Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Predicting UB’s NCAA Tournament Seed

22 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Because if misinformation is not called out people will believe it to be true.

There is no misinformation. Stating that the national media loves UB, has nothing to do with you needing to continually argue every single post for semantics. 

Things like that are taken into consideration and we’ve already posted on this board who is on the committee this year. Rankings and how long someone has been ranked, winning streaks, best player, etc. are all influential when teams are close.

Maybe you should make it to a MAC tournament sometime instead of calling compliance daily. 

Edited by Kevin

13 hours ago, ed said:

Nope, pretty much goes right down the seeding.

https://www.betfirm.com/seeds-national-championship-odds/

Interesting, between 5 and 6 there’s really no difference but if you want to make the sweet 16 you definitely don’t want a 7 seed. I think our game tonight will be the difference between a 7 or a 6 (or even a 5). If somehow we could pull off a 4, by those stats that’s a real jump.

1 hour ago, yussi1870 said:

Interesting, between 5 and 6 there’s really no difference but if you want to make the sweet 16 you definitely don’t want a 7 seed. I think our game tonight will be the difference between a 7 or a 6 (or even a 5). If somehow we could pull off a 4, by those stats that’s a real jump.

All these prognosticators are just guessing. For example Jerry Palm just said we are a 7 if we win tonight 8 if we lose. I feel like he’s way off. We are as high as a 5 if we win imo. All a guessing game. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

They actually use tons of stats and were dead on last year, right now a 6. 

UB did take a hit grinding out that CMU win (for those unsure if how you win matters)

https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/

I'd be alright with a 6 seed.  But a 7.  Even Lunardi had us as a 7 this morning (possibly playing Carolina in the 2nd round).  He dropped us a seed line despite winning.  At what point do you say ok the metrics are what they are but they themselves are not the whole picture. Whatever happens it will be.  At this point heck under seed us so we can really show the country what we are all about.

4 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

All these prognosticators are just guessing. For example Jerry Palm just said we are a 7 if we win tonight 8 if we lose. I feel like he’s way off. We are as high as a 5 if we win imo. All a guessing game. 

If Jerry Palm is the Bracketologist for CBS, he had the Bulls as a 5 seed at 9:30 this morning. But I agree with you. It’s just a guess.

8 minutes ago, squire17 said:

If Jerry Palm is the Bracketologist for CBS, he had the Bulls as a 5 seed at 9:30 this morning. But I agree with you. It’s just a guess.

During halftime of the woman's game he said we were a 7 with a win or an 8 with a loss.  Wouldn't shock me if he is confused. But you're right on the website it says a 5 seed. 

8 minutes ago, Kevin said:

So I guess we know his thoughts....

Love Oats!!!

Split the difference and give us the 6 seed out the west.  First 2 rounds played in Hartford. Or the 5 seed out the south.  First 2 rounds also in Hartford.  Wishful thinking?  Watch the committee make us a 7 seed.

31 minutes ago, admin said:

Right now Lunardi has us as a 6th seed against .… drum roll …

ASU. 

If Oregon beats Washington perhaps old Joe will have the Bulls play the winner of the ASU v TCU play-in game. Or maybe just Washington straight up. I would love to thrash ASU but maybe Seth Davis sees us playing an 8/9 matchup against Seton Hall. The bozos.

37 minutes ago, pottier25 said:

ESPN which I assume is Lunardi has UB a 7 as of this morning. Smfh.

Check again. Lunardi(ESPN) has got Buffalo as a 6 playing Ohio St in Hartford as part of the West bracket. He briefly had the Bulls as a 7 seed yesterday. Today’s BN quotes him as saying they’re a 6 and one-half, but wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up as a 7. Have to remind ourselves that Lunardi isn’t personally predicting what he thinks should be the case. He is prediticting what he thinks the NCAA committee will do. And so, one more time fro the top: “Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss”.

Its disgusting. So is putting 3 PAC 12 teams in when for four weeks everyone’s been saying this might be the year when they get only  1. So is putting teams with losing conference records in.

I’m not worried as much about seed/location as I am the draw. Katz’ bracket is perfect. If we got that draw and got past liberty I like our chances of getting to the sweet 16. Kansas is living off its reputation and not the quality of their team. Hell if we got that draw I’d go to China to watch in person. 

29 minutes ago, UB85 said:

I’m not worried as much about seed/location as I am the draw. Katz’ bracket is perfect. If we got that draw and got past liberty I like our chances of getting to the sweet 16. Kansas is living off its reputation and not the quality of their team. Hell if we got that draw I’d go to China to watch in person. 

Agreed. It would be hard to beat that set up. And that’s assuming Kansas beats Vermont.

Despite what Lunardi says, I believe Buffalo HAS to be a 5-seed. There's NO WAY they can be worse than a six. If so, that would be highway robbery. 

Here's the link to my story with comments from Nate Oats with his thoughts.

LINK: Nate Oats pleads Buffalo’s case heading into Selection Sunday

Edited by Big 4 Hoops Blogger