Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

2019-2020 Roster

Kevin

I have to be honest, those players (and coaches) who remain from this past season + any of the players who don't pull an Andre Allen, I will support even more strongly than in the past. They will have shown that UB means a lot to them by staying and not seeking something "better". I am becoming more hopeful that there is less turnover in the roster than 36-48 hours ago. Hopefully that's not just the fan inside me doing the hope, but instead a good feeling that will be proven true.

29 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

I have to be honest, those players (and coaches) who remain from this past season + any of the players who don't pull an Andre Allen, I will support even more strongly than in the past. They will have shown that UB means a lot to them by staying and not seeking something "better". I am becoming more hopeful that there is less turnover in the roster than 36-48 hours ago. Hopefully that's not just the fan inside me doing the hope, but instead a good feeling that will be proven true.

Perk stayed (partially due to Oats but whatever) and he's a top scorer in UB history.  I'd argue he probably would be the top scorer if there wasn't this "Christian Jalon" guy with one D1 offer who decided to join the team.  (Side note wow Nick's recruiting profile pic on 247!)

2942246.jpg?fit=crop&width=100

Maybe we'll hit it big again.

Although I have no clue what is going on behind the scenes, I commend Whitsell and others for keeping the roster entirely intact at the moment.

Sure recruits will leave because they really have nothing keeping them here like an established player, but the core roster is still very very very good. 

Most of the names rumored for the HC job have good recruiting credentials and big program clout... between that and if the current players stay, I think the transitional dropoff will not be that large if at all. 

I feel like once the new coach gets named we will see a lot of movement. That will come in th form of recruits and transfers (both in and out of the program).

I bet the current players don’t want to leave before they know the next coach. They would want to meet him first to learn about his personality and play style.

6 hours ago, SGBull said:

I feel like once the new coach gets named we will see a lot of movement. That will come in th form of recruits and transfers (both in and out of the program).

I bet the current players don’t want to leave before they know the next coach. They would want to meet him first to learn about his personality and play style.

That’s what I’m really hoping for. At least give the new guy a chance to win them over. On the bright side, Alabama’s roster is filling up so that lessens the chance of a Shannon Evans situation

5 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

No just curious. We had an 8 man rotation in tracksuits on the bench all year, just curious if we might be able to scrounge a 10th man from that group.

A couple of the track suits were transfers, Johnson and Grant. If they play we’ll be just fine

2 hours ago, UB05 said:

A couple of the track suits were transfers, Johnson and Grant. If they play we’ll be just fine

Of course. I'm talking Moultrie, Moore, and Bivins. Also, we might need Dom Johnson for some actual minutes if he isn't taking snaps.

11 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Of course. I'm talking Moultrie, Moore, and Bivins. Also, we might need Dom Johnson for some actual minutes if he isn't taking snaps.

It might have been the Perk suspension game but there was a game this year where he played non-trivial minutes but didn't score.  Didn't look bad.

Edited by rma
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Battle of Bull Run said:

Javon Graves posted some highlight footage to his Instagram today, not sure if we should read into this or not.  Somebody is taking the time to edit some footage of him together.  Harris posted something similar recently, but obviously makes sense for him.  I hope I am looking at this the wrong way.

It was posted by UB's video guy. I think you're looking into it too much. Pretty sure they do them for everybody every year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

All good sign.

most worried about Jordan still TBH

Certainly isn’t anything concrete, but Jordan was retweeting and liking all the posts announcing and congratulating Whitesell getting the promotion. Appears as if he’s at least happy with the decision. 

53 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Certainly isn’t anything concrete, but Jordan was retweeting and liking all the posts announcing and congratulating Whitesell getting the promotion. Appears as if he’s at least happy with the decision. 

Jordan is good.. I've heard he is rehabbing a minor injury, which is why he isn't practicing.

1 hour ago, MKBullsfan said:

What’s the deadline to officially sign and commit to play for next season? All these players in the transfer portal should have a deadline to make their minds up.

Plenty of time. May 15th all LOI must be signed.