Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

March Madness Games Thread

xDerekRx

Two of my favorite days of the year! First 2 of the NCAA tournament. Best perk of working for myself has always literally been having these two days open. Although I always think its fun for those of you with desk jobs  with all the streaming games on one of your monitors. Always seemed like fun.

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

OT: This is a petty complaint but I don't think teams should get an NCAA Tournament appearance/win for the play-in game. You aren't "in the field" until you win that game...

Agree 100%.  Isn't that why they call it a "play in"?  If you win, you're in the Tourney.

3 hours ago, xDerekRx said:

Two of my favorite days of the year! First 2 of the NCAA tournament. Best perk of working for myself has always literally been having these two days open. Although I always think its fun for those of you with desk jobs  with all the streaming games on one of your monitors. Always seemed like fun.

That's what I'm doing.  Since I have my own office it doesn't matter but the March Madness stream on CBS still has the Boss Button.  Always cracks me up to see that.

3 hours ago, Jeseph said:

OT: This is a petty complaint but I don't think teams should get an NCAA Tournament appearance/win for the play-in game. You aren't "in the field" until you win that game...

Im the same way. I don't count this as a win. its not the same.

Like had UBs first tournament win been one of these play ins, I still wouldn't have given us credit until the Arizona victory.

4 minutes ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Belmont and New Mexico State came oh so close. I had both of them winning.

Two very good games on how outcomes come down to free throws missed in the New Mexico State game and the Belmont game is another case of poor coaching decisions of waiting for the last shot. Belmont had something  like 24 seconds left trailing by one with the last shot and waited to start their offensive play with 10 seconds to play. Their guard started his drive was double teamed and never got a shot off or a good pass off. Do not understand why most of the coaches don’t start their offensive sets and try and get the defense to have to react to you. I would really like to see the stats overall the year where teams with the last shot wait until 10 seconds left and wither tied or won the game. Hope that does not come to that in our games. Go Bulls!!!!

Shouldn’t UB just put a spy inside Liberty U.  Clearly they have unlimited money for recruiting and have to look under every rock.  Let them do the work and just swoop in at the end and take the player.  Worked with K Mack.  We could save some major $$$ on recruiting.  No one actually wants to get a diploma from a school that teaches the earth is 6K years old.