are expected to beat. When we have needed crowd support we’ve gotten it but we’ve been lucky enough to not really need it. The tourney will be a grind and I expect us as a fan base to do our part.

I mean it may not be the kind of giant you’re talking about but BG coming to AA last game of the regular season is freakin huge. I hope the general population of students understands the gravity of it. Hopefully we can take care of a resurging Ohio team and it won’t matter for MAC tourney implications but it would still be huge 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 2:48 AM, weareub46 said:

I mean it may not be the kind of giant you’re talking about but BG coming to AA last game of the regular season is freakin huge. I hope the general population of students understands the gravity of it. Hopefully we can take care of a resurging Ohio team and it won’t matter for MAC tourney implications but it would still be huge 

This is a real good point.  We need the students that are on this board to make sure that ALL students are loud and rowdy this Friday night.  It's a huge game and we need AA rockin. 

I’ll reiterate the students at Utah State we’re going bonkers all night long Saturday. They played a huge factor in their win over Nevada. As good as the student section is at times I see them sitting when they should be standing applauding and making noise. As for the BG game I’m expecting almost 7k in the Arena. The game has been sold out in fact over sold for a few weeks. 

20 minutes ago, UB85 said:

I’ll reiterate the students at Utah State we’re going bonkers all night long Saturday. They played a huge factor in their win over Nevada. As good as the student section is at times I see them sitting when they should be standing applauding and making noise. As for the BG game I’m expecting almost 7k in the Arena. The game has been sold out in fact over sold for a few weeks. 

What's the maximum capacity including standing room anyway? 

4 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

This is a real good point.  We need the students that are on this board to make sure that ALL students are loud and rowdy this Friday night.  It's a huge game and we need AA rockin. 

Students that are on this board! Can you get more students to come out to the women’s game against BG on Wed???Does peer pressure work any more or was that just in the old days??? Go Bulls!!!

1 hour ago, rma said:

Around what we had for Kent State.  Ticket window had sold out sign.

Who enforces the capacity (including SR)? That Kent game was crazy packed in like sardines. Reminded me of games I went to in high school. Love that it’s packed, but I’m hoping that whatever the fire code max is, that its strictly enforced.