Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

(5) Kent State @ (4) UB - MAC Women's Tournament Quarterfinal (3/13 - 2:30pm EDT)

In the interest of Title IX compliance.  The women will play Kent State in the second game of the day.  Tip will be approximately at 2:30 (30 minutes after the  end of the Central Michigan = Eastern Michigan game).  The winners play Friday at 11:00 AM.

Wednesday and Friday games on ESPN+.

• BrooklynBull changed the title to #4 Buffalo v. #5 Kent State Women - Wednesday March 13, 2019
1 hour ago, MillenniumBull said:

This game is big.  Need at least one more win for at large bid.

I think they will have to get to the championship game to have a shot at an At-Large bid.  This is why the loss at Kent State last Saturday was huge.  If they won they would not have had to deal with Central Michigan until Saturday.  If that match up occurred there would have probably been two bids for the MAC.  Now I think the only way there are two bids is if Central loses by less than five in the championship game.

9 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

I think they will have to get to the championship game to have a shot at an At-Large bid.  This is why the loss at Kent State last Saturday was huge.  If they won they would not have had to deal with Central Michigan until Saturday.  If that match up occurred there would have probably been two bids for the MAC.  Now I think the only way there are two bids is if Central loses by less than five in the championship game.

Currently, ESPN bracketology has 3 MAC teams in, including UB. UB and Ohio are listed as "last 4 in". CMU is likely in regardless of MAC outcome. Personally, I also feel that they need to get to the finals in order to be an at-large selection, but it isn't insane to think that a CMU-Ohio final, with UB staying close vs. CMU gets them in. I wouldn't bet on it however. Regardless, Wednesday's game is no cake-walk, and is an absolute must win. They need to be flying on all cylinders, as Kent played them tough the other day and was surely rolling last night.

Tomorrow's game is definitely a must-win for an at-large. If they could beat CMU then that would basically guarantee them a berth. A loss to CMU and then CMU winning in the final as well would make things interesting.

The one thing going in UB's favor right now is that most of the other teams on the bubble have already lost in their conference tournaments and none besides Arkansas made a really deep run. Butler losing early in the Big East 3 v 6 game and St Mary's falling just short of upsetting Gonzaga yesterday could prove to be big helpers for UB's cause. We should definitely be rooting for Gonzaga to beat BYU today in the WCC final to avoid BYU stealing a bid. Beyond that game, not much else will today will directly affect UB's chances as both SD St and SD in the Summit and Marquette and DePaul in the Big East finals should all be already in.

• Jeseph pinned this topic

I'll likely have this on in the car for the drive to Cleveland.

At Senior Night, they mentioned something I hadn't heard before in the discussion since last March (though admittedly I may not have been listening). The '17-18' Bulls were the first SUNY team to advance to the Sweet Sixteen. Here's hoping for a repeat performance this year. It starts today. 

1 minute ago, TML1000 said:

EMU fouls CMU up 3 on two straight possessions to avoid a possible game tying three...both teams hit their free throws but with 5 seconds left EMU does not foul and CMU hits a game-tying three at the buzzer.

Why did they not foul at the end???

She got the shot off with .1 left also. Crazy end to regulation.

34 minutes ago, TML1000 said:

I did not see it...just following the stats. Did EMU try to foul or let it play out?

They fouled up 3 for two straight possessions both teams hit their free throws then inexplicably with 5 seconds left they didn’t foul and bang CMU hit the tying 3 at the horn. The rest was history. Demoralizing loss.

Time for the ladies to start this off right.

Edited by DooleyBull06