Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Speculation

17 minutes ago, admin said:

I’ll take down my tweet. I tweeted at 10:11pm and he tweeted at 10:44pm. 30 minutes later. Coincidence? 

Sounds like I was misinformed. Sorry. 

Very odd timing, although I feel like there had to more pressure on him to address this outside of your tweet alone?

15 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Spoke with Segu.

He is excited about the new coach and seems to be in good spirits. He has enough confidence that he'll work with any coach. 

For now, we save one of UB's top recruits ever.

Did he mention how the other players on the team are feeling?

17 minutes ago, SGBull said:

Did he mention how the other players on the team are feeling?

He did not, kept to about him, but I also did ask if I could have an interview. I'm assuming ill have something next week with him, I'd be a good read for the fans.

52 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Spoke with Segu.

He is excited about the new coach and seems to be in good spirits. He has enough confidence that he'll work with any coach. 

Good to hear. I think most of us see he's a star personality and a great piece in a winning MAC lineup.

7 hours ago, Kevin said:

Spoke with Segu.

I pick up a real good vibe from Segu. He appears to be all about team. We sat behind the UB bench in Tulsa for the ASU game and — despite his non-existent minutes — was probably the biggest cheerleader, waving his arms trying to pump up the crowd. Team before personal glory — exactly the kind of player the departed coaching staff would have recruited.

Talk about a high-achieving organization with a single point of failure.  Unplug the key person (HC) and it all unravels pretty quickly.  Really tragic considering all the time and energy that went into building it.  Not sure what the solution is -- UB Is not the first and won't be the last -- except to caution about not getting too emotionally invested in events and circumstances over which you have absolutely no control. Looks like the new HC will have quite a project on his hands. Wonder if interest from the WNY community will fade during the rebuilding years ahead.