Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Women's NCAA seeding

rma

4 hours ago, UBigbobby said:

Also, UNC made the tournament as a 9 seed despite having a record of 18-14 including a losing record of 4-7 on the road.  They made it...as a 9 seed.  Ohio got left out as a 34 RPI.  As usual, the men's bracket looks downright sensible and well reasoned as opposed to the non-nonsensical cluster that is the women's committee.

I still do not understand how UB as a 6 seed and the most wins in the country can’t be put in a bracket closer to home?? The women being put in the bracket with UConn and Louisville and to top it off both teams playing at the same time and same day???? The women’s chair person was stumbling and never could answer seeding questions from the ESPN panel that made any sense to me. They all come across like they care about mid majors and the like but they are so biased toward the power conferences that it is sickening especially with her reasons for having  Tennessee in the field.At any rate looking forward to wins by our teams. Go Bulls!!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John said:

I still do not understand how UB as a 6 seed and the most wins in the country can’t be put in a bracket closer to home?? The women being put in the bracket with UConn and Louisville and to top it off both teams playing at the same time and same day???? The women’s chair person was stumbling and never could answer seeding questions from the ESPN panel that made any sense to me. They all come across like they care about mid majors and the like but they are so biased toward the power conferences that it is sickening especially with her reasons for having  Tennessee in the field.At any rate looking forward to wins by our teams. Go Bulls!!!!

Honestly, each of the last two times the women have been to the dance it's been similar.  The women's bracket is always a mess that often makes little sense.  The men's bracket can actually be predicted fairly well because the committee is, for better or worse, rather predictable in how they operate and most decisions are understandable.  The women's bracket though is like throwing darts at a dartboard.  I have no idea how they come up with it.

Do not expect the full game to be on ESPN2.  They usually do wrap around coverage and skip from game to game.  Check the full schedule to see what other games are being played then.  To see the full game you will have to stream from ESPN, not sure if it will ESPN3 or ESPN+ or it may be on DIrectv on the  channels starting at 788, as the South Florida and Florida State games were last year.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:57 PM, BrooklynBull said:

Do not expect the full game to be on ESPN2.  They usually do wrap around coverage and skip from game to game.  Check the full schedule to see what other games are being played then.  To see the full game you will have to stream from ESPN, not sure if it will ESPN3 or ESPN+ or it may be on DIrectv on the  channels starting at 788, as the South Florida and Florida State games were last year.

The full women's game without any wrap around coverage will be on channel 788 on Directv.