Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Predicting UB’s NCAA Tournament Seed

On 3/13/2019 at 2:56 PM, hurley said:

I would imagine this is a mistake, but Jay Bilas insinuates that we are out of the tourney in the event we lose in our conference. He has been a big advocate of Buffalo and ranks us 22 in this post, but interesting nonetheless. https://t.co/Zq0GgX4aVA

image.png.615f8048f42047af12a0bc6731d6c8a4.png

This is wrong. The national media loves Buffalo. Check Twitter. 

They must have just misspoken or thought Buffalo was in a different conference. 

5 minutes ago, yussi1870 said:

With a losing record they’ll have to win their conference tournament.

Right now that's the best option for us, could drop KSU/KU slightly and WVU would be like a 13 or something like that.  But either way it's not a huge deal for us who wins the B12 now.

3 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

And exactly what is their say on who is in and who is out come Sunday?

I am commenting on Jay Bilas as per the the response I quoted. My response was commenting on the media. 

Are you ever not arguing something?

Don’t you have compliance to call?

The Bulls are ranked 16th in the Coaches Poll, 18th in the AP, Lunardi has them as a 6 seed playing Temple in Hartford (East region), and kenpom has them ranked 21st. A few days ago Fox had them as a 4 seed. I think CBS had them as a 5. If they win tonight and tomorrow night, they can’t be worse than a 6. Would it be better to be a 5 seed playing in Des Moines or a 6 seed in Hartford?

6 hours ago, squire17 said:

The Bulls are ranked 16th in the Coaches Poll, 18th in the AP, Lunardi has them as a 6 seed playing Temple in Hartford (East region), and kenpom has them ranked 21st. A few days ago Fox had them as a 4 seed. I think CBS had them as a 5. If they win tonight and tomorrow night, they can’t be worse than a 6. Would it be better to be a 5 seed playing in Des Moines or a 6 seed in Hartford?

Basically a flight either way. But 5 seeds lose more often than 6 I think.

6 hours ago, squire17 said:

Hartford is a drive for most of the fan base.  What matters is who we play.  Ideal situation...play in Hartford win the 1st round game and get a B10 team in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

Lunardi’s latest has the Bulls as a freakin 7 seed playing VCU as a 10 in Columbus in the Midwest region. He’s still got Nevada (lost yesterday to San Diego St)as a 6 seed. The man loves his major conference teams, of course: He’s got at least 5 teams with losing conference records dancing. It’s revolting.

More Lunardi: Temple loses yesterday - still in. Arizona St loses yesterday - still in. Check out their NET ratings. They should be miles from even getting a sniff at at-large berths. Villanova a 5 seed? If the NET turns out to screw the mid majors then I guess it’s “Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.”

45 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Lunardi’s latest has the Bulls as a freakin 7 seed playing VCU as a 10 in Columbus in the Midwest region. He’s still got Nevada (lost yesterday to San Diego St)as a 6 seed. The man loves his major conference teams, of course: He’s got at least 5 teams with losing conference records dancing. It’s revolting.

Yeah his power conference bias is annoying, luckily he is one of the worst bracketologists.