Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo Rutgers Big Ten Network 12:00 Noon

BrooklynBull

Although the game is on the Big Ten Network it may not be that easy to find.  Depending on your location the game may be on a Big Ten Network overflow channel.  In the New York and Buffalo areas it will be on the  main channel.  In Chicago it will be on an overflow channel.

To find the availability in your area use the link below.

http://btn.com/btn-gamefinder/

Edited by BrooklynBull

7 hours ago, SGBull said:

What is the best way to get tickets for this game? I am considering making the trip down but won't know until Thursday/Friday. Hoping to be in the UB section if I do make the trip down. 

Rutgers never sells out. In fact you'll probably find people willing to give you a freebie, or at least heavily discounted ticket in the parking lot.

1 hour ago, admin said:

I just checked and it looks like it’s not on BTN. Will need btn2go whatever that is. 

It will be there.  Click the link above.  What you see is the primary game for the country, Maryland - Minnesota.  In the New York area it will be the lead game.

BTN2Go is their app to view games.  It is run through Fox which is the majority owner of the Big ten Network.

14 hours ago, SGBull said:

What is the best way to get tickets for this game? I am considering making the trip down but won't know until Thursday/Friday. Hoping to be in the UB section if I do make the trip down. 

You can get tickets for as low as $6 on SeatGeek.  The assigned visitor section is 110-111ish from what I've seen online, but there will be Bulls fans in section 105.

4 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

What you see is the primary game for the country, Maryland - Minnesota. 

Yikes, that's almost as bad as watching Rutgers play football

Edited by rma

BTN2GO app downloaded just in case it's not on BTN in NYC for youtube.tv

Just read the game notes.  Can't believe the last time we played Rutgers was in 2007.  11 years ago.  Wow, has it been that long?  For some reason, I thought we played them pretty regularly.  Not sure why we stopped playing Rutgers after 2007, but we definitely need to get this game on a more regular basis along with Syracuse, Army, UConn, BC and UMass.

Anyway, back to 2007.  Rutgers was nationally ranked and we got blown out there.  I think I remember that game.  Ray Rice basically killed us on the ground and we couldn't stay with their receivers Underwood and Britt.  I think it was a night game.  Remember it being a long ride home.

Well 2018, it's a new game and we should be able to take this.  Strangely, losing to Rutgers will now be a disaster as Rutgers is now being recognized as the worst Power 5 team.  Must win at Rutgers.  We need to hit their rookie QB hard and cause have him running around early so they give up early.  Them having hope might cause them to wake up and actually believe they can win this game.

I think a UB victory at Rutgers in the early 2000s with Hofer was UBs first (only?) victory over a P5 school. Later, post 2007, UB canceled a game late in the process at Rutgers. It was a slightly bush move on UBs part. Who knows, this game may be that canceled game finally getting played.

I was at UB training camp in mid-August and we looked ready to compete. Two weeks later I was rushed home from the Crenshaw mall (to buy business clothes, because previously my job was to stand around and watch football)  to listen to the Bulls game alone at 4pm. I began to think maybe I made a mistake. Anywho, Britt ate us alive.

I hope we beat Rutgers and never play them again so we can have "won the last game" bragging rights over RU and UConn

On 9/18/2018 at 9:55 PM, rma said:

You can get tickets for as low as $6 on SeatGeek.  The assigned visitor section is 110-111ish from what I've seen online, but there will be Bulls fans in section 105.

Yikes, that's almost as bad as watching Rutgers play football

Awesome, thanks. We will be sitting in 108.

I can still remember the UB-Rutgers game from 2001 at UB stadium where Victor knocked the Scarlett Knight's head off. The whole crowd went nuts afterwards. UB ended up winning and was a crazy night for us freshman that had just moved in a few days prior. Who would have known that their 3-8 record would end up being their best season during my 4 years at UB. That game was probably my favorite football game I went to as a student. believe the video of Victor was used during orientation for a few years afterward.

14 minutes ago, RochBull said:

I can still remember the UB-Rutgers game from 2001 at UB stadium where Victor knocked the Scarlett Knight's head off. The whole crowd went nuts afterwards. UB ended up winning and was a crazy night for us freshman that had just moved in a few days prior. Who would have known that their 3-8 record would end up being their best season during my 4 years at UB. That game was probably my favorite football game I went to as a student. believe the video of Victor was used during orientation for a few years afterward.

Your age must be affecting your memory.  UB lost at home in 2001.  Their only win against Rutgers was the following year at Rutgers when Andre Forde torched them for three touchdowns.

So I live about 2.5 hours away from Rutgers and really want to go to the game. I'm looking at 2 seats in section 105 (where some other buff people said they would be sitting) row 8 for $26 a pop. However, it's on seatgeek and I would need to buy both tickets and can't find for the life of me anyone to bring along. If there is anyone on here who would like to go in on these with me let me know asap. I'm not bad to sit next to, just lots of yelling for the bulls

Prediction?  I predict a close fought game similar to how it went down at Temple.  Rutgers is a mess right now, but I think their talent keeps them in this one.  I hope they stick with their true freshman QB Sitkowski who's really struggled the last two weeks.  I would think that gives us a better shot than their senior QB with less talent.

I'll go with 38-34 Buffalo. 

If we win a blowout, Chris Ash firing talk will only grow.

I'm interested in seeing what we do at around the 20 yard mark and 4th down.  Leipold has really been hesitant to kick a FG.  We need to convert them to points in these potential tight games. Let's hope Mitcheson gets going.

16 minutes ago, admin said:

Buffaloes 42 - Rutgers 13

im trying to think back and I think this is our first win against Big Ten. It might also be the first against P5 since it was organized. 

I believe your right. Last win vs Rutgers was during their BE tenure, so not P5.  Sadly, this didn’t feel like a big win, Rutgers wouldn’t finish in the top half of the MAC East better yet compete for the conference.  Even their fan base was predicting a blowout. I know scheduling takes place years in advance but it would of been nice to see this year’s squad against a legit P5 or a top AAC team this year.  Timing is a bitch.  Army should be a good game.