Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Predicting UB’s NCAA Tournament Seed

So getting a 6 seed with a play in game team means they were essentially #21 or #22.  I think that's a little low, but also pretty fair.  It's worse than their NET, but UB only has 1 win over a tournament team, which probably hurt them.  I think they should have been a 5 seed, but I think 6 is ok and they have a good matchup and path forward.  As a 6 seed they wouldn't meet Gonzaga until the Elite Eight.

I think they deserved a 5 seed, but were penalized 1 for being a mid major, which isn't too bad.  I do like the potential matchup wtih ASU and by getting a play in game team they are one of the top 2 6 seeds, so #21 or #22 in the country, which is maybe a bit low, but not too unfair.  

I also like that we might get #2 Michigan which IMO is the weakest #2 seed, and wouldn't play #1 Gonzaga until the Elite 8.

• Like 1

Just now, ubbulls08 said:

Terrible location. Wonder if we'll have 100 fans in the stands. What could have been, had we won one more game in conference.

That's debatable whether it really would have made a difference.  UB's net ranking was 15.  I mean, if they don't lose to NIU their ranking is what?  12? 13?.  If the committee can ignore a 15 they can ignore a 12 or 13.

Also, last year they were in Boise and still had some fans.

2 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

6 seed was very fair. If Marquette was getting the 5 I was especially ok with it. We are also in the weaker bracket imo. Very happy overall with the draw. Love the potential Hurley matchup too.

I agree. Slotted in where we belong, looking at the other teams. Ahead of Wofford, behind Marquette 

2 minutes ago, ubbulls08 said:

Terrible location. Wonder if we'll have 100 fans in the stands. What could have been, had we won one more game in conference.

In the sense that we could meet Texas Tech its certainly a detriment. The 5 seed in Hartford would have been ideal but I think the 6 is fair. Maybe CJ will go off feeling close to home

Just now, UB05 said:

I agree. Slotted in where we belong, looking at the other teams. Ahead of Wofford, behind Marquette 

Those were the two sticking points with me as well. 1 below Marquette, 1 above Wofford. 7 would have drove me nuts only from a visual aspect. Otherwise I dont care a ton about seeding in general.

Texas Tech

Michigan

Not an easy bracket. And the location is brutal. Better for everyone in the bracket that isn't Buffalo.

I'm pissed with this, tbh. I feel there is so little respect for a team like UB, and it's what will cost us Oats this year or next. He sees the lack of resources and the lack of national respect more than we do. 

This is a crap seeding.

18 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

That's debatable whether it really would have made a difference.  UB's net ranking was 15.  I mean, if they don't lose to NIU their ranking is what?  12? 13?.  If the committee can ignore a 15 they can ignore a 12 or 13.

Also, last year they were in Boise and still had some fans.

There was a lot of fans in the stands for that one. I was one of them! I'm sure the Bulls fans will come out from every nook and cranny to get there.

28 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

So getting a 6 seed with a play in game team means they were essentially #21 or #22.  I think that's a little low, but also pretty fair.  It's worse than their NET, but UB only has 1 win over a tournament team, which probably hurt them.  I think they should have been a 5 seed, but I think 6 is ok and they have a good matchup and path forward.  As a 6 seed they wouldn't meet Gonzaga until the Elite Eight.

I know it's not the best to have Buffalo playing out west. It kind of shafts the fan base. I'm personally excited to see them get to the second weekend because I like about 25 minutes from Anaheim! Anyone who want's to book a flight, you are welcome to stay at my place for the game.

2 minutes ago, ubmae86 said:

There was a lot of fans in the stands for that one. I was one of them! I'm sure the Bulls fans will come out from every nook and cranny to get there.

But the thing there was everyone wanted us to slay a blue blood. We’re less established than either of our potential opponents but we are no longer the underdogs, so this will be interesting. 

Trying to be objective I’d still think neutrals would pull for us. We’re fun to watch and have a great team/staff.

Just now, ubmae86 said:

I know it's not the best to have Buffalo playing out west. It kind of shafts the fan base. I'm personally excited to see them get to the second weekend because I like about 25 minutes from Anaheim! Anyone who want's to book a flight, you are welcome to stay at my place for the game.

Yea, but I don't think 5, 6, or 7 seeds are really in any place to complain about locations.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UB_Prush said:

But the thing there was everyone wanted us to slay a blue blood. We’re less established than either of our potential opponents but we are no longer the underdogs, so this will be interesting. 

Trying to be objective I’d still think neutrals would pull for us. We’re fun to watch and have a great team/staff.

I agree Prush. This will be interesting to see how it looks for us. And just fyi, this is Tim Ames, we graduated together 🙂

• Like 1