Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Predicting UB’s NCAA Tournament Seed

What are your guys thoughts on possibly being a 6 seed having to play the winner of a play in game (an 11 seed underachieving P5 school possibly)??

In recent years there’s been a play in winner who has won a game or two. Or is it better to play them bc they would have already played and hopefully would be a bit fatigued.  Thoughts?

Lunardi is simply predicting what the committee will do. While past performance is no guarantee of future performance the committee typically screws mid majors. I’d be thrilled with a 4th or 5th seed, but 6 or 7 much more likely given the idiots in a room past performance 

I'm gonna assume we win our first game but I'd prefer not being a 7 cause that likely puts us against a 2 just to get to the Sweet 16. A 5 would be nice I think cause the odds of beating a 4 would seem to be best case scenario. But again, these seeds almost never hold true.

Not sure where to put this, but was getting angry thinking Bonas could sneak into the tournament and give the A10 two bids.  Let's play a game.  Which of these two conference by NET rankings below is the A10 and which is the MAC?

AVG:156
Median 162

AVG: 132
Median: 135

26 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

Not sure where to put this, but was getting angry thinking Bonas could sneak into the tournament and give the A10 two bids.  Let's play a game.  Which of these two conference by NET rankings below is the A10 and which is the MAC?

AVG:156
Median 162

AVG: 132
Median: 135

That conference definitely has a "bid stealer" in there. It's not looking like it will be Bona at this point, with 1 minute left. The MAC has been a solid conference all year. Those numbers above don't lie. Only 1 MAC team in the bottom half of D-1 versus 5 in the A-10. No nights off, especially on the road, even though UB got ridiculed by many on here for losing twice in league play.

I am no fan of the foul mouthed Bonnies’ hoodlums but I was rooting for the team. We want to build and are building a great college basketball culture in WNY. Getting two teams in the Big Dance would have only furthered  that growth. 

And as far as those foul mouthed hoodlums are concerned, I have a lot of friends who went to Bona and are Bonnie’s fans and to a person they were appalled by the conduct of their fans in Olean. One told me he even wrote the president encouraging the administration to rein in the ugliness. 

Edited by UB85
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UB85 said:

I am no fan of the foul mouthed Bonnies’ hoodlums but I was rooting for the team. We want to build and are building a great college basketball culture in WNY. Getting two teams in the Big Dance would have only furthered  that growth. 

And as far as those foul mouthed hoodlums are concerned, I have a lot of friends who went to Bona and are Bonnie’s fans and to a person they were appalled by the conduct of their fans in Olean. One told me he even wrote the president encouraging the administration to rein in the ugliness. 

Between the students chants, the Bona trolls on twitter, and the reddit/Bona message board clowns, they have far and away the worst fans I’ve come across. And It’s not close. I don’t know if it’s their superiority complex that’s taken a beating with us being good or what, but they’re unbearable 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Between the students chants, the Bona trolls on twitter, and the reddit/Bona message board clowns, they have far and away the worst fans I’ve come across. And It’s not close. I don’t know if it’s their superiority complex that’s taken a beating with us being good or what, but they’re unbearable 

I've had my wife called nasty names because I root for UB. SBU is gross, period. 

8 minutes ago, ubbulls08 said:

THis is pathetic: if you stream last year's selection, why not this year's?

Big mistake by the Comm team. I'm miffed.

They were live streaming on Facebook but the feed stopped working apparently.  CBS is doing a live looking when they announce our seed.

Looks like it just came back on.

Edited by UBFAN2001