Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bowling Green @ #19 UB (3/8 - 6 pm EST) - SENIOR NIGHT

Kevin

1 hour ago, UB85 said:

Aside from being senior night, a chance to close out a stellar season, get revenge and beat BG let’s not forget we’ve got Raymond Hawkins coming in for his official visit. From what I can tell this would be a huge recruiting victory to land him. Maybe True Blue will come through with some signs or something else to make the night one Raymond nor the team and fans will never forget. 

Be careful. BB will be watching with a camera and ready to report to compliance. I'm being serious, that's probably true. 

Also, with the game pushed up to 6PM on Friday, the lots are going to be an utter mess. I have no idea how they are going to even work this out with the 6800 people coming. 

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Be careful. BB will be watching with a camera and ready to report to compliance. I'm being serious, that's probably true. 

Also, with the game pushed up to 6PM on Friday, the lots are going to be an utter mess. I have no idea how they are going to even work this out with the 6800 people coming. 

He’s on campus. So that’s a much different thing than reaching out to him on social media  

10 hours ago, UB85 said:

Aside from being senior night, a chance to close out a stellar season, get revenge and beat BG let’s not forget we’ve got Raymond Hawkins coming in for his official visit. From what I can tell this would be a huge recruiting victory to land him. Maybe True Blue will come through with some signs or something else to make the night one Raymond nor the team and fans will never forget. 

Heard also that Noah Williams a 6’3 point guard from Seattle, WA will also be visiting. What a great time to have two possible recruits here. A sold out game where we can set a record for wins and with senior night festivities. Looking forward to a big win and a great send off for our seniors. Go Bulls!!!!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ubxcretired said:

I used to park in the Stadium lot - but that has become a mess since the crowds have gotten larger.  The Alumni B lot next to South Lake is good if you can get there early enough before it fills up.  Lately, I've just been going to the Jacobs lots and trying to park in the last row or two.  A little bit of a walk, but I've never had to circle for spots and am out onto Flint with no real wait at the end of the game.The Baird and Slee lots are where everyone tries to get into, and are always a mess.  Tomorrow may be a bit more interesting with the 6pm start, as the students will still be in the lots from classes.

Unlike most it seems I just stay in the arena, enjoy the win, talk to other fans, talk to the players and coaches on occasion, talk to Josh on occasion and just generally savor the gam rather than rushing out and getting frustrated with traffic. I'd highly recommend it.

5 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Unlike most it seems I just stay in the arena, enjoy the win, talk to other fans, talk to the players and coaches on occasion, talk to Josh on occasion and just generally savor the gam rather than rushing out and getting frustrated with traffic. I'd highly recommend it.

Yeah, I'm in pressers and stuff so by the time those are all wrapped up its empty. 

This is gonna be awesome, crowd is guaranteed to be wild. 14.5 point spread, Vegas rightly expecting Oats to keep the pedal to the floor for the full 40. Gotta keep pushing as far away from that 7 seed as possible. CJ will move into 2nd all-time barring something unforeseen. Special times.

1 hour ago, Markscranton said:

Great time.  We have followed our team for many years  this had been a great year with strong players and coaching. Time for. U of buffalo to shine. We are on the national stage. Go out tonight with full 40 minutes and beat them. Then win MAC  and do some good in ncaa  let’s wow our potential recruits - great atmosphere and fun  

let’s go BULLS 

os thanks team  I am very proud alum 

Great time indeed. More fans joining the site!!! Welcome to UB hysteria and mania. Go Bulls!!!!!

1 hour ago, Markscranton said:

Thanks for the tip on post game activities. I will be watching 

I am not new to site - changed from markchicago to markscranton. Been here for 7 months so time to associate with new home   Forever a UB fan. 

Go bulls 

Transfer to Dunder Mifflin Scranton?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was really hoping when they got out to a nice lead that maybe the intensity of senior night would keep these guys awake and we wouldn't see the now patented UB "get out to a nice lead and then take the rest of the game off".  Alas, it was not to be.

Really, really worried that as good as this team is, if they try this in the NCAA tourney against a good team they will get BURIED.

UB owned this game, despite some dry stretches, and a half-nervous couple minutes in the second half.  Oh man, that start.  BG didn't know what hit them.  But that 13 point lead at the half could've been less had BG not missed the front end of two 1-and-1's near the end.  UB was getting to the hoop well today.  I wouldn't say the three's were raining, but I did like a couple times when they took the open jumper.  As we've seen them do several times, getting some stops on defense in the second half opened up a close game.

