Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

How will Oats do at Bama?

How will Oats do at Alabama?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Oh lord it’s going to be such a shit show for them in the SEC. Lol.....

One of the most funded and successful sports programs in the country is super blue collar because they have practice, like every other team right? Can’t wait to see their red mechanic shirts 😂

21 minutes ago, 961819 said:

This is laughable 

EBC414E8-A432-41EC-91C8-4D0F1CB02F8A.png

Good luck getting 5 star recruits with NBA lottery dreams to dive on the floor and take charges like Dontay and Jordan did.

I mean seriously tho this numbnut couldn’t think of something that went well with Roll Tide. Very original there Hodgson. 

And most of you guys still wanna keep that mantra? Not me.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

And most of you guys still wanna keep that mantra? Not me.

Yes. Our school colors happen to include blue, the community seems to rally around the blue collar ethos, and Whitesell seems to be all about it (maybe it was his idea?) I, for one, don't care what Hodgson does or says in Alabama.

• Like 4

Calipari, Pearl, F. Martin, Barnes, Williams, C Martin, White, Oats, Stackhouse, Musselman, Crean, Howland, Wade, Davis. That’s a murderer’s row of coaching talent in the SEC. To stand out will be extremely difficult. Remember how well the blue collar kids did against the blue blood 1 and done kids two years ago? It’s going to be something like that twice a week. Still not blaming Oats for taking the $12 million (minimum), but it will be interesting to follow how well he does in the lion’s den.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:14 PM, 961819 said:

This is laughable 

EBC414E8-A432-41EC-91C8-4D0F1CB02F8A.png

Is he shouting at their social media team?

Or is Hodgson showing support for the tweet and just has never been in a lab before?

Ha ha… they wear white coats in the lab and are the most white collar...

I feel like their social media team are not on the same page with the staff here.  Which makes sense since one side comes from the ivory tower crowd and are use to having all the resources and the others get their players shirts a delivery driver would wear in an effort to motivate them.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:36 AM, squire17 said:

Calipari, Pearl, F. Martin, Barnes, Williams, C Martin, White, Oats, Stackhouse, Musselman, Crean, Howland, Wade, Davis. That’s a murderer’s row of coaching talent in the SEC. To stand out will be extremely difficult. Remember how well the blue collar kids did against the blue blood 1 and done kids two years ago? It’s going to be something like that twice a week. Still not blaming Oats for taking the $12 million (minimum), but it will be interesting to follow how well he does in the lion’s den.

Yup.  Oats will improve Alabama,  but unlike his time in the MAC he will not be able to out-recruit the other big time SEC programs.  He's not going to simply get better athletes.  Kentucky, LSU, Florida, Auburn, etc..  will all have athletes as good if not better.