Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Speculation

31 minutes ago, UBminicre said:

I have no issue with speculation and am happy to entertain it. I clearly acknowledged that in my first response. I am just telling you why I disagree. Rather than explaining why I am wrong, you moved to personal attacks on the stats I put up and asked me why I was mad (when I am certainly not). Judging from your last spat (that I was not involved with), its obvious that this is your MO. Good to know. 

Btw, speculation is fine but saying "definite possibility" makes no sense. 

Anyhow, I will patiently wait for you to actually debunk my reasoning for why your rationale doesn't hold up. 

Sunday Games - How many players did the team play?

Duke - 7 players with one of them only getting 9 minutes

UCF - 8 players with one of them only getting 6 minutes

OK - 8 players with one of them only getting 2 minutes

Virginia - 8 players with one of them only getting 2 minutes

TENN - 9 players with 2 of them getting 3 and 5 minutes

Iowa - 9 players with 1 of them getting 4 minutes

Need I go on?? Or do you dislike when people give you reasons against your speculation?

Whoa just take it easy man 

1 minute ago, 961819 said:

Whoa just take it easy man 

Why are you telling me to take it easy? You posted an entire thread on speculation. I am responding with facts and you are telling me to take it easy. Makes no sense. How about you just launch threads in an empty forum so you can speculate to yourself, cause you obviously don't like when people respond. 

This hits particularly hard because of the big senior class leaving.  They were the glue in the lockerroom.  Without them and now without Oats, why wouldn't Graves and Jordan explore turning their success into a spot on a P5 team?  Why wouldn't Segu and Jeenathan look elsewhere?  They can to compete at a high, national level, and it's obvious the program is going to need to seriously reload and probably be pretty bad for a year or two at least.

Edited by UBigbobby

. A lot of the things we loved about Oats are working against us now. He was a take no prisoners type of guy super competitive, and ruthless. Great when on your side. He's not on our side anymore. This might suck. He has stated he would walk into living rooms and tell parents what other ranked teams are recruiting you son? 

Now he can tell Hawkins you thought Buffalo was nice check out 'Bama. He could recruit some current Bulls players. But then again he might realize they are not cut for P5 and not do anything. 

10 hours ago, dutchcountry7 said:

That’s because Oats gave recruits the same line he gave all UB fans “I am not going anywhere and we are going to be the next Gonzaga.”

All while he was talking to other schools. 

Sadly we as passionate fans bought all that Nate was selling.Sadly even the people that we think are intelligent have a common sense and they think they are more important because of all the praise and accolades that are reaped on them have none. All of these coaches if they lose their jobs should become car salesmen because as they say there is a sucker born everyday.

6 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I thought we were in the clear for this off season. We knew he would move on at some point. I thought it was going to be after next season at the earliest. 

I thought next year was his year to go. 

Didn't want to ruin his stock, it's like declaring for the NFL draft as a RS Sophomore. 

Just now, Kevin said:

I thought next year was his year to go. 

Didn't want to ruin his stock, it's like declaring for the NFL draft as a RS Sophomore. 

I thought the opposite.  I was sure he was leaving this year but if he actually returned, I thought that meant he would actually stay for the long term.

Next year was going to be a down year even with him.  This was the time to make the jump.  He is hot right now.  After a down year next year he wouldn't be in as much demand.

It seemed like the general consensus last season at this time was "why would he leave now with 5 seniors on the roster next year." I think we all knew he was likely gone after they graduated. We would have been in a perpetual state of "one more year" if we had our way. Sure we had reason to hope he'd stick around based on his comments this season and the contract extension, but he could have stayed 8 years and I'm sure we would have felt let down if he bolted then.

There's going to be transfers and it's going to suck, but we've been through this before. Buffalo is a mid-major name program now and we can reload. 

I will say one thing: Cleveland didn't feel special this year - it felt expected. It's awesome to have an amazing team who is the heavy favorite but this is sports and we are fans and adversity makes things more exciting.