Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

(8) Akron @ (1) #18 UB - MAC Tournament Quarterfinal (3/14 - 12pm EDT)

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

Take it to them early. Be the aggressive team and don’t let them settle in on defense.

Bulls win this by 10+ if our team is hungry.

Lately we have been taking it to teams early and then hit our mid game slump and let them back into it. I wanna see a full game without major lapses and we should take care of them handily 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Akron fans are pretty confident over there....

I think they have a right to be a little confident. Last time we played them it was close to the end and they weren't shooting as hot. They just came off a game where they are shooting lights out. They stay up their defense and shot well. Plus coupled with the fact that Akron has 0 to lose. They think they can beat us 

I think they fail to realize that we didn't play well both times we played them and that we are now in March. Maybe Mr. March (Jeremy Harris) will make a statement during this game. I don't give Akron a shot. My bags will be packed to make the semi final game on Friday 😉 

10 minutes ago, Kevin said:

http://zipsnation.org/forums/topic/38254-mac-tournament-game-2-buffalo/

Idk everything said there pretty much was accurate. I’ve always thought Akron fans were some of the most respectful and respectable that I’ve seen. I remember the one year at a road game at Akron both student sections participated in a “Kent state sucks” chant. I have nothing against them, just hope they lose. St bona fans on the other hand...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kevin said:

http://zipsnation.org/forums/topic/38254-mac-tournament-game-2-buffalo/

They're confident until they're not. They have a severe case of schizophrenia. One minute they think they completely stink. Then after winning a game they're world beaters. One minute they like Groce. The next they think he should be fired. The fact of the matter Akron is an offensively challenged team. In conference our defense is #1 theirs # 2. Our offense is much better. You have to play the game. But the Bulls will bring it to them!

• Like 2

The first game is always the toughest bc of expectations and nerves. You know what I would like to see UB do, apply token pressure to Akron’s primary ball handler as they bring the ball up court. 

Akron wants to slow the tempo so why not slow them down even more. Delay them getting into their offensive sets and maybe they will make mistakes. It’s not an all out press just token pressure to make them waste time. 

Other than that defend the perimeter and limit turnovers. Go Bulls!

20 hours ago, squire17 said:

Something is wrong when a team that went 16-2 in conference, and has the number 1 seed, gets to play its first conference tourney game in an arena that is 20 minutes away from its opponent’s campus. According to kenpom, the opponent is ranked 3rd out of the eight remaining teams in the MAC tourney. This scenario doesn’t pass the smell test. Time to look for a different conference.

There is no monster under your bed.  I’m too lazy to check the closet.

18 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Could have to play the 1st, 2nd, and 4th best NET teams (factoring we can't play ourselves). 

Such an interesting fact.

Considering the top 8 NETs are left, I think it's relevant. 

No doubt when the bracket came out I said we potentially would have the toughest road if chalk walked. Even if CMU beats Kent, they are tough. Buckle up nothing will be easy.

My advice to all: Just BULLIEVE! UB is winning tomorrow. There is nothing stopping them now. We have a great team. They are in it for each other. They could care less who the star is on any particular night. We’ve seen throughout the year that it might be anyone of seven guys who turns out to be the difference maker. There is absolutely no other MAC team that can come close. So BULLIEVE just as your coaches and players do. Go Bulls!

• Like 3

Need this one bad! Should solidify our 6 seed IMO. 

Also, the Buffalo reinforcements are coming tomorrow for the game from what I've heard, so need to pull this one off. 

Why is the 1 seed playing at noon? Is that even an advantage to get an extra 6 hours off as compared to having fans/body used to play at a certain time? 

Just now, BullsFan14 said:

Especially playing a team that is 30 minutes away....

Like they don't even need to change their routine. Brutal draw for this one.

5 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

a 1 seed, ranked #18 in the nation, playing on ESPN+ too.....

With most likely their ESPN+ staff.