Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bowling Green @ #19 UB (3/8 - 6 pm EST) - SENIOR NIGHT

Kevin

• Jeseph pinned this topic

I just wanna say thank you to these 5 seniors. I’ll be cheering them on from NYC, so buffalo send em off right. Last home let’s continue the home winning streak and beat a wounded BG squad. Final tune up game. Go Bulls! Defend the home court. 

Harris got going hopefully this is a sign of what’s to come. We need to cut the turnovers down and play better interior defense. Against BG, who rebounds well, that will be key.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

I hope everyone is there to send off the amazing senior class!

It's after the game though, i hope people stay around. 

how many 16-2 MAC teams have there been beside the 15-1 Kent team?

It would be great if almost the entire crowd stayed after the game for the thank you send off.  Our family was at the senior day for the women last Sat and with a great crowd of 3,500 roughly 2,000 or so stayed. The women played maybe one of their best games all year against a very good Miami team so it was a double celebration. Need that for the men on FrI day. Go Bulls!!!!

Can’t attend. Not in the area.  But anyone who leaves early to beat traffic better have a sick baby at home.  Squash that, a sick baby with an incompetent babysitter.  Squash that, the incompetent babysitter that didn’t even show up and you went to the game anyway.  Yeah then you should just head home, props for coming.  Great senior class.  Thanks for giving me the pleasure of watching you play ball representing (FANTASTICALLY) the university I love.

18 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

Can’t attend. Not in the area.  But anyone who leaves early to beat traffic better have a sick baby at home.  Squash that, a sick baby with an incompetent babysitter.  Squash that, the incompetent babysitter that didn’t even show up and you went to the game anyway.  Yeah then you should just head home, props for coming.  Great senior class.  Thanks for giving me the pleasure of watching you play ball representing (FANTASTICALLY) the university I love.

Last home game for Massinburg and Perkins, you can bet those 2 are going to leave it all on the floor. Massinburg is arguably the best, most successful player in UB history. That #5 will be hung up as among the best player to wear that number. Perkins should also have that #33 hung up as he's been apart of and a giant contributor to much of the success as well.

So sad and bittersweet to think about.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, UB_Prush said:

In all my years of following sports, I can't think of a team that has been as fun to follow as this one. It will be a bitter sweet senior night but good to know we've got more records to set afterwards. 

100% agree. This has been one fantastic ride since Hurley, Oats and Jack were hired. It has been building momentum and continues on the path of success. To think of the women’s team where a number of years ago they woluld get only in the hundreds for games and now it is in the 1,000’s, The men’s team when you would get around the 3,000’s and thought that was good. Now sellouts and fans going bonkers and talking proud and wearing their excitement on their sleeves. Thank you to all these seniors and hope for continued success in whatever the future has in store for you. You will be forever part of the UB family. Go Bulls!!!!!

• Like 1

To think about the vast contributions made to the team by CJ, Perk, Jeremy, Dontay, Montell it shudders the mind UB has gone from a school that has never gone to the dance, thank you 2015 team and everyone associated with that team, to a top 25 program who is and has been in the national conversation all year long and at times the very focus of that conversation.

These seniors are owed a huge standing ovation Friday night and a huge thank you. I sincerely hope the ceremony befits their contributions. I will be there and will do my part.

9 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

I think people should leave early and beat the traffic. UB might be winning by 15 with 10 minutes to go, like they usually are at home. I mean, there's a horrible traffic pattern out there and we had to park too far away for free.

That reminds me.  I think I'll take a cold 1 or 2 for a post game celebratory tailgate.  Seems like a better idea than a Snickers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skrabukes said:

I think people should leave early and beat the traffic. UB might be winning by 15 with 10 minutes to go, like they usually are at home. I mean, there's a horrible traffic pattern out there and we had to park too far away for free.

I know this is sarcasm (right?) but its amazing to me after going to games for like almost 20 years no one has figured out the same easy parking spots/exits that I did year 1 of going to games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UB85 said:

To think about the vast contributions made to the team by CJ, Perk, Jeremy, Dontay, Montell it shudders the mind UB has gone from a school that has never gone to the dance, thank you 2015 team and everyone associated with that team, to a top 25 program who is and has been in the national conversation all year long and at times the very focus of that conversation.

