Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Big 4 Update: Buffalo deserved a 5, will be just fine with 6

LINK: Big 4 Update: Buffalo will be fine despite being under-seeded

I'll say this once to get it off my chest, Buffalo was under-seeded.

There's no debate about it!

But, none of that matters now. The Bulls have a favorable first round matchup regardless of who wins the Arizona State/St. John's matchup. I am worried about Texas Tech in the second round. They're a very talented, defensive oriented team.

I detail the upcoming NCAA Tournament and more in my weekly Big 4 Update.

The debate is really between a 5 or a 6. I think it was probably very close between us and Marquette. In fact I kinda like not having the 5/12 game against Murray State. So in the end the result doesn't bother me. Maybe only from a "would have been fun to see us with the highest seed we could get next to our name" perspective. But practically speaking don't really care.

I mean could've been worse you could have been a ranked St Marys team last year and not get a spot at all.

There is actually this part of me that thinks UB might have gotten a 6 even had they lost the MAC tournament as weird as they may sound. Just from eyeing the bracket. Instead of high 6, maybe a 5, we would have been a weaker 6 in their eyes. But I don't doubt the committee might have still shaded in favor of a potential Oats/Hurley matchup either way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

In fact I kinda like not having the 5/12 game against Murray State. So in the end the result doesn't bother me.

I agree.  I think Murray State is a tough matchup.  If their star gets hot it will be tough.  Of course, Marquette also has a star that can get hot.  Would love to see a shootout between them.

5 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

I agree.  I think Murray State is a tough matchup.  If their star gets hot it will be tough.  Of course, Marquette also has a star that can get hot.  Would love to see a shootout between them.

Yeah its a crazy matchup that I feel the committee also thought about. 2 teams with guys that could go for 35+ each in that game.

2 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

And 15th in that little ranking system the committee seemed to just disregard, just like the RPI system before that.

it seems like the use of net was focused a lot on q1, rather than overall.  

net is explicitly just one factor for them to inform their seedings, just like rpi, and neither has ever, ever been the main factor.  people need to stop getting hung up on it.  

8 hours ago, ed said:

it seems like the use of net was focused a lot on q1, rather than overall.  

net is explicitly just one factor for them to inform their seedings, just like rpi, and neither has ever, ever been the main factor.  people need to stop getting hung up on it.  

Do agree. The chair person explained that a number of times that the net is just one factor in making their selections. Go Bulls!!!!