Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

(6) #15 UB vs (3) #9 Texas Tech - NCAA Second Round (3/24 6:10 EST)

Kevin

I’m really looking forward to this game. TTU is a great team as reflected by its #9 AP ranking and #3 seed. But the thing that gives me great hope for another win is how our guys reacted throughout the ASU game. They fully expected to win. There weren’t any of the wild celebrations that accompanied last years rout or Arizona. These guys are determined. They are all business. And they throttled ASU who beat many good teams this year. Go Bulls!!

Edited by UB85

11 minutes ago, UBminicre said:

I think our keys to the game are essentially always the same:

1) Attack the entire game

2) Cause turnovers

3) Stay out of foul trouble

Sounds right. 

They are the best team defensively in the country. This could be interesting. 

My biggest fear in this game will be that we will essentially be a road team. TT fans travel very well. So the crowd could be against us. Other than that it’s abkut which team imposes their style. We play good defense they play great defense. They play good offense we play great offense. Something has to give.

• Like 1

• Jeseph pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, UB85 said:

A very interesting synopsis of UB. Experience and balanced scoring but I lost track of how they were ranked in rebounding in the country. I think rebounding is the most important part of the game. Even if you are not shooting great rebounding the ball on both ends can overcome some other areas you are struggling in. The other biggie is defense. How many games this year were won when we locked down on the defensive end. Go Bulls!!!!

1 hour ago, pottier25 said:

A tough game for sure coming up but imagine being able to talk Sweet 16 for 4 or 5 more days? And I'm sure Nate will have a game plan that gives us a great chance of winning. He is a terrific coach (not new news).

I want that sweet sixteen so bad so I can see my Bulls live here in LA. 

I'm still putting my place up for anyone that comes out for the games here in Anaheim.

Like UBigbobby, I was smiling on my ride to work this morning as two dudes who I don't even know were talking UB basketball for 30 minutes on 550 radio. I couldn't help but laugh as these guys are so not used to talking hoops and smile because GR was wall to wall UB basketball. They did a pretty good job, just missing the insights we all know and would share.