Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

(11) ASU vs. (6) #15 UB - NCAA First Round (3/22 at 3:50 PM)

Kevin

2 minutes ago, UB92 said:

I think four Big East teams made it in:  Villanova, Seton Hall, St. Johns and Marquette.   As a note, five other teams made it to the NIT.  One team, DePaul, made it to the CIT or CBI.  In other words, all 10 teams in the Big East made the post-season.

I just heard that the NCAA pays for chartered flights for all teams to get to their games.  Can that be true?  Wow, what a huge difference (besides overall ranking of course) between that and the CIT/CBI where teams pay to host games.

6 minutes ago, UB92 said:

I think four Big East teams made it in:  Villanova, Seton Hall, St. Johns and Marquette.   As a note, five other teams made it to the NIT.  One team, DePaul, made it to the CIT or CBI.  In other words, all 10 teams in the Big East made the post-season.

You're right, I forgot about Seton Hall. 

ASU looked good in the first half, but has been downright bad in the 2nd.  My overall impression is that St. John's is bad and should not be in the tournament.  ASU is less bad and was a legit bubble team.  They can absolutely beat UB but Buffalo is the better team.

This may be the worst effort I've ever seen from a team in the NCAA tournament, by St. John's.  They should be embarrassed and the committee should be shamed for putting them in the field.  

ASU should also be thanking their lucky stars because almost every other team in the nation would have buried them with that putrid second half they had.

Just now, 121Merrimac said:

You mean, AWESOME

Oh absolutely.  If ASU plays anything at all like this Friday, it will be a bloodbath.  However you're just as likely to get the team that beat Kanas as the team that lost to winless in the SEC Vanderbilt with Arizona State.