Perkins - owned the inside on offense.  BG had no answer for the lobs to him.
CJ - one of his trademark dagger three's in the second half to open up the lead when it mattered
Dontay - absolutely outworked everyone around him a couple times to keep possessions alive.  Must've been licking his chops when he saw those BG guards.
Harris - the outside shots weren't dropping but (a) slick drives to the net and (b) improved rebounding all season made for an effective game. 
Davonta - hit a nice three in the first half, some slick drives to the net
Graves - had an outstandingly positioned offensive rebound and put-back in a tight time of the game second half. He's getting in those spots underneath like CJ does

BG - they took UB's best shots early and gradually worked their way back into the game.  I thought that showed character, the kind that makes them a tough opponent come tournament time.  They couldn't handle UB inside though (which is something considering UB isn't a big team).  Like others recently, they wanted to use a screen at the top of the key to open up a drive through the lane.  Frye was mostly useless.  BG, you were a lot more fun when Dakich was running for the exit.

Crowd - a lot more energy than in most games this season.  The spirit team was in fine form.  People seemed mostly surprised (not quite stunned) when BG made it a one-possession game for a while.  Students brought the fun today.  Rasaun Young AND Martinho and Modie in the house, that was cool.  You could tell who the long-time fans are, the ones who didn't just start coming this year - they were the ones who made the time to stay afterwards for the senior ceremonies. 

The job isn't even close to being done yet.  The games by which this season will be judged are about to commence.  See you in Cleveland.

Edited by enrique14150

1 hour ago, admin said:

Wow that senior ceremony on espn3 was awesome. We are big time. 

It was even awesomer in person. Glad you and everyone else who couldn’t make the game had the opportunity to watch the ceremony. I have never ever seen CJ smile so broadly. 

Great job by UB to televise it!! 

12 hours ago, enrique14150 said:

UB owned this game, despite some dry stretches, and a half-nervous couple minutes in the second half.  Oh man, that start.  BG didn't know what hit them.  But that 13 point lead at the half could've been less had BG not missed the front end of two 1-and-1's near the end.  UB was getting to the hoop well today.  I wouldn't say the three's were raining, but I did like a couple times when they took the open jumper.  As we've seen them do several times, getting some stops on defense in the second half opened up a close game.

Perkins - owned the inside on offense.  BG had no answer for the lobs to him.
CJ - one of his trademark dagger three's in the second half to open up the lead when it mattered
Dontay - absolutely outworked everyone around him a couple times to keep possessions alive.  Must've been licking his chops when he saw those BG guards.
Harris - the outside shots weren't dropping but (a) slick drives to the net and (b) improved rebounding all season made for an effective game. 
Davonta - hit a nice three in the first half, some slick drives to the net
Graves - had an outstandingly positioned offensive rebound and put-back in a tight time of the game second half. He's getting in those spots underneath like CJ does

BG - they took UB's best shots early and gradually worked their way back into the game.  I thought that showed character, the kind that makes them a tough opponent come tournament time.  They couldn't handle UB inside though (which is something considering UB isn't a big team).  Like others recently, they wanted to use a screen at the top of the key to open up a drive through the lane.  Frye was mostly useless.  BG, you were a lot more fun when Dakich was running for the exit.

Crowd - a lot more energy than in most games this season.  The spirit team was in fine form.  People seemed mostly surprised (not quite stunned) when BG made it a one-possession game for a while.  Students brought the fun today.  Rasaun Young AND Martinho and Modie in the house, that was cool.  You could tell who the long-time fans are, the ones who didn't just start coming this year - they were the ones who made the time to stay afterwards for the senior ceremonies. 

The job isn't even close to being done yet.  The games by which this season will be judged are about to commence.  See you in Cleveland.

Excellent as usual! A couple more observations. 

For the first time I saw the eye of the tiger in Williams’ eyes. He was beastly on two or three rebounds. He even did a couple nice things on defense helping a teammate. He still has quite a way to go, but the eye of the tiger will go a long way to make him a ton better. 

I thought I was at a Bills game for a few moments in the second half. When the score tightened the crowd started chanting defense. Was it started by the students? NO. Was it started by the long time season ticket holders? NO! Well where in the heck did it come from? It came from the WNY fans from the  community sitting in the 200 and 300 sections. That my friends is what I call a hugely important development especially on top of sell outs when the students were not here in January. 

Lastly they turned students away at the door! Krzyzewskiville/Oatsville anyone?         

Edited by UB85

I just watched it all on espn3. Magical night. There is so little to say outside of this group is special. We will be fortunate if we ever get a group of talent like this together again. I hope this is the start to unlimited fortune... with this group + Nate being the start to it all.