Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

(6) #15 UB vs (3) #9 Texas Tech - NCAA Second Round (3/24 6:10 EST)

Kevin

42 minutes ago, pottier25 said:

UB a 3.5 point underdog. Certainly a toss up as far as bball goes.

Fair spread for this game. TT is considered a very strong 3 seed and more so a home game almost. I like the respect.

Im not scared of TT. Even though ASU was junk yesterday, we still showed off our defense and how aggressive our guards are. Perkins looks ready to go and Harris found it as the game went a long. I feel we are so balanced and deep and everyone is in March mode.

12 minutes ago, UB85 said:

Like UBigbobby, I was smiling on my ride to work this morning as two dudes who I don't even know were talking UB basketball for 30 minutes on 550 radio. I couldn't help but laugh as these guys are so not used to talking hoops and smile because GR was wall to wall UB basketball. They did a pretty good job, just missing the insights we all know and would share. 

NIce to see GR jumping on the bandwagon. I remember years and years ago the Sabres and Bills were the talk of the town but alas how can anyone talk about the Sabres and just hoping all the players the Bills picked up will somehow turn out to be good players. We are talking proud about our UB teams and more and more fans are joining in, Go Bulls!!!!!

1 hour ago, UB85 said:

What’s the best/quickest way there, cab, Uber, public transport etc.? 

Public transport, you'd be taking the flyaway (or shuttle to light rail) to Union Station, then transferring to metro rail.  Definitely not the fastest. 

Cab and Uber would obviously be comparable. 

There are also supershuttles (and alternatives), along with Disney shuttles. 

Me, I'd rent a car.

Why lax instead of sna? That much cheaper? Also consider long beach - jet blue flies there, so might be relatively inexpensive. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ed said:

Public transport, you'd be taking the flyaway (or shuttle to light rail) to Union Station, then transferring to metro rail.  Definitely not the fastest. 

Me, I'd rent a car.

Why lax instead of sna? That much cheaper? Also consider long beach - jet blue flies there, so might be relatively inexpensive. 

Family is in San Diego 

2 hours ago, ed said:

Me, I'd rent a car.

Long Beach is definitely closer, but probably like $200 more.

SNA is definitely a good option. Closer and about as cheap as LAX

Edited by ubmae86

2 hours ago, UB85 said:

Family is in San Diego 

LAX is further from san than long beach and sna both. 

Where you thinking of staying? If you really don't want to rent a car, I think the Disneyland express may be your best option. 

The major shared shuttle is super shuttle. I hate that thing. 

Edited by ed

25 minutes ago, ed said:

LAX is further from san than long beach and sna both. 

Where you thinking of staying? If you really don't want to rent a car, I think the Disneyland express may be your best option. 

The major shared shuttle is super shuttle. I hate that thing. 

Thx for the tip. I’ve stayed at the Airport Marriott. 

It’s not that I don’t think we can play with anyone in the nation but this is going to be a MUCH more difficult game than yesterday. TT is no joke although they are coming off a loss to WVU not so long ago. 

I think our experience and balanced scoring attack will be key. We saw today teams like Murray state get knocked because they only have that one player. We’ve seen throughout the season that anybody can step up. Even better, it felt like there was no one person that stepped up against ASU it was just a really complete team. Everyone got in on the action. Hoping we can take a deep breath and play our game and not get caught up in the hype of a sweet 16 berth looming. 

All that being said I’m still already nervous as #!?+ 

let’s go bulls we know you can do this 

I still think most of us are still underestimating UB. We won at Syracuse by double digits and Cuse won at Duke and they hung with Carolina at Carolina. Cuse was also pretty good in the ACC.  Pretty much blew out  the Hurleys who had some good wins and close losses against good competition. While all the #1 seeds would scare me I believe we are right there with every other team. Anything can happen.  

Edited by pottier25

Some folks on the TT board think UB is full of themselves and have no respect for Big12 basketball.  Not sure which press quotes they are referring to.  But whatever,  this will be tougher than any MAC opponent. I think we all know that and the players too.  But everyone has to feel confident otherwise you lose the game before you even step on the court 

41 minutes ago, clodney said:

This feels like Kentucky last year all over again. People are talking about flights to LA and saying they aren’t scared of a top-10 basketball team. I hope our team isn’t thinking the same way. 

That’s nonsense. As the person who posted about a flight to LA I prefaced that with a BIG IF. I like our chances better this year because of the guys reaction this year compared to last. They’re clearly in the moment, recognize they have a once in a lifetime opportunity, are focused and realize they have a tough opponent last game and will again tonight. You could see it during the entire second half. No excessive celebration. Just all business. They will fight tooth and nail for 40 minutes or however long the game is. It may not be enough but at the end of the game the one thing we will not question is their effort. If we’ve seen anything this year we’ve seen that even when they haven’t had their A game. And who gives a flying F what TT fans think anyway? They’ve had a great year and have a great team. They’ll have to play well to beat us. And we’ll have to do likewise to beat them. So enough of this tepidness and BULLIEVE! You get absolutely no where without belief and faith. Beat Tech!!! Go Bulls!!!!! 

Edited by UB85

20 hours ago, UB85 said:

Like UBigbobby, I was smiling on my ride to work this morning as two dudes who I don't even know were talking UB basketball for 30 minutes on 550 radio. I couldn't help but laugh as these guys are so not used to talking hoops and smile because GR was wall to wall UB basketball. They did a pretty good job, just missing the insights we all know and would share. 

I heard a Shredd and Ragan clip where they were giving UB basketball players nicknames.  They gave one to Harris and another to a current bench player that hasn't played a minute yet.  Even though they have no idea what they're talking about it's nice to hear stuff like this on the radio.

• Like 2

Date Rk Opponent Result     Location Record Conf  
Tue Nov 6 25 346 Incarnate Word W, 87-37 68   Home 1-0    
Fri Nov 9 21 350 Mississippi Valley St. W, 84-52 63   Home 2-0    
Tue Nov 13 22 233 Southeastern Louisiana W, 59-40 67   Home 3-0    
Mon Nov 19 25 82 USC W, 78-63 71   Neutral 4-0   b.gif
Tue Nov 20 20 43 Nebraska W, 70-52 66   Neutral 5-0   a.gif
Sat Nov 24 14 192 Northern Colorado W, 93-62 69   Home 6-0    
Sat Dec 1 10 62 Memphis W, 78-67 75   Neutral 7-0   b.gif
Wed Dec 5 10 316 Arkansas Pine Bluff W, 65-47 67   Home 8-0    
Wed Dec 12 12 341 Northwestern St. W, 79-44 70   Home 9-0    
Sat Dec 15 12 152 Abilene Christian W, 82-48 65   Home 10-0    
Thu Dec 20 9 3 Duke L, 69-58 82   Neutral 10-1   a.gif
Fri Dec 28 10 173 UT Rio Grande Valley W, 71-46 66   Home 11-1  

‘This is who TT beat (and lost to Duke) out of conference. Wicked. Then it played and won the regular season title before losing to W Virginia in the B12 tourney. But TT regrouped and won its first March Madness game against N Kentucky. I hope that UB treats this as every other opponent and not some supernatural Godzilla. Buffalo can definitely win today. Go Bulls!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, admin said:

Thanks for posting. My take on the written word, is that our guys believe in themselves and their team. Coach Beard while throwing a lot of verbal bouquets is quite confident of getting the W tonight.