Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

The Search for a New Head Coach

Jeseph

1 minute ago, xDerekRx said:

Im with Trojan on this one. Hodgson has to look out for himself. Oats is nice and taken care of but Bryan has to fly with him and keep close. He wants at worst that AC job for 275k. If UB hires someone else and he doesn't at least stay close to Oats, he ends up unemployed and in a very weird spot. I think Hodgson would prefer the HC job here. This all seems very transparent.

Where has HE said he wants the head coach job. We had some backhanded comment from Oats on it so far. 

Just now, Kevin said:

Where has HE said he wants the head coach job. We had some backhanded comment from Oats on it so far. 

Ive been under the impression that he will be given a shot at the job or an interview. Forgot which reporter hinted at that.

Just now, xDerekRx said:

Ive been under the impression that he will be given a shot at the job or an interview. Forgot which reporter hinted at that.

We've heard that he will get an interview but we haven't heard anything on where Bryan stands on it. 

19 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

You're just mad, and throwing a tantrum and calling out people's character unfairly. 

What am I mad about? Didn't we establish this is business and not personal? I know and have met Bryan many times, he's fed us many bits of info and quite frankly, we would benefit from him becoming the coach. So you need to step off that rhetoric. I'm looking at this as if I'm Mark Alnutt in this discussion. I have no idea how disagreeing with you is throwing a tantrum. 

8 minutes ago, Kevin said:

He’s been liking twitter posts suggesting he should become UBs head coach

1 minute ago, UB05 said:

He’s been liking twitter posts suggesting he should become UBs head coach

Those "likes" (he likes anything he's tagged in) were all form 20+ hours when the news first broke and prior to leaving for Alabama and presumably being offered a job there.

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Those "likes" (he likes anything he's tagged in) were all form 20+ hours when the news first broke and prior to leaving for Alabama and presumably being offered a job there.

This isn’t true. First, he always had the Alabama job (he got on the damn private jet lol) and second, he was liking posts after he landed based on time stamps. I honestly won’t care if we end up with someone else but I 100% believe he takes the UB job if offered. Oats himself has stated he’s waiting on the interview 

2 minutes ago, UB05 said:

This isn’t true. First, he always had the Alabama job (he got on the damn private jet lol) and second, he was liking posts after he landed based on time stamps. I honestly won’t care if we end up with someone else but I 100% believe he takes the UB job if offered. Oats himself has stated he’s waiting on the interview 

I don't think the firm argument is if he would/wouldn't take the job. I would have liked him to personally express his interest by staying in the town and interviewing for a big HC job. I can't argue where he places the jobs because no one actually knows.

He to me made an initial decision that he wasn't sure if he'd get the job and I wonder if that's from the initial designation from Whitesell. For all intents and purposes, he's currently decided to be an Alabama assistant coach at this moment, with the approval to interview for open HC positions like any other assistant. That one happens to be from his most recent employer, UB.

We don't have any idea of what Mark Alnutt's intentions are?  This is his first major adversity, and gigantic upcoming hire.  Maybe he has a short list of candidates from outside the program.  Who knows?!?  Danny White went outside the box giving a huge name in college hoops his first big gig.  He also went off the normal road and hired the D-3 leader in winning % on the football side.    This will be interesting for sure.  Sounds like there are UB influencers pulling for Hodgson which may throw a wrench into Alnutt's plans.

It is pretty cool that the fanbase here cares enough about this program to be watching flights and trying to interpret "Likes" on Twitter.

Hodgson says that he wants the head coach job and is the only guy that can keep the program together and not have players leaving?

The team feels betrayed at Hodgson is in Alabama looking at where he would buy a house if UB doesn't give him what he wants?

He should be in Buffalo with the players and he should be on the phone with recruits keeping them interested in UB. 

He is getting paid by UB and he is flying on the Alabama private Jet to meet with Alabama administrators and players?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

Hodgson says that he wants the head coach job and is the only guy that can keep the program together and not have players leaving?

The team feels betrayed at Hodgson is in Alabama looking at where he would buy a house if UB doesn't give him what he wants?

He should be in Buffalo with the players and he should be on the phone with recruits keeping them interested in UB. 

He is getting paid by UB and he is flying on the Alabama private Jet to meet with Alabama administrators and players?

This was literally my point, but I was told I was angry with a vendetta and throwing a tantrum.  The funny part is I know coach B. I dont have anything PERSONAL against him. This is all business like we've said. His business decision was to fly to Alabama at the first possible chance. Alnutt has to make his counter move. 

But you nailed it.

Edited by Kevin

Is anyone else surprised that we haven’t even had a shred of a leak about who’s interviewing for the position? Nothing has come out. Nothing even rumored. I don’t know whether to be worried or impressed.

5 minutes ago, ButlerAlumDad said:

If Bryan is in the running and he is/was the lead recruiter, I don't understand the "abandon ship" by the recruits.

Allen asked out, Hawkins looks like he's switching from us to Bama. Haven't heard of Noah, Durey, or Rojas abandoning ship. Correct me if I'm wrong.

11 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Allen asked out, Hawkins looks like he's switching from us to Bama. Haven't heard of Noah, Durey, or Rojas abandoning ship. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. And as of now no current players have decided to transfer. My guess is that all are waiting for the shoe to drop then make their commitments.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Is anyone else surprised that we haven’t even had a shred of a leak about who’s interviewing for the position? Nothing has come out. Nothing even rumored. I don’t know whether to be worried or impressed.

What leaks were there for the hiring of Quinn, Legette-Jack, Hurley, Oats or Alnutt?

Although there was one on Alnutt about 9.5 hours before he was officially announced.

xx.gif
Re: New AD announced at 11am 3/21
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 01:35:50 AM »

Prediction: Mark Alnutt from Memphis

https://gotigersgo.com/staff.aspx?staff=179

5 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

What leaks were there for the hiring of Quinn, Legette-Jack, Hurley, Oats or Alnutt?

Although there was one on Alnutt about 9.5 hours before he was officially announced.

xx.gif
Re: New AD announced at 11am 3/21
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 01:35:50 AM »

Prediction: Mark Alnutt from Memphis

https://gotigersgo.com/staff.aspx?staff=179

A lot has changed even since Oats was hired. Interviews leak, or at the very least rumors surface. For instance Beilein to Niagara has been around for days before they finally announced it

I would be shocked if Hodgson gets the job. Maybe he’s the next Oats but there just is nothing to go by. He’s never been a head coach at any level. Before he joined Buffalo, he was an assistant at a junior college. Even getting hired here was a huge jump. I really think without the O’Field connection, he’s not at UB. There is no way Alnutt risks his future on him. Yes he can recruit but guess what, if he becomes the head coach, his assistants will need to do most of the recruiting. He needs to delegate. He’s never had any management responsibility. He’s never coached in a game as head coach. Maybe tourneys or clinics but that’s it. 

• Like 1