Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Around the MAC

Jeseph

2 hours ago, BasketBull said:

The rest of the MAC is going to beat up on each other just as they did last year. I think there is less separation between the 2nd best team and the 9th best team than there’s ever been. 

Who could have predicted that 4 teams would be 2-0 and three of them would be NIU, CMU, and BGSU?

I dont see another team being within 3 games of UB at the end of conference play.

Agreed. 16-2 for UB

11-7/10-8 for the rest of the teams

MAYBE one of the team emerges as the #2, but not two games in they haven't. 

I couldn't even tell you who number 2 will be? Maybe Kent/Ball emerges? Possible that 2-9 just stays in that 11-7 range.

Edited by Kevin

Every night out it seems like you're gonna get rock fights. Its survive and advance mode for every team but us and its only January.  We just gotta take care of business and avoid playing down to our competition or just thinking we can show up and be handed a win. I see teams that can give us a challenge but I don't see a team that is top to bottom better than us.  Lets keep building and dominate.  We don't wanna peak now but its hard not to be on such a high after last night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

BGSU is rolling right now. Tough stretch of games coming up. How long can we keep this streak alive?

At this point we gotta hope BGSU keeps winning so that when we play them it will be a good road win.

As for us...4 games in 11 days.  3 of those 4 on the road.  Capped by that matchup against BGSU.  Very difficult stretch that will test our endurance and depth.  Hopefully we can get some big leads so that the minutes can be spread out. Bright side is after this stretch we get like a week off.  That will be huge for rest and practice purposes.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

BG cruises at WMU

Toledo gets through defense of Akron (who can’t score)

Kent wins another one in final 30 seconds

Kent is now 8-0 in 5 points games or less, including that ridiculous win over Ball State by Avery chucking it off the backboard, getting it back and laying it in, with 3 seconds left in OT down 1. 

Kent isn't as good as their 6-3 shows, Ball State MAY NOT be as bad as that 3-7 shows. 

NIU is 5-5 now after blowing it to Ball State, they are now 2-5 and had no one in their gym tonight. That was a brutal loss by UB.

However, NIU lost by fouling the inbound player with 3 second left, exactly what Buffalo was trying to avoid in their NIU loss, but let the big man sneak by.

Edited by Kevin

The MAC has three of the luckiest teams in the country.

Kent State - 2nd ranked

Ohio - 13th ranked

Toledo - 38th Ranked

This is a KenPom stat to show how lucky a team is and how they aren't as good as their record shows and will historically have a dip. 

That's funny because Ohio is already 3-6 and 11-10 but their efficiencies are terrible. One of the worst offensive teams in the country. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

The MAC has three of the luckiest teams in the country.

Kent State - 2nd ranked

Ohio - 13th ranked

Toledo - 38th Ranked

This is a KenPom stat to show how lucky a team is and how they aren't as good as their record shows and will historically have a dip. 

That's funny because Ohio is already 3-6 and 11-10 but their efficiencies are terrible. One of the worst offensive teams in the country. 

tldr; Ohio is funny. 

6 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Toledo wins at BG

78-71 rockets. Only watched the second half. Sanford has a nice last 6 minutes or so. He started 2-10 from the field and finished 5-15. Toledo did a nice job on defense. Held BG to 18% shooting from 3 and 39% overall. They won despite 18 turnovers. I think BG has now lost 2 of 3 after beating us. The lesson for UB DO NOT turn it over against Toledo and we should win again. Big week ahead with two more road games. The zippies are playing better coming off their pasting of Kent and believe they can beat anyone. Time to gum up the zippers and return them to their also ran status of the last five years. 

9 hours ago, weareub46 said:

BG plays at NIU tomorrow(today). I’m assuming we are rooting for NIU. I wonder if they could work their way back into a Q2 loss instead of the q3 it is right now but they’ve been on a pretty bad slide lately. It would also put us alone up top of the MAC I think too 

I believe German was arrested for driving with a suspended license and was suspended from the team because of this and other issues. So don’t expect NIU to do much of anything. 

7 minutes ago, UB85 said:

I believe German was arrested for driving with a suspended license and was suspended from the team because of this and other issues. So don’t expect NIU to do much of anything. 

Sounds like a heck of a guy. 

It doesn't matter what else happens in the MAC. We control our own destiny. We'll finish 16-2 and no one else will have more than 14 wins. Take care of ourselves and that's all that matters at this point.

11 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Sounds like a heck of a guy. 

It doesn't matter what else happens in the MAC. We control our own destiny. We'll finish 16-2 and no one else will have more than 14 wins. Take care of ourselves and that's all that matters at this point.

You must have been reading my posts. One day at a time! One game at a time. Focus on the details. Ignore the hype. Stay as healthy and rested as possible. And good things will happen! Go Bulls!

Thought it would be interesting to watch BGSU v NIU, the two teams that have defeated the Bulls in conference this season. Bowling Green got an early double-digit lead and never gave it up. Red-hot shooting.  This team is legit, very impressive.

In spite of his legal problems, German was allowed to start for NIU. He had just 2 first half points, the rest coming after the game had long been decided. T’d up early in the second half and sat for about 5 minutes. Body language of NIU seemed as though they weren’t really into it. Hard to believe UB has lost in Dekalb twice in the last two seasons.

35 minutes ago, sportscliche said:

Thought it would be interesting to watch BGSU v NIU, the two teams that have defeated the Bulls in conference this season. Bowling Green got an early double-digit lead and never gave it up. Red-hot shooting.  This team is legit, very impressive.

In spite of his legal problems, German was allowed to start for NIU. He had just 2 first half points, the rest coming after the game had long been decided. T’d up early in the second half and sat for about 5 minutes. Body language of NIU seemed as though they weren’t really into it. Hard to believe UB has lost in Dekalb twice in the last two seasons.

Still hard to swallow the loss at NIU. We did not come to play in all facets of the game. Three players with 4/5 fouls, only shot 36% from field, lost the rebounding battle, NIU shot 50% from field and bad defense on last second shot by NIU, Caruthers 0-9 from field all spells defeat. On to bigger and better things and results. Go Bulls!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Final 73-49 Ohio. I never would have believed it if I didn’t see it with my own eyes. Ohio played the part of UB and Akron the role of Ohio in UB’s 114-67 smack down of Ohio. Ohio did a superb job moving the ball, being patient and getting the ball to the open man for good shots including some back door opportunities. Akron likes to get into the lane and pass in the interior. Ohio did a great job collapsing on defense on the penetration dribble and got numerouus steals. 

No easy games in the MAC unless you come ready to play and play well