Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

The Search for a New Head Coach

Jeseph

I knew nothing of Campbell before you guys mentioned him. Looking into him I'm feeling pretty meh. That hire would signal were content to go back what we were under Witherspoon. I can't see this guy + a combination of UB's facilities and offerings = any kind of upward trending. 

Unrelated to the thread: Anyone feel better about UB losing to TT seeing what they are doing to Michigan right now? 

Edited by Nonickname

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

This was literally my point, but I was told I was angry with a vendetta and throwing a tantrum.  The funny part is I know coach B. I dont have anything PERSONAL against him. This is all business like we've said. His business decision was to fly to Alabama at the first possible chance. Alnutt has to make his counter move. 

But you nailed it.

I can tell you how the business works, but I can't make you understand

24 minutes ago, bull_trojan said:

I can tell you how the business works, but I can't make you understand

You’ve used this many other times to different people. I guess it’s settled, you’re the only person who knows how the business works. 

Edited by Kevin

6 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Sorry.  I worded that wrong.  I didn't mean for it to sound as though there was any wrong doing.   If someone follows her on twitter, it would be great if they could post what she wrote on this thread.  It seemed like a bit of a shot at Nate for the way he handled things.  As always, she was very pro-UB in the post. 

What is her Twitter account? I tried looking and didnt see anything.

A colleague of mine in higher education is extremely well connected in college hoops, especially the MAC.  He just told me that the talk among many people in the MAC and UB circles is that the leading candidate is Rob Lanier, associate head coach of Tennessee and former head coach of Siena.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

A colleague of mine in higher education is extremely well connected in college hoops, especially the MAC.  He just told me that the talk among many people in the MAC and UB circles is that the leading candidate is Rob Lanier, associate head coach of Tennessee and former head coach of Siena.

Was on the initial list Jonah and I were talking about:

8 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

HoopDirt reports the same. You'll know if "The Ticket" (Devonte Gaines) asks for his release

Im not sure Mike Anderson comes here. I feel like he might have some bigger offers still in his future.

Id love him and his connections.

Honestly the more some of these bigger names leak out the less interested I am in keeping Hodgson and willing to go a different direction with maybe a better ceiling.

I feel Alnutt feels the same way. I Think Oats was a slam dunk choice to poach from Hurleys camp. But I dont think they feel the same about Hodgson at all. Tunney Murchie has the money, he should be pushing Alnutt to aim higher lol

1 minute ago, Jeseph said:

I'm just glad we've finally got some names to talk about instead of arguing about nothing 😄

Hey your name got leaked out but I think it died when we couldn't get any twitter confirmation that you were in the running. We feed off twitter crumbs here!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, xDerekRx said:

Hey your name got leaked out but I think it died when we couldn't get any twitter confirmation that you were in the running. We feed off twitter crumbs here!

He leaked his own name and then claimed he was going to sign T.J. Massenberg as his first official line of business (like Hawkins to bama)

• Haha 1

Kev Im with you on Mike Anderson as my favorite, but not sure how realistic.

As for Rob Lanier, I don't think I want him. Hes been coaching forever as an AC and he bounces around constantly. His short stint at Siena had a couple successes but overall hes just been back to bouncing around as an AC. Not sure what makes him ready now? Again I don't know what the word is on him overall but might as well just keep Bryan.

Mike Anderson, Rob Lanier.  Either of those would be great.

I'm glad to see we're going after some people with experience.  I'm also good with those that have failed in the past.  I think failure is a good thing and coaches should not be defined by some setbacks.  All great coaches have rough patches.

35 minutes ago, UBigbobby said:

He played at Bonas and was an assistant at Bonas and Niagara so he is familiar with the area.

8 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Jeseph is the new Coach B. Recruiting before the job and getting his name taken out of consideration. At least Alnutt is consistent. 

Is this the case?

Is Hodgson officially out of consideration as a result of the poor way he has handled himself in this situation?