These seniors are owed a huge standing ovation Friday night and a huge thank you. I sincerely hope the ceremony befits their contributions. I will be there and will do my part.

It still shudders my mind as well. Have gone through this whole year still never really wrapping my head around whats going on. Maybe after the season is over I will? Like the whole being ranked thing even since the first poll we were, just hasn't really felt real.

I hope this is one of the best senior nights all around. Ive made just about every one of them for the last couple decades save for a small handful while traveling, and am hopeful Ill be able to at least get to this one at the half. 

37 minutes ago, pottier25 said:

I've been too lazy to look but does anyone know a way to get decent tix for friday? I'm not sure I wanna sit in the rafters.

The ticket office has stopped selling tickets. It is a sell out. The ticket office thinks this game may well set an all time attendance record (for revamped AA????). Unless you know someone, or know someone who knows someone you may be out of luck unless you go to stub hub where I saw the minimum asking price was $41.60. Interestingly the minimum price for the Sabres game that night on stun hub is $12.00. Boy oh boy how far this program has come!! (and how far the sabres have fallen)

18 minutes ago, UB85 said:

The ticket office has stopped selling tickets. It is a sell out. The ticket office thinks this game may well set an all time attendance record (for revamped AA????). Unless you know someone, or know someone who knows someone you may be out of luck unless you go to stub hub where I saw the minimum asking price was $41.60. Interestingly the minimum price for the Sabres game that night on stun hub is $12.00. Boy oh boy how far this program has come!! (and how far the sabres have fallen)

Thanks. I'll go look there just for kicks.

3 hours ago, xDerekRx said:

I know this is sarcasm (right?) but its amazing to me after going to games for like almost 20 years no one has figured out the same easy parking spots/exits that I did year 1 of going to games.

Which is where? 

I park on the stadium side, the front of Alumni (baird/jacobs) are terrible 

12 hours ago, Kevin said:

Which is where? 

I park on the stadium side, the front of Alumni (baird/jacobs) are terrible 

Same. I park in the lot between the South Lake apartments and the parking pass lot next to the stadium. It's been packed at game time this year but not a problem if you get there early. The added bonus is barely anyone seems to use that exit on to Millersport Highway after the game. 

I'll be there Friday. I hope the crowd is loud and worthy of this team. 

Edited by BasketBull

13 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Same. I park in the lot between the South Lake apartments and the parking pass lot next to the stadium. It's been packed at game time this year but not a problem if you get there early. The added bonus is barely anyone seems to use that exit on to Millersport Highway after the game. 

I'll be there Friday. I hope the crowd is loud and worthy of this team. 

I used to park in the Stadium lot - but that has become a mess since the crowds have gotten larger.  The Alumni B lot next to South Lake is good if you can get there early enough before it fills up.  Lately, I've just been going to the Jacobs lots and trying to park in the last row or two.  A little bit of a walk, but I've never had to circle for spots and am out onto Flint with no real wait at the end of the game.The Baird and Slee lots are where everyone tries to get into, and are always a mess.  Tomorrow may be a bit more interesting with the 6pm start, as the students will still be in the lots from classes.

Aside from being senior night, a chance to close out a stellar season, get revenge and beat BG let’s not forget we’ve got Raymond Hawkins coming in for his official visit. From what I can tell this would be a huge recruiting victory to land him. Maybe True Blue will come through with some signs or something else to make the night one Raymond nor the team and fans will never forget. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BasketBull said:

Don't give away my route! 

This game is going to be wild. Local radios have been talking about this game as the hottest ticket in Buffalo this weekend. It is truly incredible how far we have come.

The real question for this game. Is Bowling Green going to have any more confidence? After falling flat on their face the end of the season, are they deflated to even come out of the locker room to a packed alumni crowd on senior night (which by the way, no player of BG has seen a victory in the Arena).

• Like 1