Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

Jeseph

1 hour ago, 121Merrimac said:

But, I don’t want a weak MAC east... ☹️

Lol.  I want whatever gets us in the tourney every year.  Especially after our 5 seniors are gone.  Next year we will take a step back, how big a step depends on the talent we have coming in and how they all gel with each other.

• Like 1

MAC East took a bit hit today, and probably going forward. 

Even on a down year, UB should still be the king. 

Jordan, Graves, A. Johnson, J. Williams, and A. Allen are a mighty decent starting 5.

Grant, Rojas, Segu, N. Williams, Caldwell, and Hawkins (hopefully) are another decent starting 5 that will be in backup roles

The team will be very talented. 

Edited by Kevin
  • Like 1

Definitely going to miss the current crop of seniors but kind of excited to see what Graves looks like when its his team. Jordan should be a good leader as well and expected to do more defensively.

The JUCO players we generally get have great impacts immediately so I expect nothing less there.

To me Williams is kind of the biggest Xfactor. Obviously we know his recruiting expectations. Can he really start to break out next year? This year we saw his raw potential but it was just that, raw.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Ohio losing another player.

This Ohio job for Boals went from reload to complete rebuild in no time. Carter and Kirk were guys that could make them competitive under the right leadership next year. Now they’ll likely be even worse than they were this year.

19 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

This Ohio job for Boals went from reload to complete rebuild in no time. Carter and Kirk were guys that could make them competitive under the right leadership next year. Now they’ll likely be even worse than they were this year.

No doubt they become a bottom team next year. This rebuild could take 3 to 4 years. But the transfer market is deep. That could be their quickest way back.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

This handle was on the money with the SJU Mullin stuff. This bombshell directly impacts us.

That's really unfortunate for EMU.  They could go back to being old EMU if they can't get somebody good in.

On 3/22/2019 at 3:04 PM, DooleyBull06 said:

No doubt they become a bottom team next year. This rebuild could take 3 to 4 years. But the transfer market is deep. That could be their quickest way back.

I doubt it'll be a 3-4 year rebuild for for the Bobcats. Boals is already bringing talented recruits into Athens for campus visits. They'll most likely have a down year once again next year but shouldn't be in the cellar for too long. There's a ton of talent in Ohio and Boals is hitting the Columbus area hard. They should return to normal within 2-3 years.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

46 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Ohio just got a Verbal from a 3 ️ 6’4 SG. Marvin Price, turned down some pretty enticing P5 schools. Hopefully UB is putting work in and that’s why we haven’t been hearing any recent updates 

260FCA70-FEC3-4FD7-9C6A-027A6FDCA778.png

I saw this earlier too. Completely baffled as to how this came about. Was he being recruited by Beals while he was at Stony? Bc if not that means they jumped in on him and sealed the deal in less than a month.

54 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I saw this earlier too. Completely baffled as to how this came about. Was he being recruited by Beals while he was at Stony? Bc if not that means they jumped in on him and sealed the deal in less than a month.

He had to have been because I’m not sure how a rebuilding Ohio team could seal the deal like that. Especially for a very college ready looking player. Good signing for them

One thing to keep in mind is that just because they received high major offers at some point doesn't meet they really have the opportunity there.  All of the high major offers were from 2017 or earlier except for Boston College.  Schools get in early on kids they see potential in but a lot can change in 2+ years.

4 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

One thing to keep in mind is that just because they received high major offers at some point doesn't meet they really have the opportunity there.  All of the high major offers were from 2017 or earlier except for Boston College.  Schools get in early on kids they see potential in but a lot can change in 2+ years.

Completely agree, I think personally though it’s just a reflection of the quality of player he is. I can fully expect to be frustrated by him in future years lol

Ohio’s recruit is a 2 ️ typical MAC recruit with offers from other MAC schools, Akron’s transfer is also a 2 ️ that averaged 12.4 minutes, 2.5 ppg and 1.6 rpg at Iowa. Nothing crazy but I’m slightly jealous that they have a recruiting class to talk about meanwhile we are in the dark 

2B88A8A5-2DCD-48CD-B504-B00FC42CC5DC.jpeg

20C5E960-1B29-4873-B4F5-7C6AD60B53F1.jpeg

I’d probably recheck your information on Ohio commit Ben Roderick. 247 has him as their 167th best prospect in the country (composite rankings) and the 5th best player in Ohio.

He was getting looked at by Xavier, Butler and Ohio State but didn’t receive any offers from them. He’s listed as a 3 star recruit who’s coming off a season in which he averaged 27.5 points per game in Columbus on his way to being named the Gatorade Ohio Player of the Year.

247 Recruiting Rankings

Then they have him listed at 222nd in the nation on his recruiting page. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Ben-Roderick-46038554/

That’s two top 250 players committing to the Bobcats in a pair of days. There’s quality players available. Buffalo needs to go find them.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

Ohio just lost two players who are top quality transfers themselves. So the way I see it is this just replaces them. Either way quality gets for Boals. Already hitting the ground running. Could be a team to fear in the coming years. Their outlook has been accelerated no doubt. But then again if Boals wins right away he’ll be gone. #midmajorlife

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

I’d probably recheck your information on Ohio commit Ben Roderick. 247 has him as their 167th best prospect in the country (composite rankings) and the 5th best player in Ohio.

He was getting looked at by Xavier, Butler and Ohio State but didn’t receive any offers from them. He’s listed as a 3 star recruit who’s coming off a season in which he averaged 27.5 points per game in Columbus on his way to being named the Gatorade Ohio Player of the Year.

247 Recruiting Rankings

Then they have him listed at 222nd in the nation on his recruiting page. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Ben-Roderick-46038554/

That’s two top 250 players committing to the Bobcats in a pair of days. There’s quality players available. Buffalo needs to go find them.

I trust verbal commits more with their info. He’s listed as a 2 star there. Often players will say they were offered a scholarship when a team merely shows interest in them but have not actually offered a scholarship. Verbal Commits lists the schools that have actually offered, not just shown interest

Regardless, still a good signing for Ohio. Continued radio silence from UB, it’s getting concerning considering it would seem we haven’t even offered any scholarships.

Concerning to say the least

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 961819 said:

I trust verbal commits more with their info. He’s listed as a 2 star there.

I find they're better for offers but I don't really look at their rankings, they're hardly ever updated.  Compare the position rankings listed on their site vs when you go to the ESPN link.  On a quick glance Jeenathan's, Rondo's, and Hawkins' are all off.  Their rivals and scout recruiting links don't even link to valid URLs.

• Like 1