Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Pretty Sure I'm Dreaming, But Don't Wake Me Up

30 minutes ago, UB85 said:

It was certainly written from the perspective of "Buffalo...you may be good now...but don't forget the MAC has a history much longer than you've been good".  While they did mention UB's ranking, they didn't mention how long they've been ranked and its significance historically.  They also didn't put UB's gaudy record into MAC history perspective.  It was mainly focused on the history of the other teams.  And even with that, it was wrong.  For example, it says that  "All but one coach on that list (the late Larry Hunter) left for greener pastures at the first opportunity"  This isn't true.  Dambrot was wined and dined, seemingly, every year while at Akron.  He was there 13 years!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RochBull said:

Rochester area sports talk is very much the same. Basically Bills or general NFL 24x7. Even the Sabres tend to be on the backburner. All of a sudden the hosts talk a ton about Syracuse this time of year and then forgotten the rest of the year.

A little off topic  and I get that most people are most interested in the Bills and Sabres but come on the worst show ever is listening to the Instigators in July and August. Give some of these other teams some mention. And a side note WGR barely takes callers anymore. We freaking know what the hosts think the only thing remotely interesting anymore is the occasional caller. End rant.

4 hours ago, UB92 said:

It was certainly written from the perspective of "Buffalo...you may be good now...but don't forget the MAC has a history much longer than you've been good".  While they did mention UB's ranking, they didn't mention how long they've been ranked and its significance historically.  They also didn't put UB's gaudy record into MAC history perspective.  It was mainly focused on the history of the other teams.  And even with that, it was wrong.  For example, it says that  "All but one coach on that list (the late Larry Hunter) left for greener pastures at the first opportunity"  This isn't true.  Dambrot was wined and dined, seemingly, every year while at Akron.  He was there 13 years!  

As I drunkedly walked in the Q for the final game, a Bowling Green fan started some banter with our group (which some on this board were part of too). Which was nothing of harm or anything, but he said something and his response was hilarious. He said, "Buffalo should lose it is better for the MAC to have two teams go into the league." My response, "I don't care about the MAC, I want a better seed." The guy was dumbfounded. He turned to his friend, "You hear that, he doesn't care about the MAC."

Why do people have such an allegiance to the MAC? I guess I see the MAC  as a stepping stone for what we can accomplish long term. Are we in it now? Yes. Do I want it competitive? Yes. Do I want to stay in it forever? No.  

UB Recruiting tweeted that UB is one of only 13 schools that went to a bowl game, women's tournament, and men's tournament this year.  The others?

Baylor, Mississippi State, Auburn, Kentucky, Iowa, Iowa State, Syracuse, Arizona State, UCF, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon, 

20 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

UB Recruiting tweeted that UB is one of only 13 schools that went to a bowl game, women's tournament, and men's tournament this year.  The others?

Baylor, Mississippi State, Auburn, Kentucky, Iowa, Iowa State, Syracuse, Arizona State, UCF, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon, 

Pretty good company to keep with