Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Coaching Carousel Primer (ESPN article)

ATL92

15 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

If you don't give him a new contract you're not showing that you're willing to stretch to keep him here.

he's in year 1 of a 5 year contract. agree with pottier it doesn't mean anything.

6 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Brad Stevens had the team in 2010 to beat anyone. Knock it off. 

Sure, they could have won against anyone.  But they didn't win against Minnesota, UAB, Clemson, Georgetown, and Duke that year.

Maybe if they would have been challenged after the new year they would have won it.  BEING in a weak conference can be a blessing but it can also be a curse.

1 hour ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Sure, they could have won against anyone.  But they didn't win against Minnesota, UAB, Clemson, Georgetown, and Duke that year.

Maybe if they would have been challenged after the new year they would have won it.  BEING in a weak conference can be a blessing but it can also be a curse.

Man, they went to back to back finals....stop with your edgy takes. 

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:12 PM, mikescherrer8 said:

Man, they went to back to back finals....stop with your edgy takes. 

Yes.

It isn't edgy.  You think it is easier to win at Wichita State than Nebraska?  If Gregg Marshall were at Nebraska he would have more success than at Wichita State.

The same is true of Gonzaga, Butler, and Buffalo.

Elite coaches are held back by these teams.  They also have safe jobs and fans are more forgiving.

3 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Yes.

It isn't edgy.  You think it is easier to win at Wichita State than Nebraska?  If Gregg Marshall were at Nebraska he would have more success than at Wichita State.

Elite coaches are held back by these teams.  They also have safe jobs and fans are more forgiving.

I just found this funny.  I can easily name 4 MAC coaches who will be fired this year.  That number may be as high as 7.  Seems many in the conference want to get rid of their “Reggie”.  Oats may have done more for the conference then anyone person in decades.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

I just found this funny.  I can easily name 4 MAC coaches who will be fired this year.  That number may be as high as 7.  Seems many in the conference want to get rid of their “Reggie”.  Oats may have done more for the conference then anyone person in decades.

Saul out, Hawkins likely out.  Who else do you see out?

4 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Yes.

Explain Hurley. More resources in a down PAC 12 with UB's best player, and UB lost their 2nd best player to discipline, and somehow Oats has out preformed him every year at UB.

4 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Yes.

Why does Nebraska suck every year? Hell their glory days in football are long gone, a vestige of the 70s. They stink too.

Edited by UB85

2 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

Explain Hurley. More resources in a down PAC 12 with UB's best player, and UB lost their 2nd best player to discipline, and somehow Oats has out preformed him every year at UB.

Are you saying that Hurley would have performed as well as Oats if he had stayed at Buffalo?

6 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Are you saying that Hurley would have performed as well as Oats if he had stayed at Buffalo?

Hurley is a good coach and if he stays, we keep Nate as top assistant, so I assume we'd be better. So yes I think Hurley would have performed as well or better if he stayed...

I can’t imagine a young man who has done any research would rather be around Hurley over Oats.  Yay, you have the name recognition.  But Hurley is still a man baby.  Recruiting has been better since he left.  And I watched one of the Duke/NC games on ESPNU from the Hurley days.  Bobby back then would see zero minutes on this year’s UB team.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

I can’t imagine a young man who has done any research would rather be around Hurley over Oats.  Yay, you have the name recognition.  But Hurley is still a man baby.  Recruiting has been better since he left.  And I watched one of the Duke/NC games on ESPNU from the Hurley days.  Bobby back then would see zero minutes on this year’s UB team.  

Are you saying that all the guards we have are better than someone drafted 7th overall into the NBA?

• Like 1