Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

The Search for a New Head Coach

Jeseph

Never understood the fascination with Reggie or Battle for that matter coaching wise. Reggie can’t manage a game. Calls time outs at the most strange times and his rotation/ substitutions are questionable. He always reminded me of a ref who blew the whistle too much and made the game about him. The players should dictate the outcome not the side show refs or coaches for that matter. 

Edited by MKBullsfan

8 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Murray's Louisville profile quotes Chris Mack calling him a "superstar" and states he's been the lead recruiter for Xavier and Louisville. That's appealing.

And Bill Murray at UB games would make us forget the Blue Collar schtick fast. I'm really rooting for this now.

I love the idea of Luke Murray. Obviously the Bill Murray connection is awesome as he's one of my all time favorites

But I still remember how good of a job he did at Xavier.

Whats his path been since? I didn't really see why he left Xavier and started at Louisville. 

2 hours ago, Jeseph said:

I’ve convinced myself that Murray is the guy. I apologize to anyone who agrees with me because this probably means we won’t hire him.

Each time a name gets mentioned or rumored I convince myself they are the guy lol. We’re all just thirsting for a coach. Hopefully there’s resolution by next Tuesday at the latest. There’s still some big openings and some that could open depending. So hopefully we don’t get lost in the coaching carousel.

• Like 1

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2016/02/13/couch-column-dane-fife-msu-indiana/80338014/

I think I like Murray, but would ultimately be happy with a number if the options mentioned. Especially if we get at least a litttle continuity (would Whitesell stay?) A few funny lines from Fife about his gig at IPFW. He describes losing a recruit... to nobody. As in kids would rather not play college basketball than go to to IPFW.

1 minute ago, UB05 said:

Interviewing candidates at final four no doubt. Good catch 

MSU landed in the Twin Cities today.  I'm sure there's maybe one or two other job seekers there too but that's a lot more encouraging than Buffalo, NY or hell any other place right now.

21 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

Good move by UB to give Turner a chance

I really hope Turner gets a shot soon. Establishes himself with success and then comes here. He has two strikes against him, lack of experience and Reggie stank. Hopefully his road to coaching greatness makes a stop here in the future.

Unless of course he’s a horrible coach lol.

Edited by DooleyBull06

I think it's awesome he got an interview. Would love to see him take a lower mid major job to cut his teeth and see what he can do. Then If he's successful maybe he ends up here. It would be one of the greatest stories if it worked out that way