Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

#19 UB @ Ohio (3/5 - 7 pm EST)

Kevin

9 hours ago, sportscliche said:

I took a look at Wofford. Their losses were to UNC, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Mississippi St. There have been some nail biters in conference: 4 points over Mercer, 5 points over Furman, 1 point over Samford, and 2 points over ETSU.

So 4 out of 18? And losing none of them? We’d played many close games, losing 2 of them. Including two bad games against WMU and Ohio, the bottom of our conference. 

I give credit that Wofford has rolled its competition in conference play. I don’t give them credit for losing 4 games against ranked teams. I’m sorry you don’t get credit for losing. 

But what bothers me most is this notion that the SoCon is a good league. 4 out of 10 teams over .500. A very top heavy league that feasted off bad teams in it. Therefore road wins against ETSU became Q1 wins. Meanwhile ETSU has beaten no one. It’s misleading. I think the Mac is deeper and better top to bottom. The SoCon was a joke. As evident by a team going undefeated in it. This is a rant. I’ve ranted before about Wofford.

If we win the conference tourney and Wofford wins theirs...who do you think will get seeded higher? I feel it will be them bc of style points. And that’s ridiculous! 

32 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I give credit that Wofford has rolled its competition in conference play. I don’t give them credit for losing 4 games against ranked teams. I’m sorry you don’t get credit for losing. 

But what bothers me most is this notion that the SoCon is a good league. 4 out of 10 teams over .500. A very top heavy league that feasted off bad teams in it. Therefore road wins against ETSU became Q1 wins. Meanwhile ETSU has beaten no one. It’s misleading. I think the Mac is deeper and better top to bottom. The SoCon was a joke. As evident by a team going undefeated in it. This is a rant. I’ve ranted before about Wofford.

If we win the conference tourney and Wofford wins theirs...who do you think will get seeded higher? I feel it will be them bc of style points. And that’s ridiculous! 

Maybe you missed where Furman went into Villanova and won. I’d argue that’s at least on par with our victory at Syracuse. Wofford went to South Carolina and won by 20. Not sure why you’re trying to tear down the only other feel good mid-major story of the year besides us. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Maybe you missed where Furman went into Villanova and won. I’d argue that’s at least on par with our victory at Syracuse. Wofford went to South Carolina and won by 20. Not sure why you’re trying to tear down the only other feel good mid-major story of the year besides us. 

I’m tearing them down bc I fear they will be seeded higher than us and we will get screwed. Which bothers me. I give credit to Furman. They are the only other team that’s good in that conference. But really ETSU and UNCG. And that conference gets a lot of love. Yet the Mac doesn’t. Again my view is a rant but I feel we will get screwed all bc of style points. 

17 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’m tearing them down bc I fear they will be seeded higher than us and we will get screwed. Which bothers me. I give credit to Furman. They are the only other team that’s good in that conference. But really ETSU and UNCG. And that conference gets a lot of love. Yet the Mac doesn’t. Again my view is a rant but I feel we will get screwed all bc of style points. 

If UB wins out, I would expect they end up on the 5 line.  Their record would look very gaudy...they'd have a good NET and a good ranking.    I don't see a scenario (beyond losing at some point) that they are seeded worse than any So Con team.

I held out hope for the 4, but that seems like a pipe dream now.

Have to take care of business on Friday.  It is going to be an exciting night at Alumni as the crowd gets to acknowledge this special team who will have several players who will play their last game at Alumni.

12 minutes ago, UB92 said:

If UB wins out, I would expect they end up on the 5 line.  Their record would look very gaudy...they'd have a good NET and a good ranking.    I don't see a scenario (beyond losing at some point) that they are seeded worse than any So Con team.

I held out hope for the 4, but that seems like a pipe dream now.

I agree with you. Especially the 4 seed 5 seed stuff. But my fear is if Wofford rolls like they’ve been that they get seeded higher. It’s just a fear. A fear like those who think the committee will favor power conference teams on the bubble this year. Especially when the SoCon has 4 quad 1 teams. Ugh I just fear they will get seeded higher than us that’s all.

2 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I’m sorry you don’t get credit for losing. 

but you do.  well, at least you don't get dinged as bad when you play a tough game against quality opponents vs losing to crap teams like niu. 

5 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I agree with you. Especially the 4 seed 5 seed stuff. But my fear is if Wofford rolls like they’ve been that they get seeded higher. It’s just a fear. A fear like those who think the committee will favor power conference teams on the bubble this year. Especially when the SoCon has 4 quad 1 teams. Ugh I just fear they will get seeded higher than us that’s all.

The higher the seed the cooler it is. But what really matters is the bracket you draw. If the top seed gets knocked off and there are other upsets the better chance you have to make a deep run.

4 hours ago, ed said:

but you do.  well, at least you don't get dinged as bad when you play a tough game against quality opponents vs losing to crap teams like niu. 

Again unfortunately That is the way the NCAA selection criteria is set up and I and there are many sports media and average fans that still do not agree with the system. For a team or teams that are in power conferences or top conferences that have losing records in conference or even closer to 500 records that make the tourney is ludicrous. I listened to a sports show the other day when the panel had this insight. If you are in a power conference and you don’t finish at least 500 in conference or over that you should not be in the tourney. They agreed that would help some of the better quality teams in the lower conferences and some mid major quality teams to have a chance to make the tourney. I still think it is ludicrous for teams that are like 5-12 in conference to be in the tourney and because they have better quality losses. Just does not make any sense at all. UB just has to take care of business on Friday and in Cleveland. Go Bulls!!!!!