Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

(11) ASU vs. (6) #15 UB - NCAA First Round (3/22 at 3:50 PM)

Kevin

6 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

What is this pact?  I have been on record as saying Wofford is over rated.  Should I be cheering for them?  Will me hating on them give us bad karma, if so let know. I take it all back.

It is from the college basketball subreddit, just random posters who decided to make a pact to root for each others teams. It has grown on the college basketball reddit to a point for even non Buffalo and Wofford fans support the pact. 

Basically comes down to the fact that a lot of people think both teams are really good, but don't always get the respect they deserve by the media/selection committee. 

3 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

As far as lack of respect, the Mercer win tonight over Temple is a big win for the mid-major cause.

Mercer? Didn’t you mean Belmont. I wasn’t overly impressed with either team but as much as I love Fran Dunphy was glad the mid major prevailed. It shows the committee they made the right call. 

9 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Been saying it all week.  Not that we can't beat ASU but they will present a greater challenge.

I would wager they have not played a team as tenacious as UB this year. Kansas was a bunch of wimps.

UB is anywhere from the 15th to the 22nd best team in DI. It has 5 seniors that play prominent minutes. It’s guards are lock down on defense, can all get to the rim, score from deep, and hit their foul shots (except for Jordan). It will have the advantage of extra rest against whichever team it faces on Friday at a neutral court. It could have the crowd cheering for it. As long as Buffalo plays tough defense (which they usually do) they should win their first game.

• Like 1

ASU clearly the better team, which is also borne out by their schedule.  St. John's went 8-10 in the Big East and their only good OOC wins were a 1 point win over VCU and a 4 point win over Bowling Green.  They should not be in the tournament.

That being said, I hope they find a way to come back and win because ASU will cause UB problems and will be much closer than a 6-11 game should be.

6 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

The only reason St. John's is in the tournament is because the committee couldn't bear to have one 2 Big East teams in.  They are not a good team. They beat BGSU by 4 at home.  On the road or neutral court, BGSU would beat them half the time.

I think four Big East teams made it in:  Villanova, Seton Hall, St. Johns and Marquette.   As a note, five other teams made it to the NIT.  One team, DePaul, made it to the CIT or CBI.  In other words, all 10 teams in the Big East made the post-season.