Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

FLJ Status/Updates

This is what happens.  It is what it is.  That's life when you are a successful program.   TN is the bluest of blue blood.  I doubt FLJ will get the TN job -- that list is very long.  PSU, on the other hand, seems more reasonable.

• Like 1

Jeez,  Taste some success and instead of continuing to build... these coaches  just bail for more money and higher profile programs.  What happened to loving UB,  the best people-best program, etc.?

Anyway,  half-kidding here.  It's just upsetting to have our basketball program gutted in a day... but they will be fine in the long run.   

3 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

Anyway,  half-kidding here.  It's just upsetting to have our basketball program gutted in a day... but they will be fine in the long run.   

What makes you believe that? I am not sure that I feel the same way at this very moment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

Only because we've lost coaches before and come back strong.  But yeah, it's a worry for sure.

Players are going to leave, and players are going to de-commit most likely. And the program is back to the early 2000's again. Unless by some miracle all of the players stay and all of the recruits stay, then MAYBE. But, it probably is not happening.

Edited by mikescherrer8
Error
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

It's based on hope, which is based on the fact that the program has been climbing since the Reggie days, and athletics had trended upwards since Warde Manuel 

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies".

I hope too, but I don't quite know where this is going to lead at this point. Sadly, I'm not feeling too optimistic at this very moment, and that wasn't how I felt 4 years ago.

8 hours ago, zigo230 said:

Jeez,  Taste some success and instead of continuing to build... these coaches  just bail for more money and higher profile programs.  What happened to loving UB,  the best people-best program, etc.?

OH Yeah!!! They will be fine like Canisius and Niagara. Two programs in total shambles with the best players transferring, coaches fired,coaches in total burnout and crumbling fan bases!!!!!

On 3/28/2019 at 5:43 PM, John said:

OH Yeah!!! They will be fine like Canisius and Niagara. Two programs in total shambles with the best players transferring, coaches fired,coaches in total burnout and crumbling fan bases!!!!!

This is a bad comparison.  If you can't see the difference between UB and Canisius and Niagara, it's not worth even having the discussion.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:07 AM, zigo230 said:

Only because we've lost coaches before and come back strong.  But yeah, it's a worry for sure.

We have lost coaches mainly because they failed and never got us over the hump to be competitive or one of the better teams in the MAC. That’s a big difference than where we are now with a HC candidate in place like Bryan Hodgson who has been a big part of that success. We will falll back into the also ran program and our fan base will be in shambles les like Niagara and Canisius and like so many other programs. Decisions are made by individuals that think they have the intelligence  to make decisions but are lacking in common sense and listening to the fans who have been thru ups and downs for more years than some of these people have been on this earth.

22 hours ago, John said:

We have lost coaches mainly because they failed and never got us over the hump to be competitive or one of the better teams in the MAC. That’s a big difference than where we are now with a HC candidate in place like Bryan Hodgson who has been a big part of that success. We will falll back into the also ran program and our fan base will be in shambles les like Niagara and Canisius and like so many other programs. Decisions are made by individuals that think they have the intelligence  to make decisions but are lacking in common sense and listening to the fans who have been thru ups and downs for more years than some of these people have been on this earth.

22 hours ago, John said:

We will be ok because the conference we reside in.  When push comes to shove, even the most plainly adequate coach can out recruit the rest of the MAC.  Best education, best/biggest city.  Best media attention (sadly), UB basketball both men’s and women’s is the premier destination for MAC level talent.

• Like 3