Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bowling Green @ #19 UB (3/8 - 6 pm EST) - SENIOR NIGHT

Kevin

11 hours ago, UB85 said:

Excellent as usual! A couple more observations. 

For the first time I saw the eye of the tiger in Williams’ eyes. He was beastly on two or three rebounds. He even did a couple nice things on defense helping a teammate. He still has quite a way to go, but the eye of the tiger will go a long way to make him a ton better. 

I thought I was at a Bills game for a few moments in the second half. When the score tightened the crowd started chanting defense. Was it started by the students? NO. Was it started by the long time season ticket holders? NO! Well where in the heck did it come from? It came from the WNY fans from the  community sitting in the 200 and 300 sections. That my friends is what I call a hugely important development especially on top of sell outs when the students were not here in January. 

Lastly they turned students away at the door! Krzyzewskiville/Oatsville anyone?         

Great observations as usual!! Another great night and more milestones. The crowd was great and you could tell the team fed off the crowd by the start of the game. It seemed they lost some of their energy the last few minutes of the half and the first few minutes of the 2nd half. In quite a few of games when the score gets close in the 2nd half we are able to make the plays to win the game. Probably a combination of senior leadership and this team being in big, important games these last few years. A great tribute to all these players and coaches. Do agree Williams seemed to be more involved and had great energy. What turned the game in our favor was the defense intensity led by Dontay. Even when they have a lull on the offense their defense always seems to come thru. Thanks to these seniors for all the great memories and with more to come. Go Bulls!!!!

• Jeseph unpinned this topic