Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Treg Setty/Saul Phillips

UB85

I was not a fan of Treg’s when he played for the Bob Cats. But I am now. He’s experienced a very difficult journey and has survived where others may well not have. He penned a very personal and moving, at least to me, on bobcatattack reflecting on his experiences and how Saul Phillips impacted his life. I post it here because I think it is well worth the read. And just perhaps Treg will stumble on this thread and will realize there are many people many who have no connection to or with him that understand his struggles, wish him well and are pulling for a long, productive and happy life. Here it is. 

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPage=1&ForumPID=1&PID=278068

• Like 3

It’s no secret that we all want our team to stomp the others. But let’s face it we all have far more in common than than not. I certainly hope we all stand behind people like Treg that has faced some of the worst life has to offer, but is making the most of his opportunities thanks to the goodness of someone like Saul Phillips. That goes much further in life than how many basketball games we win. 

• Like 1

Wow, great read.

It's unfortunate that Saul didn't work out at Ohio.  I've heard that Jim Christian was not a good "people" coach, which Treg's post further confirms.  I love watching Ohio lose, but at the same time if we get competitive teams in the conference (and Big 4), it's better for everybody. 

• Like 1