Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

Jeseph

1 hour ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

They've been on a nice 3 game run since we blew them out. Beat BG, took Kent to the wire @Kent, and the big win today. We better not take them lightly on Tuesday.

I am sure Nate and staff will let the team know what Ohio has done lately. The players need to throw the records out and play 40 minutes of UB basketball.Has anyone heard on CJ is with his ankle?? Go Bulls!!!!!

9 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Ohio fans laying down the gauntlet. http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPage=1&ForumPID=1&PID=276966

im sure their players are feeling a renewed sense of belief and confidence too. It’ll be important to get all over them on defense again. 

Isn’t that the fun part of college basketball talking up your team and the  rivalries between teams. I still remember the Ohio win against us in Cleveland when we were up by 20. If we come to play I am confident we will be victorious. Go Bulls!!!!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, John said:

Isn’t that the fun part of college basketball talking up your team and the  rivalries between teams. I still remember the Ohio win against us in Cleveland when we were up by 20. If we come to play I am confident we will be victorious. Go Bulls!!!!!

It’s that time of year where one well timed winning streak can take you places. So even garbage teams have hope. 

I lived the Ohio comeback and bc of that I wanna wipe the floor with them at every opportunity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillenniumBull said:

I want nothing more then to embarrass them at every opportunity.  I and every mighty maniac hate OU.  I’m subconsciously rude to people  that even wear forest green.  It’s bad.

That game is when I first soured on Reggie’s coaching.  I’ll never forget it. He didn’t call a single time out as Ohio mowed through our 20 pt lead. Consequently Ohio got the momentum and never relinquished it. If you noticed in the Akron game last Tuesday we threatened to run away with it the second half with Graves break away dunk and another play. Groce quickly called a time out each time. That stemmed the momentum we would have otherwise had. For me that is coaching 101. 

Edited by UB85

Anecdotal, but I do remember Reggie being slow to call a timeout when we clearly needed one. Yeah, in hindsight it looks bad, but everything went wrong there, including Cage going from 4-4 in the first half to 0-4 or whatever the stat was from 3 in the second. I hated Ohio then for many reasons aside from just that night, but I have more feelings toward  Akron and even the fans at St Bonaventure who still live in the 1960's at this point.

With that said, I hope we crush them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UB_Prush said:

Anecdotal, but I do remember Reggie being slow to call a timeout when we clearly needed one. Yeah, in hindsight it looks bad, but everything went wrong there, including Cage going from 4-4 in the first half to 0-4 or whatever the stat was from 3 in the second. I hated Ohio then for many reasons aside from just that night, but I have more feelings toward  Akron and even the fans at St Bonaventure who still live in the 1960's at this point.

With that said, I hope we crush them. 

Aside from Bortz getting called for the outlandish T and the winning shot all I remember is yelling at Reggie through the tv to call a time out and being pissed that he didn’t. That game was a huge bummer. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

It’s that time of year where one well timed winning streak can take you places. So even garbage teams have hope. 

I lived the Ohio comeback and bc of that I wanna wipe the floor with them at every opportunity.

Oh man, I'll never forget that last second foul when Ibihi was pulled from behind and the refs didn't call it. That cost us an NCAA berth... I will forever distain Ohio because of that

8 minutes ago, ubmae86 said:

Oh man, I'll never forget that last second foul when Ibihi was pulled from behind and the refs didn't call it. That cost us an NCAA berth... I will forever distain Ohio because of that

Well, in hindsight, maybe UB basketball would've forever been changed...maybe Reggie doesn't get fired and Bobby/Nate brought in, and we wouldn't be where we are. It sucked losing that game, up 4 in the final minute, Idbihi corner 3 at the end of regulation, put back by Williams at the buzzer. Oh well, can't change the past. We're better off now and loving the current moment!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Well, in hindsight, maybe UB basketball would've forever been changed...maybe Reggie doesn't get fired and Bobby/Nate brought in, and we wouldn't be where we are. It sucked losing that game, up 4 in the final minute, Idbihi corner 3 at the end of regulation, put back by Williams at the buzzer. Oh well, can't change the past. We're better off now and loving the current moment!

I was thinking the same thing. We probably are better off the way it worked out. We could still be spinning our wheels like Canisius will continue to do until they wise up. 

9 hours ago, UB85 said:

Aside from Bortz getting called for the outlandish T and the winning shot all I remember is yelling at Reggie through the tv to call a time out and being pissed that he didn’t. That game was a huge bummer. 

Bringing that game up again bring back memories that are the worst. Yes agree with a lot of the comments that there were other factors in that game that could of changed the outcome but if you are a good game time coach you can control when you call timeouts and how you communicate to the players. We could go on and on about Reggie but sometimes things change for the best. The memories we have had with both the men and women these last few years has just been unbelievable and unprecedented with more to come. Go Bulls!!!!!

21 minutes ago, BullsFan14 said:

Lol. You are all worried about Ohio? We are going to destroy them. We aren't the underdog no more. Let them get excited.

I am on the hating Ohio train too. They are the worst. Which will make this game more fun to watch them get destroyed

I am all for being optimistic, but we've shown, ala Northern Illinois that we can get really lazy and let other teams push us around. We just need to be sharp

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 8:00 PM, UB85 said:

Ohio fans laying down the gauntlet. http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPage=1&ForumPID=1&PID=276966

im sure their players are feeling a renewed sense of belief and confidence too. It’ll be important to get all over them on defense again. 

Just to be upfront with everyone on here, I graduated from Ohio University in 2013.

I grew up a big UB fan and was devastated when the Bobcats came back to defeat the Bulls in the 2005 MAC Championship.

I support both programs equally and remain neutral when they take on one another. The one thing I will say about Ohio fans, none of them actually think they have a shot vs. Buffalo on Tuesday.

They're having an abysmal season, only recently putting together a few solid games against Bowling Green and Akron. Most of their fanbase is currently fighting between wanting Saul Phillips fired and sticking up for him as a person.

They might have a good atmosphere at the Convocation Center on Tuesday due to hosting a ranked opponent but they don't really stand much of a chance against UB.

16 hours ago, pottier25 said:

I was at that game and I remember him not calling a timeout for much too long. I did however forget we were up 20. In game coaching was not a strong point for Reggie. 

Yup. We all remember the end (having the center take the last shot in regulation of a tied game, when we had battle and cage on the team), but we tend to forget we lost a 19 point lead in like 5 minutes. Killer. 

8 hours ago, Big 4 Hoops Blogger said:

Just to be upfront with everyone on here, I graduated from Ohio University in 2013.

I grew up a big UB fan and was devastated when the Bobcats came back to defeat the Bulls in the 2005 MAC Championship.

I support both programs equally and remain neutral when they take on one another. The one thing I will say about Ohio fans, none of them actually think they have a shot vs. Buffalo on Tuesday.

They're having an abysmal season, only recently putting together a few solid games against Bowling Green and Akron. Most of their fanbase is currently fighting between wanting Saul Phillips fired and sticking up for him as a person.

They might have a good atmosphere at the Convocation Center on Tuesday due to hosting a ranked opponent but they don't really stand much of a chance against UB.

Your dead to me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ed said:

Yup. We all remember the end (having the center take the last shot in regulation of a tied game, when we had battle and cage on the team), but we tend to forget we lost a 19 point lead in like 5 minutes. Killer. 

Even with them blowing the lead, UB still deserved to be an at-large team that year. I remember seeing Dick Vitale enraged that the Bulls didn't make it.