Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

Jeseph

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

Ball State looking like the far better team in the first half at Toledo...

Looks like the Bulls set another trap.  How many opponents have lost their game prior to facing Buffalo this year?

edit: fewer than I thought.  I’d say Syracuse and the Southern Illinois/ Murry St game... can’t count their Kentucky loss. 

Edited by 121Merrimac
Answering my own question

Credit Ball State’s defense in this one. But Toledo’s defense is atrocious. Ball St has been able to dribble drive at will. My fear is not that we can’t score on them but will our defense play well. Remember last years regular season game. But after watching this the blueprint is simple...Dontay and Davonta go get em.

Edited by DooleyBull06

4 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Honestly both teams look a lot like they did last year. Talented but stiff. I don't see either of these teams running with the Bulls well. They'll have to have a good day shooting the ball. 

I definitely think we are more athletic and have better foot speed than both teams

7 hours ago, Jeseph said:

I actually think Central gets exposed after playing one of the softest schedules in the country.

Im curious to see which Ohio team shows up to start MAC play and see if Kent makes a statement as the 2nd/3rd best team in the conference

Ohio lost an ugly one this afternoon against NIU. The Bobcats jumped out to a quick start but faded in the second half. Were awful from the line (11-25). 

IMO, they won't be much of a threat. 

Kent State is off to a slow start tonight vs. Bowling Green. CMU picked up a nice win at Miami. Plus, Akron looks better than expected.

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger

1 hour ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Ohio lost an ugly one this afternoon against NIU. The Bobcats jumped out to a quick start but faded in the second half. Were awful from the line (11-25). 

IMO, they won't be much of a threat. 

Kent State is off to a slow start tonight vs. Bowling Green. CMU picked up a nice win at Miami. Plus, Akron looks better than expected.

Kent looks terrible. That's interesting.

Akron's been pretty bad too. The 8 point home win against the last ranked WMU isn't much to me. 

Ball State might have just taken over as the team to beat. 

• Like 1

The rest of the MAC is going to beat up on each other just as they did last year. I think there is less separation between the 2nd best team and the 9th best team than there’s ever been. 

Who could have predicted that 4 teams would be 2-0 and three of them would be NIU, CMU, and BGSU?

I dont see another team being within 3 games of UB at the end of conference play.