Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Predicting UB’s NCAA Tournament Seed

Just now, yussi1870 said:

Buffalo News is predicting a 5 seed with a MAC tournament win and a 7 seed with a loss.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/03/08/no-19-ub-caps-great-regular-season-beats-bowling-green-84-73/

This ain’t it lol. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/buffalo-bulls/bracketology

ill trust the site with the data, not the Buffalo Snooze who just started covering us this year 

Team Rankings is the most Bullish on the bulls seeding out of all the major bracket makers. 

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Bracket Matrix updates daily with seeding. According to them, we are averaging out among the brackets to be the third 6th seed along with Villanova, Nevada and Iowa State. Among the brackets, we're on the highest end a 4 seed and the lowest an 8 seed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillenniumBull said:

Sadly the way I see it play out is the committee lazily uses the 7 line for all the “at large” kids.  UB, Wofford, Nevada, and whom ever comes in 2nd in the AAC.  Wear your home jerseys once, then put on the underdog colors and stop making noise.

Where my dawgs at??? DMX bark. 

1 minute ago, yussi1870 said:

Not if we’re playing an upset winner

Except #2 teams rarely get upset.  I had the numbers once, but if my memory is correct, it is like 2-3% of the time.  The 1 seed was zero till last year.  But 2 seeds usually get to the second weekend, and almost always the second round (I guess we call it the third round now.)

5 minutes ago, MillenniumBull said:

I think if UB has an early exit in Cleveland we may fall to a 10, Thursday exit an 11.  If UB wins the MAC tourney, we can be as high as a 5 or 6, but most likely a 7.  We need some early exits by some Teams in other conference tournaments.  Fun week, but we all know the drill.

No way, no how. If that is the case, I'm not even watching any games anymore, as the whole thing is a sham. Even with a Thursday exit, which won't happen, they would still have a NET and kenpom in low-mid 20s, thats not a 10-11 seed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

We need some early exits by some Teams in other conference tournaments.

We need favorites to win conference tournaments.  Power conferences so that some team under us doesn't jump us.  Mid majors so that maybe we can get Toledo in too.  Low majors doesn't matter who wins.

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

No way, no how. If that is the case, I'm not even watching any games anymore, as the whole thing is a sham. Even with a Thursday exit, which won't happen, they would still have a NET and kenpom in low-mid 20s, thats not a 10-11 seed. 

Okay, the NCAA will not notice the loss of one viewer.  But, 25 in kenpom is a 7.  Torvik has us at 30, that’s an 8.  We need to win out and hope no teams greatly increase their resume this week because winning the MAC will not increase our standing and a loss would have us fall.

1 hour ago, bull_trojan said:

San Fran strugggling late in their quarterfinal game

Cuse loses to Clemson

Marquette sucks now

WVU finishes dead last in Big 12...

a little help guys?

San Fran with a real bad finish to their season 3 game losing streak and a quick exit in the WCC.

Although they won't move the needle on our resume as much, teams like St Bona did alright in their league 12-6 than it looked like they would. St Francis, Canisius and Southern Illinois finished well near the top of their leagues. Albeit not strong ones.

As for the Bulls I honestly feel a 6 seed is where we end up if we win the MAC tournament. Just has that feel.

A 5 seed would be cool. It would still be amazing to see us get that high of a seed. Even 6 is great. It would be funny after all this to be the dreaded 5 seed. I feel we would be a popular upset pick (I mean everyone looks for the slightest reason to pick a 12)

This must have flown over my head all year but I noticed the First Four is now the 12 seed instead of the 11.

2 hours ago, bull_trojan said:

San Fran strugggling late in their quarterfinal game

Cuse loses to Clemson

Marquette sucks now

WVU finishes dead last in Big 12...

a little help guys?

Yikes. None of this is good. Thank god we aren’t on the bubble. 

1 hour ago, hurley said:

I would imagine this is a mistake, but Jay Bilas insinuates that we are out of the tourney in the event we lose in our conference. He has been a big advocate of Buffalo and ranks us 22 in this post, but interesting nonetheless. https://t.co/Zq0GgX4aVA

image.png.615f8048f42047af12a0bc6731d6c8a4.png

Interesting. I eagerly scanned his list to find where he had the Bulls. Never bothered to read the other stuff. He had UB ranked 12th not too long ago. Still, a 22nd ranked team loses one game and they’re out? That would effectively translate into dropping them roughly 23 spots. Which is absurd at this point. And yet the NCAA is absurd.