Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

(11) ASU vs. (6) #15 UB - NCAA First Round (3/22 at 3:50 PM)

Kevin

37 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Great game...re Harris - I’m still worried. I don’t remember any shots of his last year that hit the side of the backboard or didn’t hit anything at all. I hope on Sunday he’s shooting like he did later in the game today.

Harris was great today minus the sloppy turnovers. You can't ask for more than a double double. 

The Bulls' record vs. teams from Arizona in the tournament is pretty crisp.

I was worried by how this game started.  Arizona State did what I thought they'd do - attack inside.  They had the size advantage, and UB couldn't do much but watch them blow by a few times.  On the other end, a couple CJ three's kept it close.  Then the Sun Devils' shots stopped dropping, their big guys had to sit with foul trouble, the Bulls were getting turnovers, and grew a lead.  Huhley called a couple timeouts to try to stop the bleeding but he could only watch it go down.  More of the same in the second half.  The stat I couldn't believe: UB out-rebounded them 42-26. Given the size disparity inside, this tells me the Bulls put in the work and positioned themselves well.  The Bulls shot a little over 50 percent, they made a little over their average on three's, and there you go, a win.

Perkins - got stuffed early, and I thought oh no this is bad, he's not going to be able to play like he usually does, they're too big. But he got going.  Made some nice mid range jumpers.
CJ - as I said, a couple early three's that kept it even
Harris - some good outside shots, some bad ones, some very nice drives to the hoop
Williams - a really smooth bucket and got the foul in the first half
Davonta - a couple nice drives to the net
Graves - played his tough game.  Made some threes, rebounds, a tough drive and foul in the second half

Arizona State - they wanted to run with the Bulls but as the shots weren't dropping, they couldn't stop the bleeding.  I expected a closer game today.  Chew on it, Hurley.

I have to admit, I watched more of the women's game in the second half as this one was no longer a contest and that one was close.  What a life we're living!

Edited by enrique14150

2 hours ago, MKBullsfan said:

Nice win. Anyone have an idea about the exact game time for Sunday? 

2 hours ago, MDBullsfan89 said:

We should know by the end of the last games tonight. Times for tomorrow's games were announced late last night.

If the men's game is far enough away from the women's, I'm going to drive to Storrs. Best case would be before or after so we could watch the men at the UB HQ bar in Storrs. (Grille 86)

• xDerekRx unpinned and pinned this topic
12 hours ago, weareub46 said:

Thanks for the link to the postgame presser but I haven’t seen any video of buffalo entering the locker room after the game. Has anyone seen this? Was there any kind of celebration?

Don’t think so. We were standing at the tunnel and watched the players go in. Looked pretty subdued, sorta like they had just won a conference game that they were supposed to win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sportscliche said:

Don’t think so. We were standing at the tunnel and watched the players go in. Looked pretty subdued, sorta like they had just won a conference game that they were supposed to win.

Thanks. I’m hoping that means they knew there is still work to be done and they’re staying focused 

• Jeseph unpinned this topic