Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

(11) ASU vs. (6) #15 UB - NCAA First Round (3/22 at 3:50 PM)

Kevin

14 minutes ago, UBminicre said:

No - We just have too much depth at guard for him to get minutes.

I don’t disagree. Again his time will come. Also a big reason you didn’t see him was bc our guards didn’t get into foul trouble. 

Speaking of freshman Williams had very solid minutes in the first half. A big 3 point play that spark the first half run. 

• Like 1

Hurley brought the winning attitude we needed, the one that didnt try to win by 1, (and therefore opened us up to crushing upset after crushing fluke upset) and we became a team that tried to win by 50.

Everything I saw this week was about how Oats and Hurley share the high compete level, although Oats isn't as demonstrative as Hurley, they both want to win big all the time. We owe Hurley big for teaching us how to win and bringing winners, especially Oats, to Buffalo.

• Like 2

This was the game I envisioned but was obviously still nervous about the execution.

Bad ASU team and a UB team that is just far better rest or no rest. Love how easy it was. Cake walk. Almost like a scrimmage.

Onto Texas Tech. Should be a far more exciting game and looks like all the Bulls are in their March mode. 

I was a touch worried about how Harris started the game, as if he had reverted to his MAC season shooting struggles, but he finished the game very nicely.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

This was the game I envisioned but was obviously still nervous about the execution.

Bad ASU team and a UB team that is just far better rest or no rest. Love how easy it was. Cake walk. Almost like a scrimmage.

Onto Texas Tech. Should be a far more exciting game and looks like all the Bulls are in their March mode. 

I was a touch worried about how Harris started the game, as if he had reverted to his MAC season shooting struggles, but he finished the game very nicely.

Great game...re Harris - I’m still worried. I don’t remember any shots of his last year that hit the side of the backboard or didn’t hit anything at all. I hope on Sunday he’s shooting like he did later in the game today.

Another concern: Assist/Turnover today wasn’t so hot. Partly due to the Bulls’ freewheeling lack of abandon once they built the 20+ point lead. OTOH the rebounding was HUGE!

Edited by squire17

5 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Great game...re Harris - I’m still worried. I don’t remember any shots of his last year that hit the side of the backboard or didn’t hit anything at all. I hope on Sunday he’s shooting like he did later in the game today.

I mean he shot 50% from the floor. 3-7 from 3. Posted a double double. I’ll sign up for a repeat of that Sunday.

• Like 3