Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bearden Burn!!!

Oats on the Jim Rome show talking about Antonio Brown

“Shoot you know what I said though, all to Bills Mafia? They might be lucky they didn’t get Antonio Brown. Who knows? There might be something better. We had kids leave our program that people thought would hurt our program. Sometimes it’s better, you know, who you lose — addition by subtraction, or who you don’t get in Free Agency. I think the Bills will be alright. I like the staff, I like what they got going here.”

12 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Now there's a name that I haven't heard in a long, long time. Although these guys didn't leave (unlike BJ), my favorites were Vu Luu and Leonard Tangishaka!

Yes!  At least Tangishaka could block some shots. Vu Luu was just this walk-on on the end of the bench.  My brother could go all day brain-storming some of the more interesting characters to grace that court.  I kinda want to...but I don't want to make fun of some well-meaning guys who were doing their best.  (We'll leave that to characters on opposing teams - how about Kenneth Van Kempen, Monty St. Clair, Nate Van Der Sluice, Matt Stainbrook (who was actually good), the Zieglers ("Daddy's Princess"), Keith Closs, or ubxcretired's favorite Bubba Walther)

8 minutes ago, enrique14150 said:

Yes!  At least Tangishaka could block some shots. Vu Luu was just this walk-on on the end of the bench.  My brother could go all day brain-storming some of the more interesting characters to grace that court.  I kinda want to...but I don't want to make fun of some well-meaning guys who were doing their best.  (We'll leave that to characters on opposing teams - how about Kenneth Van Kempen, Monty St. Clair, Nate Van Der Sluice, Matt Stainbrook (who was actually good), the Zieglers ("Daddy's Princess"), Keith Closs, or ubxcretired's favorite Bubba Walther)

The guy by the last name of "Dick" on Valpo was my favorite opponent..."there's a Dick on the floor". That, along with the Homer Simpson (for coach Homer Drew) cut-outs were great.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

The guy by the last name of "Dick" on Valpo was my favorite opponent..."there's a Dick on the floor". That, along with the Homer Simpson (for coach Homer Drew) cut-outs were great.

I want us to schedule Valpo non-conference so we can beat them again.  I consider it unfinished business (though we did beat them at the end of the 94-95 season, the Bulls lost to them every other time).  Freaking Drew's (father and son) were the bane of our existence.

16 hours ago, MillenniumBull said:

I think the Bills will be alright. I like the staff, I like what they got going here.”

anyone else losing faith in oats? he's clearly not right in the head if he thinks the bills are going to be alright and likes what they have got going on there.  😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ed said:

anyone else losing faith in oats? he's clearly not right in the head if he thinks the bills are going to be alright and likes what they have got going on there.  😄

He obviously isn't going to get the Buffalo faithful out to games if he says "Ha the Bills are an absolute dumpster fire and even worse look at the Sabres.  Thank God I'm a Packers fan!".  He has less of a filter than most in his position but he isn't that dumb

6 hours ago, enrique14150 said:

Was going to say something about how I don't know a single name you posted about, but looky here Matt Stainbrook!  That was a fun game.

1 hour ago, rma said:

He obviously isn't going to get the Buffalo faithful out to games if he says "Ha the Bills are an absolute dumpster fire and even worse look at the Sabres.  Thank God I'm a Packers fan!".  He has less of a filter than most in his position but he isn't that dumb

Was going to say something about how I don't know a single name you posted about, but looky here Matt Stainbrook!  That was a fun game.

"Stainbrook missed 'em both!" Great call by Whetzel.

7 hours ago, ed said:

Nate has not been here long enough like a lot of us that have witnessed just how bad the Bills have been thru the coaching changes and the players that have under performed. Just one year after the next of futility and non competitive football. Go Bulls!!!

8 hours ago, John said:

Nate has not been here long enough like a lot of us that have witnessed just how bad the Bills have been thru the coaching changes and the players that have under performed. Just one year after the next of futility and non competitive football. Go Bulls!!!

Nate has not been in the United States?

10 hours ago, John said:

They made the playoffs a year ago. In fact the Bills are just under .500 while Nate is here. Compare that to the Browns who went 1-31.

But yes, the Sabres are a flaming bag of poo.

54 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

They made the playoffs a year ago. In fact the Bills are just under .500 while Nate is here. Compare that to the Browns who went 1-31.

But yes, the Sabres are a flaming bag of poo.

Yes the Bills finally ended the playoff drought last year but it was a miracle from the Bengals and they have a long way to go to become a quality team. It’s okay if you want to compare mediocrity to having success at 500. A winning playoff team would be great. Go Bulls!!!!

• Like 1