Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

(10) UB women vs (2) UConn Sunday 3/24 7pm ESPN2

• Jeseph pinned this topic
9 minutes ago, Kevin said:

How in the world did Uconn get a 2 beating Baylor and only have 2 losses? 

Am I missing something? 

They lost to the two top teams in the polls and are in a very weak conference and have won games this year that have been closer than usual. Nice for a change to see UCONN not the best team in the land. Go Bulls!!!!

7 hours ago, weareub46 said:

Wait a minute how is UConn a 2 seed and this is LITERALLY a home game?? That seems super unfair 

The first and second rounds are played at the highest seed in the group. Last year we played an away game at FSU and blew them out.

4 hours ago, rma said:

The first and second rounds are played at the highest seed in the group. Last year we played an away game at FSU and blew them out.

That’s pretty crazy. I like the men’s version where the top seed is usually close by to their home town but whatever. If UCONN underestimates us they’re gunna have a bad time. GO BULLS

The women played even  (57 to 57) basketball with UCONN on their home court over the final 30 minutes of the game. That's one amazing feat. They showed so much heart out there. They owe no one anything considering the season that they had, after losing a great senior class last year. Sweet 16 then round of 32 and playing UCONN evenly in that? Damn, that's impressive.

• Like 2

Additionally, a greatly undersized UB team out-rebounded UCONN (a team that starts a 5'11, 6'1, 6'1 and 6'3). Impressive showing, especially once they got their nerves out and started playing UB basketball. Such a great season by them. It will be a hard pill to swallow knowing that there is no more UB basketball this season after all the excitement and joy that they brought to so many these last 5 months.

55 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

While we will end up losing this game what a valiant effort by the women. Got down big time but battled back against almighty UCONN on the road and have given them a challenge. Incredible effort in defeat. Great season for the women. They continue to lead the way. 

UConn opened the door for us to close the gap late, going ice cold. Unfortunately UB didn't take advantage. Still a great year. Take a bow, ladies.

I was ready to leave Santora's before the men's game was over.  Many people did.  The women kept chipping away at the lead.  By the time the men's game was over, the ladies had turned their game into something very close.  CD went down and the team kept on going.  CD then went back in and gave it all she had.

This is the closest game UConn had at home to an unranked team since 2012.  The fight in these ladies is unreal.  I cannot wait to see what CD does in the WNBA and what this team does next.

• Jeseph unpinned this topic
9 hours ago, rma said:

I was ready to leave Santora's before the men's game was over.  Many people did.  The women kept chipping away at the lead.  By the time the men's game was over, the ladies had turned their game into something very close.  CD went down and the team kept on going.  CD then went back in and gave it all she had.

This is the closest game UConn had at home to an unranked team since 2012.  The fight in these ladies is unreal.  I cannot wait to see what CD does in the WNBA and what this team does next.

I was in my living room with the big flatscreen on the men's game and the small kitchen TV tuned to the ladies game. At the men's game half I switched - and never switched back. The girls were magnificent in their zeal and energy and toughness. Coach Jack has built a program based on sound basketball and positivity. Can't wait for next season. Go Bulls! 

17 hours ago, rma said:

Do agree. CD in the WNBA!!! Will have to catch some of her games and will be interesting to see which team she ends up on. Just a great job be Coach Jack and the entire coaching staff. Our family thought this year could be a middle of the road team with the loss of 3/4 of the starting lineup. To outrebound UCONN is very impressive. They had 3/4 trips where they came up empty being down only about 10 points that could of proved very interesting. What a great ride and can’t wait to see what Coach Jack cooks up for next year. Have not seen who she has coming in next year and how she can replace Dillard with her scoring and leadership. Go Bullls!!!!